We stayed here for a two night B&B break (using discount vouchers) and found it wonderful. Although we arrived at a very very busy time on Sunday afternoon (there was a wedding fair in progress) the reception staff were very welcoming and took the time to show us to our room and explain the run of the hotel. After arrival we went walking about the grounds, through the beautiful Walled Gardens, along by the lake and through the arboretum. Then after an idle curiosity visit to the wedding fair (it all looked very impressive and we sampled some delicious food) we sat for a while in one of the beautiful sitting rooms. We had dinner in the dining room (€44 for the set menu), service and ambiance was excellent, but we found the menu a bit limited and the food wasn't exceptional. Breakfast on both mornings was very good and again the service was excellent. On Monday evening we opted for the bar menu which we found excellent, very nicely served and good value.
Our room was very comfortable and although it looked out over the car park at the front of the hotel the view was predominantly of garden and woodland and was pleasant. Some of the public areas of the hotel offer views over the lawn to the lake beyond which is quite stunning, even in damp February weather.
The overall atmosphere in the hotel is restful, cosy and welcoming. We certainly enjoyed our visit and would be delighted to stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Rynn Castle is a 4 star deluxe hotel set on an estate of 350 acres. The Hotel comprises of 42 bedrooms, an AA Rosette Award Winning Restaurant and caters for functions up to 320 persons. A Victorian Walled Gardens takes you to the shores of Lough Rynn, natural woodland, meandering walk ways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Lough Rynn Castle Estate & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Rynn Castle Estate & Gardens Hotel Mohill
- Lough Rynn Castle Estate And Gardens
- Lough Rynn Castle Estate & Gardens Mohill, Ireland - County Leitrim