“staff has done a fantastic job converting Mylakes to Viva Mayr”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maria Worth
VIVA-Das Zentrum fur Moderne Mayr Medizin
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Maria Worth
London
“staff has done a fantastic job converting Mylakes to Viva Mayr”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just returned from a fantastic week of sunshine from Viva Mayr. This new location is not the same as the Maria Worth although the staff has transformed this five star hotel into a clinic. The staff are the same as Maria Worth and as professional as before. The rooms are comfortable and modern have all five star facilities, with balconies facing the lake. Portschach is a summer resort at present very few cafes are open. This is going to be a problem in the summer as there will be a lot of noise and distraction. During the week there were some locals walking on the promonade infront of the hotel. So if you did have your windows open there is noise. It is not a tranquil as Maria Worth. Swimming pool is like a plunge pool not for swimmers. Tea room is large and faces the lake better than Maria Worth. If you are planing to go this year avoid June/July/August as you will not have any peace.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Margeritta

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just returned from the Viva Mayr and am trying to continue the good habits that were under construction during my 1 week visit. This really is 'wellness clinic' with the emphasis on 'clinic'. Most people come for the 'cure' but are delighted by the atmosphere and scenery of the Worthersee once they arrive. If you are in the need of more than just downtime by a pool and would like the opportunity to explore how changing your diet can dramatically change your health, the Viva is a great choice.

The doctors conveyed a warm expertise, tests were exhaustive, the food was delicious and satisfying - so despite the small quantities prescribed in my formula, I never once felt hungry. The "cure" is basically a modified fast, so this says something. The center has everything that you would need during your stay: Indoor pool, gym, center for beauty treatments and ample outdoor space, including two beautiful private docks extending into Lake Worth, to lounge about. If one is doing the cure, energy is low the first several days, so you're not good for much else while detoxing.

However, when that energy ping hits, there is a ferry to take you to explore the other villages around the lake, plus paddle boarding and even water skiing. It's definitely not for everyone, and most 'patients' stay at least two weeks. But I was already reasonably healthy, so I opted for the minimum 1 week stay just to see what I could learn. I learned tons and I'll definitely be back - and if staying 7 days left me feeling this good, I'll try to go for 10 next time round.

Room Tip: You really must get a room on the lakeside. Rooms facing the street can be noisy and, really, the vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank jcapri
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I just spent a week at Viva Mayr with my mom and have to agree with the previous review. You definitely should go only in the summer months - we arrived on the Wednesday and had stunning weather until the Saturday on the Sunday for three days it rained and trust me this place is not ideal in the rain! There is nothing to do!! I agree there definelty needs to be more classes or activities.

The "cure" is interesting and if you have digestive problems this is most certainly the place to go but be warned it is very much an older crowd +60.

Some of the treatments are good but very expensive the only two I would recommend are the Kinesiology and colon therapy.

Rooms and interior are a little to be desired. I don't think I will be back but my mom is planning to return with my father next year!

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank CollCape
Kukusik
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This place has been on my radar screen due to spectacular reviews and some articles in British media. I booked for several weeks, yet due to horrible weather in May (my room was 16-17 degrees before I asked for a heater to be turned on) and personal circumstances I had to fly out earlier. I've discovered that they have a 90% cancellation penalty, another words, you can't change you mind - love it or hate it. Now, this policy is in small print, and nobody goes over it with you... which is misleading in my opinion...I had to pay for additional 5 days (not cheap) for the time I wasn't even IN the hotel. So, big "no-no"!

If the weather is nice, you can go for walks in the forest or swim, but if you are out of luck - there is nothing to do. I wish they had some classes besides the "morning gymnastics" - there were no yoga classes etc....(although available as personal training option) just "morning gymnastics" (sounds so 80s), and the Nordic walking (again, if you are out of luck on the weather), you can't enjoy it.

Also, I found that their massages and cosmetic services were very average, certainly a big part of the "cure", but not satisfying - some knowledge on the part of the therapists, but couldn't compare to magicians in places like Bali and Four Seasons, for example. They also skimp on the time.

For a property that is in the luxury category, the furniture has had its days, looks shabby and way outdated. Well, most people are there not for the furniture, but if you are paying premium, it would be nice to have all components to be perfect.

Sorry, wouldn't come back or recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
11 Thank Kukusik
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I flew from Australia to experience the 'Viva Mayr Cure' and it did not disappoint. I stayed almost three weeks and they fixed everything that I thought was wrong me and everything I didn't know was wrong me. I feel like a different person. The food is gourmet. The staff exceptional. These people know their business. I can't fault the hotel or the treatments. It's perfection and I want to return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Ann G
London
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Once you have been you come back again. After last year my body told me it was to time for a MOT. This year chose to come in April . The nature has been breath taking with lovely walks in the woods, swimming in the lake (12C) and enjoying the peace and quit. As usual this is the only place that gives you the results you are looking for in a sensible way. If you choose to do nothing you can: I am sure you will still achieve what you have come for. After one week Viva help me to destress, revitalise, loose weight and mostly made me realise that there is more to life than what we think. Food is excellent, tasty,well presented. Emanuela the chef is vey creative. The staff smiley, professional, cant do enough. Treatments reasonable and effective. Only negative toilet papers are eco friendly so bring your baby wipes.

Room Tip: Lake view definitely.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Margeritta
England
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Experience the beauty inside and out at Viva Mayr. The treatment menu is extensive and comprehensive, offering tailored treatments and diets to allow for a return to health, or a boost to your vitality for the already-healthy. The staff are incredibly friendly and a joy to be around, the food is fresh, delicious - albeit smaller portions for the cleansing effect. The mountain/lake view from my room ensured every day was a sheer joy to behold, with the mountain air cascading through the french windows. Treatment plans are impeccable and include diet, exercise, massage, light therapy, colonics, and so much more. I enjoyed the aqua bike, and plate one was a great experience - both of which I would like to repeat! The synergy of offerings ensure this is an experience you will want to repeat. My cleanse was deep, and I have kept the routine since returning home, including the Viva Mayr diet. I fell in love with Austria on this trip!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the lake view...it is food for the soul!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Schloss Seefels Hotel
Schloss Seefels Hotel
#1 of 13 in Portschach am Worther See
Hotel Barry Memle Lakeside Resort
Hotel Barry Memle Lakeside Resor...
#1 of 31 in Velden am Woerthersee
Werzer's Hotel Resort Portschach
Werzer's Hotel Resort Portschach
#2 of 13 in Portschach am Worther See

Been to VIVA-Das Zentrum fur Moderne Mayr Medizin? Share your experiences!