“Very good restaurant”
Review of Lu Disiu - CLOSED

Lu Disiu
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The owner of the agriturismo where we were staying advised us to go here, and it was really good food, nice little place, with a nice waiter. Very fresh food, cooked with love

There are newer reviews for Lu Disiu

Reviewed 8 September 2010

We dined here in late June 2010 on two consecutive nights. A warm, hospitable ristorante, the food was fresh, traditional, and well-prepared. Some of our items over the two nights: the fish antipasti platter, zuppa di verdure, nero di seppia, fish of the day which was 3 perfectly sautéed little fish of different types, and pasta with bottarga di tonno.

1  Thank bon_voyage_06
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay in Castelvetrano, once for dinner, once for lunch. The food is excellent, & not expensive. You may need a phrasebook if you don't speak any Italian. The service was very good, they made us feel very welcome. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 6 June 2010

The chef, and owner, of this charming family-run establishment is obviously a man in love with his profession. The embodiment of 'simpatico'. He asked us what we liked, what we wanted to eat, and then began to ' paint a picture' of how he would like to present the dish to us. Take his advice, he is an artist; each course was a delight to behold and a gastronomic experience of the genuine taste of Sicily. . . . as an aside; it was the least expensive evening meal of our trip.
Gillian from London England 7 June 2010

Reviewed 7 April 2010

I found this restaurant on the recommendation of my B&B Villa Sogna in Selinunte about 15 minutes away. I was looking a place that "does" meat and this is certainly the place. Claudio welcoming me at the door and seated me in the charming dining room. With my limited Italian, we decided on an antipasti of typical dishes, eggplant, potato, roasted red peppers with balsamic vinegar, and artichoke. I went straight for a secondo of beef filet and it was perfect. I was so pleased that I went back the next night. Go hungry. My one regret was not being able to finish the main courses and being able to sample one of the homemade desserts. The prices are very fair considering quality of the food. I paid between €20-25 for the meals. Gaspare is a very gracious host and follow the suggestions of his son, Claudio, for what will suit you. You will need a phrase book or some basic Italian.

1  Thank TABofotd