“Wonderful local food, warm & attentive hosts.”
Review of Lu Disiu - CLOSED

Lu Disiu
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay in Castelvetrano, once for dinner, once for lunch. The food is excellent, & not expensive. You may need a phrasebook if you don't speak any Italian. The service was very good, they made us feel very welcome. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 6 June 2010

The chef, and owner, of this charming family-run establishment is obviously a man in love with his profession. The embodiment of 'simpatico'. He asked us what we liked, what we wanted to eat, and then began to ' paint a picture' of how he would like to present the dish to us. Take his advice, he is an artist; each course was a delight to behold and a gastronomic experience of the genuine taste of Sicily. . . . as an aside; it was the least expensive evening meal of our trip.
Gillian from London England 7 June 2010

Reviewed 7 April 2010

I found this restaurant on the recommendation of my B&B Villa Sogna in Selinunte about 15 minutes away. I was looking a place that "does" meat and this is certainly the place. Claudio welcoming me at the door and seated me in the charming dining room. With my limited Italian, we decided on an antipasti of typical dishes, eggplant, potato, roasted red peppers with balsamic vinegar, and artichoke. I went straight for a secondo of beef filet and it was perfect. I was so pleased that I went back the next night. Go hungry. My one regret was not being able to finish the main courses and being able to sample one of the homemade desserts. The prices are very fair considering quality of the food. I paid between €20-25 for the meals. Gaspare is a very gracious host and follow the suggestions of his son, Claudio, for what will suit you. You will need a phrase book or some basic Italian.

1  Thank TABofotd
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Meat or fish? The food is fresh and wonderfully prepared. We ate there 2 nights in a row because the food was fabulous and we were staying at a B&B around the corner.
The pasta dish I had here, homemade tubes with a broccoli puree was the best I had in all of Sicily. The waiter was attentive and well-informed and even made a phone call for my husband at a booth on the street where they met again. The chef was friendly and came out to converse in the dining room and see if everything was good. Magnifico!

Reviewed 16 September 2009

IF you are anywhere near this restaurant, definitely give it a try. the food is wonderful, fresh and so good. take a phrase book with you, as the guy that served us didn't speak much english, but he was so friendly and accomadating. however i think all you need to know is whether you want to go down the meat or the fish route. there was no menu, so i opted for fish my boyfriend had the meat and both were equally delicious. the waiter kept asking us if we wanted a rest between courses which we did and its a good job we did as each course was delightful, my pasta course was ridiculously good and i was pretty full after this, but after a little rest we were ready for the next course which was amazing. we even squeezed in a desert to share and i'm still smiling now thinking about what a fantastic meal it was. the best bit is the fact that the chef came out to see us after each course to check to see if we liked it!!! he was bombarded with our pidgeon italian shouts of bellisima and constant thumbs up signs!