“Superb!”
Review of Hotel Milano

Hotel Milano
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lanzo d'Intelvi
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This was one of the best National Holidays we have ever been on (and we have been on a few!!) Dave and John (our drivers) were great - full of information and fun! - they felt like friends! The hotel was simply superb - clean sheets and towels every day and the food was out of this world (yes put on a pound or six!!) Cannot recommend this holiday highly enough - don't think about it - book it!! we will back as soon as we can!!

Lindsay and Sheila Walters

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LandSW
There are newer reviews for Hotel Milano

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I've never ever been tempted to write a review before but I really feel I must. There's really only one thing to say - WOW - what a wonderful experience. The staff could not do enough for us. They were always bright and cheerful and exceptionally helpful. The five course meal, with wine and water, was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable, a joy to go back to after a busy day! Alex you have the balance just right - well done! The road leading to the hotel is 'memorable' Thank you Chris and Neil for negotating this so well - excellent driving skills!

8  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have never bothered to make a comment on a holiday before but on this occasion I feel I must.
I can only endorse the previous comments on how wonderful this family run hotel is and also the excellent driving skills of Dave Hoyle and his local knowledge of the best places to go. He also organised extra guides if you wanted to use them for the visit to Milan which was wonderful and I learned something new about Italy and as a result will never sit down for coffee again!! Apparently if you remain standing at the bar they can only charge you the set price no matter how expensive the location.
Unfortunately towards the end of my holiday I became ill with a virus which went to my chest and required medical assistance. Once again Dave the coach driver and Alessandro the hotel manager came to the rescue and took me to see the English speaking doctor at the local hospital, making sure I took my passport and European health insurance card etc. with me.
I was well looked after and following an overnight admission returned with a prescription. Once again Alessandro took me in his own car to the local chemist and was both helpful and caring.
I cannot thank him enough....'molte grazie Alessandro, molte grazie'
p.s. loved the PG tips.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank jan W
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just back from a coach holiday with National Holidays to the Italian Lakes.
What can I say It was wonderful.We stayed in Hotel Milano for 6 nights, loveley bedrooms ,very clean ,clean towel every day, the food was excellent, on many occassions too much.
Wonderful staff who could do not enough for us made you very welcome.
Dave and John were excelent drivers and had a lot of knowlegde about the area.
All in all we had a wonderful time and would recommend this holiday to all my family and friends,

Room Tip: ask for a room with balcony
4  Thank mariaBrunssum
Reviewed 8 July 2013

just back from a wonderful coach holiday to the Italian Lakes with National, 29th june for 9 days. Stayed at the Hotel Milano for 6 nights. Hotel was excellent spacious room and en-suite.Food superb and as I am a fussy eater they were very accommodating. Five courses every night and on the last night there was a wonderful cake!! The Hotel is family run and the family were always around which added a lovely feeling. David and John were excellent both in their driving and information. Great holiday all round.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room
5  Thank jane w
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Holiday started on 15th June 2013 this was my first holiday with this company also a coach holiday for a nine day trip. Staying at this hotel for six evenings, I would highly recommend this hotel also the trip it self. I had a splendid time (I travel alone) I felt secure and made friends the hotel and the staff were very helpful and respectful the hotel was above and beyond cleanliness. The food was also wonderful. I would go again with out any hesitation, I will now be contacting National Holidays to inform them and compliment Dave and Peter who were terrific the journey up to the hotel was not for the faint hearted, they were to be congratulated. A wonderful time many thanks to the owners of Hotel Milano ! Margaret W from Northumberland. England.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My Husband and I have just returned from our holiday with national holiday's to Italy, we stayed at the Milano hotel which was first class. The hotel is a family run hotel they were very friendly and could not do enough for us. The food was excellent we had a 5 course evening meal with wine of our choice. Our room was very clean and we had clean sheets and clean towels every day, the garden was large and plenty of chairs to sit out, it was one of the best hotels we have stayed at. National coach's have made a very good choice with this superb hotel. May thanks to the two drivers we had on this trip, Dave and Peter made the trip giving excellent value for money. Well done national Holidays a holiday to remember. The holiday was from the 15th June to 23rd. We would go with national again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gloria b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanzo d'Intelvi
Hotel Belvedere
Hotel Bazzoni et du Lac
Hotel Bazzoni et du Lac
#7 of 8 in Tremezzina
Agriturismo Il Talento Nella Quiete
Agriturismo Il Talento Nella Qui...
#1 of 2 in Castiglione d'Intelvi
Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior
Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior
#4 of 5 in Cadenabbia di Griante

Been to Hotel Milano? Share your experiences!