“here's your hat what's your hurry.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Mother's Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hunter River
My Mother's Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hunter River B&B and Inns
New Brunswick Canada
“here's your hat what's your hurry.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

The inn is extremely clean, food was great and beautiful surroundings. I would have rated it as a 4.5 out of 5. Unfortunately I cannot do that. while eating breakfast the first morning they stopped at our table and asked if they could go in the room to change towels , I wasn't sure what I had left out and was not comfortable with that.The next morning I drove my husband to a meeting and came back by 8:25 am. My intent was to shower, have breakfast (which was prearranged for 9:00 am), and pack and be checked out by 10:00. (earlier than if I had stayed at a hotel). I walked in my room to discover the sheets and blankets had already been removed, which means that my purse, my open suitcase and most of my belongings that were on the bed in preparation for me to pack had been moved , and all of this done in the 20 minutes that I was gone, before 8:25 am.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travellerfromNB

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Drumheller, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We booked this B&B because it was central in PEI and was close to a wedding and recpetion we were attending. It is off the beaten track, but not difficult to find and we were greeted by our host when we arrived. A friendly welcome and we were shown to our room. Everything was explained about the B&B and our room. We put our bags in the room and we were off to our reception. Came back late and found the place no problem. Easy to find.

The next morning we had a delicious breakfast and off to Charlottetown for lunch with friends. Since it was raining, we decided to go back to the B&B to relax and read until the wedding. We had a very enjoyable time, listening to the rain, in front of the fireplace, while we read our books. Off we went to the wedding and then came back after supper and had a great sleep.

Sunday morning was another excellent breakfast, more relaxing and then we were off to home.

Overall a very good place to stay, and if your plans included exploring PEI, then this is a central place. You could unpack, say here every night, and still see all of the Island. The maps are decieving - you can get anywhere on the island from this B&B in under one hour, both east and west.

I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Christopher C
nova scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We chose the Inn as an ideal hub for exploring the Island but it immediately became more than that. From the start Nellie and Ragnar looked after our every need and made us feel part of the family. We loved the peace and quiet, the stars at night, the great sleeps in our immaculate room and breakfasts which set us up for the day.
We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank retiredandlovinit04
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from a lovely trip to the east coast and our stay in New Glasgow (Hunter River Area) in PEI was truly the highlight of our trip. My Mother's Country Inn was a romantic B&B set in the country side of beautiful PEI. We had the best suit and it had the fittings of a 5 star luxury hotel but better! Great hosts made our stay even more special and the breakfast was fantastic. I would highly recommend and will definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jlsimpson71
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

We live on the westcoast of Canada, and although we have travelled all the way to Ontario, have never experienced the Maritime provinces. After spotting a seat sale in the paper, it was decided that it was time that we should go and visit at least one of the provinces to the east. Prince Edward Island seemed a promising destination.
We were not dissappointed... we travelled immediately before the busy summer season to avoid the crowds. We arrived as the potato fields were being planted. Everywhere there were rolling hills, little villages and endless beaches... the landscape is amazing.
I had stayed at B&B's before in Ireland and enjoyed the experience, and thought that this woudl be the ideal way to visit this small rural island.
I chose My Mother's Country Inn because of it's central rural location... and the picture of the pond shown on their internet site. We found the area as an ideal location to start each morning as we explored the island.
We stayed in the Adams room. We found the room to be clean, and well appointed. The room has a King sized bed, sitting area and a full bathroom. The room is on the second floor and the views from the windows were great. We could have been very comfortable staying in the room, but since we also had access to the living room and a reading area we took full advantage of those areas. The whole house seems to be well designed and furnished.
We spent time wandering around the beautifully kept grounds. And when I was tired after a long day of exploring i could pull up a lawn chair and sit in front of the pond with my book, or wander around some more and take photos of the pond and surrounding area.
Our hosts were friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed their company immensely. We had come during the Stanley Cup playoffs and everyone gathered around the TV in the evenings to cheer on the Canucks. I probably watched my first hockey game from start to finish in PEI. We really did feel that we were in the home of friends and not just at another hotel.
Of course, breakfast was available each morning. How great is it to have someone else make and serve you breakfast int eh moring? The dining area is comfortable and spacious. And our hosts were sure to take into account any dietary concerns. Great food...and we were ready to go off on another day of exploring the countryside.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lotusw
Sarnia, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

We were overall satisfied with this B&B. The rooms are beautiful and the decorating is remarkable but when it came over overall value and service I would advise another B&B.

I will say however, that we are newbie travellers and have yet to find our travelling style but from my limited experience people stay at B&B's for the family like feeling and the personal touch that this B&B simply does not offer. It is a very business oriented B&B. The breakfast tables do not offer the chance to commue with other travellers and the food was good but not great. It was mostly self-serve with a hot plate brought out to later on. Overall, I would say that it is a little on the expensive side for what they offer. But, again, I think it just boils down to personal preference.

On a positive note, the rooms were prestine and the bed was expectionally comfortable. The grounds were also very beautiful. It is easy to find and the host, Ragnar, is a friendly man and the other 3 staff members were also very pleasant.

I would be careful recommding this place to others. I think if it fit with a person's style it would be perfect. But for us, I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SavedbyFaith
Orono, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this Inn. We had the "executive cabin", which was 3 bedrooms (1 bath). Very clean, nice rooms, complete kitchen with all utensils. Location was fabulous, near Cavendish, beaches. Price was excellent for the whole cabin. Note that this cabin does not come with breakfast. Internet only in the main house but couldn't connect to it. TV list had many stations but the TV only got a few - not even English language CBC.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
#2 of 3 in Rustico
Chalet Grand Pre Cottages
Chalet Grand Pre Cottages
#3 of 3 in Hunter River

Been to My Mother's Country Inn? Share your experiences!