“Like Staying with Good Friends”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hunter River
My Mother's Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hunter River B&B and Inns
Nelson Bay
“Like Staying with Good Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was a fabulous bed & breakfast! Beautiful property and our "Uncle Adams" room was cosy and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and you can order what you like. It was good that there was a flexible time too as many of the other places we stayed had a set time for breakfast.
Ragnar and Nellie were wonderful hosts and made us feel at home. All the rooms look great and everything is well run. They also gave us information about great restaurants and things to do in the area. Very close to Green Gables.

Room Tip: This is located on Highway 13 (not Route 13 if using a GPS)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
whitewood, sk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

very nice people who run this B+B definatly felt welcome and comfortable. they were accomodating with a breakfast time at our special request to have it early. it was easy find Via the directions given over the phone. there was NO A/C, and we had a shared bath. This was also the most $$ we stayed in our whole trip. although the house is set back a good distance from the road it is in a valley and as a result the road noise was enough to keep a light sleeper awake when staying in the parlour room (windows had to be open due to the no a/c) very clean and a beautiful home, breakfast was great. But for the $$ i dont think i will stay again i will try one of the others in the area.

Room Tip: the parlour room is huge, but does not have an a/c unit of an ensuite bath, road noise is a problem...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rockinox
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Clean room, comfortable, somewhat difficult to find, wifi reception was borderline at best, but overall a good value. The farm seemed meticulously clean, however, improved wi-fi, A/C, more private backyards for the one bedroom cottages, and more than one BBQ for four cottages would have improved my stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Desfluorane
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I made last-minute plans to spend the long weekend on PEI. We chose this Inn/B&B by a combination of its good location and good price... and a vacancy! The property is in a quiet country area, but an easy drive from surrounding communities and beaches including New Glasgow, North Rustico and Cavendish. With chain hotels in Charlottetown posting rates close to $300 a night, this choice was a no-brainer.

This country home has been lovingly and very beautifully restored. The photos on their website really don't do it justice. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the grounds were also lovely. Breakfast included a nice selection of cold dishes (fruit & yogurt, cold cereal, juice) and a hot entree (waffles & sausage or quiche one day, bacon & eggs the next) with ample fresh coffee or tea.

We stayed in the "Anne" room which was cozy. The bathroom featured a luxurious big tub and great shower. Unfortunately - one of my pet peeves as a traveller - the guest towels were too short to comfortably wrap yourself in after a soak in the tub. We happened to be staying there on two very hot nights. There was a large fan in the room which, coupled with the open window, helped - but some AC would have been a welcome addition. There wasn't a TV in the room, which wasn't much of a problem with plenty to entertain us in nice weather, but it might have been nice to have for a rainy day or a quiet evening in.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to fellow travellers!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New Brunswick Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

The inn is extremely clean, food was great and beautiful surroundings. I would have rated it as a 4.5 out of 5. Unfortunately I cannot do that. while eating breakfast the first morning they stopped at our table and asked if they could go in the room to change towels , I wasn't sure what I had left out and was not comfortable with that.The next morning I drove my husband to a meeting and came back by 8:25 am. My intent was to shower, have breakfast (which was prearranged for 9:00 am), and pack and be checked out by 10:00. (earlier than if I had stayed at a hotel). I walked in my room to discover the sheets and blankets had already been removed, which means that my purse, my open suitcase and most of my belongings that were on the bed in preparation for me to pack had been moved , and all of this done in the 20 minutes that I was gone, before 8:25 am.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travellerfromNB
Drumheller, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We booked this B&B because it was central in PEI and was close to a wedding and recpetion we were attending. It is off the beaten track, but not difficult to find and we were greeted by our host when we arrived. A friendly welcome and we were shown to our room. Everything was explained about the B&B and our room. We put our bags in the room and we were off to our reception. Came back late and found the place no problem. Easy to find.

The next morning we had a delicious breakfast and off to Charlottetown for lunch with friends. Since it was raining, we decided to go back to the B&B to relax and read until the wedding. We had a very enjoyable time, listening to the rain, in front of the fireplace, while we read our books. Off we went to the wedding and then came back after supper and had a great sleep.

Sunday morning was another excellent breakfast, more relaxing and then we were off to home.

Overall a very good place to stay, and if your plans included exploring PEI, then this is a central place. You could unpack, say here every night, and still see all of the Island. The maps are decieving - you can get anywhere on the island from this B&B in under one hour, both east and west.

I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Christopher C
nova scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We chose the Inn as an ideal hub for exploring the Island but it immediately became more than that. From the start Nellie and Ragnar looked after our every need and made us feel part of the family. We loved the peace and quiet, the stars at night, the great sleeps in our immaculate room and breakfasts which set us up for the day.
We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Saint Peters Bay
The Harbour House
The Harbour House
#2 of 23 in Charlottetown

Been to My Mother's Country Inn? Share your experiences!