“Recent trip to St Pierre, Wakefield.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel St Pierre

BEST WESTERN Hotel St Pierre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newmillerdam
Cornwall.UK
“Recent trip to St Pierre, Wakefield.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Second visit in 12 months visiting relatives. Room excellent, spotless and comfortable bed. Nice touches with water and goodies laid on for such a price ( we paid £59.50 for twin room ). Breakfast fine with good choice. We were in room fronting road but no problem with traffic noise. One slight question, why only one bath and hand towel for two persons?. We arrived Sunday for two days to find restaurant closed Sunday evening and bar closed 9.0pm. and finding decent eating place Sunday in Wakefield could be a problem for others. Think this should be highlighted on web site. Other than that, staff excellent and will use again, hotel has good position for area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed on night on busines trip. Very efficient chck in and quickly directed to my room on the first floor. Good size and spotlessly clean - impressive bathroom. Pre dinner drink was pleasant in the lounge area off reception at the front of the hotel. Big comfy leather sofas you could sit in all night! Restuarant menu was good but the room lacked any atmosphere and was window less - no views or could watch the world go by. Service was good by a lovely lady who was very attentive.Sleep quality was not as good as I hoped as the bed was quite firm and I like a firm bed but this was slightly too much for me.
Biggest disappointment was the quality the full English - not great and left quite a bit of it (for me) service was however very good and the extras laid out were plentiful with a good choice.
Very handy location wise being under 10 mimutes from the centre of Wakefield and I would recommend this place for the business traveller as good location and good value for money.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed for 5 nights here while visiting friends in the area and from the moment I walked in through the door I knew I had made the right choice!

My room was spotless with a huge bed, the bathroom (while being a bit tired) was also very clean - in fact my room was cleaned to such a high standard throughout my stay that I sought out the housekeepers to thank them, something I've never felt the need to do before! The room was well equipped and the free Wi-Fi was definitely well used! Despite being on a busy road, I didn't hear a thing and slept soundly every night.

Breakfast was hosted during the week by one of the stars of this establishment - Francine. On the first morning I was very nearly late but just scrapped in in time. She made a point of telling me that I could be as late as I liked as I was on holiday and deserved to lie in! I was very touched.

Diane behind reception was also particularly friendly and always had a cheery smile on her face, in fact I did not encounter any member of staff that was not friendly, courteous and willing to put themselves out for me.

Well done to you all and next time I'm in the area I wouldn't even dream of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

quick smiley check in...free parking...free wifi....really clean room...comfortable bed...really clean bathroom....with bath....evening meal food...hmm...a bit bland ...not very inspiring to look at...but hot...tasty...and cheap enough to make amends...steak pie, peas, chips = £9.95...I was very late to breakfast...was expecting to be told to go away....but...Francine was the lady in the breakfast room...she was an absolute star... made me a bacon butty...coffee....thanks... you made my morning.....efficient check out.....would definitely recommend this hotel....I pass by periodically on business and will certainly be back....good stuff st Pierre

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

First time at St Pierre but not the last.
Late booking due to change in plans and arrived late but still received warm welcome. All the staff were very helpful and polite.
Excellent dinner despite arriving shortly before the restaurant officially closed. The impression was they would have stayed open all night if I required it.
Good breakfast, served to order and without delay.
Check out quick and simple.
What more from a hotel when on a business trip?

Wiltshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my wife because we wanted to visit the sculpture park nearby and the Hepworth gallery. The hotel is ideally situated for this as it is only 15 minutes from the park by car and a short bus ride from the gallery. The bus stop is right outside the hotel. The hotle itself is clean and comfortable and the breakfasts, we thought, were very good with a good variety of food. The staff, especially the breakfast staff, were very friendly and helpful.The room was quiet and comfortable.I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
wakefield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

From booking in March to arriving for our Ruby Wedding celebration in November it was a seemless service. I upgraded our double room for a suite and so glad we did, I believe we had the wedding suite which was very spacious, clean and comfortable with a huge four poster bed. Melanie our party organisor certainly knows her stuff, every attention to detail was there for all to see but with discrete prompts through the evening making it a night to remember. The food was brilliant the staff very helpful and attentive. Breakfast was the best I have had in a long time. A big thank you to Melanie and all the team at Hotel St Pierre, our party will be remember for a long, long time.

Room Tip: We had a first floor suite with triple aspect windows one with views over the countryside. It was s...