“Wedding”

Best Western Hotel St Pierre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newmillerdam
“Wedding”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wow! Where do I start?! Well, after a lot of discussion on where we should get married, our personal choices were :- Abroad, Registry office or a local hotel. We loved the idea of getting married abroad (wedding and honeymoon all rolled into one) however we knew that a lot of our nearest and dearest family members would not be able to join us on our special day, due to the cost of it. Registry office was out of the question due to lack of parking for our guests! I had heard fab reviews about Hotel St Pierre from numerous people, commenting on how they have been there for meals, and how excellent the food was. My mum lives close to the hotel as do a lot of family members, so it made perfect sense to have our wedding there, having the wedding ceremony itself, the wedding breakfast and also the evening celebrations, everything all under one roof! I stayed at the hotel the night before so I could be up as early as I needed to be, which saved on getting a wedding car . On our first visit to Hotel St Pierre, we were greeted by their extremely friendly wedding coordinator called Melanie Hall! I couldn't possible praise Melanie enough for all her help organising our wedding, even when I changed my mind three times (yes three times lol) on the colour of the sashes I wanted for the ceremony chairs, Melanie was great about it all. I seriously could not have wished for a better person to organise my wedding day for me, even booking our wedding at such short notice, everything went sooo smoothly! Just before I was about to join my future husband, Melanie appeared and she was so good at helping settle my nerves! The Wedding breakfast was absolutely delicious, and every single guess said exactly the same about their choice of meal! I now see why the Hotel St Pierre is so highly rated for their excellent meals!!! The whole room looked amazing, Melanie did us so proud!!! All the staff were brilliant, and the very lovely Richard (Whom I had only met on the wedding day itself) all looked after us, fetching us all extra veg and sauces, making sure we were all well looked after. And the evening buffet was fantastic also, along with the in house DJ. I can not praise this hotel and the staff enough, they were all so very friendly and helpful, but most of all I will never forget how excellent the wedding coordinator was from start to finish, she is a little gem!! And I am sooo pleased that we decided to hold our wedding at the hotel St Pierre over the other two options, it was a very special day in a little gem of a place!! Eternally grateful to everyone who works at the Hotel St Pierre (Especially Melanie) for making our special day, so very special indeed!!! (Wedding held on the 19th April 2014)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gemma_Taylor, General Manager at Best Western Hotel St Pierre, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much and what a fantastic review !! We are all so pleased that your Wedding Day was perfect for you, and so happy that all your guests commented on how good the food and service was. This was such a special day for you both, and I’m absolutely delighted to read such nice things about Mel ,Richard ,the DJ and all the staff here that work so hard to make all our events run smoothly, ensuring our valued guests take away wonderful memories. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Having recently had our wedding at St Pierre I feel the need to share our experience. From start to finish the day was magical, Melanie, the wedding coordinator is amazing, there was nothing that was too much trouble for her, the advise given to us during the planning was fantastic. The food was amazing and all of our guests were raving about it. We could not have asked for a better day.
Thank you all for making our day perfect!!!! Could not recommend this hotel any higher! Thanks again.
Mrs L Richardson

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
What a pleasure it is for all the team here to read such a fantastic review of our hotel, and we are all thrilled that you enjoyed your day so much , from the planning , food and Melanie's advice and assistant in making your perfect day. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel is south of Newmillerdam. The village is just close enough to walk to for a pleasent stroll. The restaurant area is small but seems to cope well with the number of guests staying. Most tables are for four people which does mean that many are taken up with just one person. The staff are friendly and attentive. The lounge area has lots of sofas for lounging on. Again great if there are two or three folks but when just solo or two folks they get used up. I'd recommend the hotel but if you are a "soap stealer" then forget it as they use the dispensing gadgets.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

2 Thank John B
Gemma_Taylor, General Manager at Best Western Hotel St Pierre, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
What a pleasure it is for all the team here to read such a fantastic review of our hotel, and we are all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have personally congratulated the members of staff who helped to make your stay so welcoming, and they were really happy to receive this recognition. We all look forward to meeting you again when you are next in the country - thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very Good no problems encountered at all. Staff very helpful friendly and polite. Room was very clean and tidy and room service was delivered in a timely menner and well presented. I regulary use this hotel as overnight accomodation while on business in this region.

1 Thank Paul D
It is such a pleasure to receive a review like yours from a regular guest, and I would like to thank you on behalf of all the team here at the Saint Pierre Hotel for your lovely comments. The staff are ecstatic that they have been recognized, and I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to place your review. I’m so pleased that you will be returning to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good all round hotel with great location and good service - only drawback was parking at night due to some kind of function. Food was good for the price both at dinner and breakfast. Reception staff were all excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased that you found the location,reception staff ,food and service to your liking. Please accept my apologies regarding the parking arrangement. Once again, thank you for taking the time to place your review, and I hope you will return to us when you are next visiting the area.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just had our wedding reception at St Pierre and cant speak more highly. From the Friday night when all the families and friends arrived the service from the hotel was excellent.

On the day itself I cannot praise the wedding co-ordinator enough for her hard work which made the day go so smoothly. Food was excellent and delivered with speed and ease to the satusfaction of our guests.

The evening and buffet was excellent. The DJ played music to cater for all the room and his improvisation skills for getting a song he didnt have for me (groom) is to be commended.

I would recommend this hotel without question!!

• Stayed April 2014
Gemma_Taylor, General Manager at Best Western Hotel St Pierre, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
WOW, what a fantastic review !! We are all so pleased that your Wedding Day was perfect for you, and so happy that you enjoyed the food , service and Stuart the DJ. This was such a special day for you both, and I’m absolutely delighted to read such nice things about Mel and all the staff here that work so hard to make all our events run smoothly, ensuring our valued guests take away wonderful memories. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This Hotel offers great value,for the amenities on offer i have used this hotel for the last 4 years for business stays and stayed over 60 times, would not have stayed there that many times if i wasn't happy with the level of service i receive from the front desk right through to house keeping top notch service.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

It is such a pleasure to receive a review like yours from a loyal and frequent guest as yourself, and I would like to thank you on behalf of all the team here at the Saint Pierre Hotel for your lovely comments. The staff are ecstatic that they have been recognized, and I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to place your review. I’m so pleased that you will be returning to us, and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmillerdam
Waterton Park Hotel
#2 of 2 in Ossett
Holiday Inn Express Wakefield
Travelodge Wakefield Woolley Edge M1 Southbound
Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40

Been to Best Western Hotel St Pierre? Share your experiences!