Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
York House Hotel(Wakefield)
1,504 results
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealleisure facilitiesset menuleisure clubtea coffeeweekend breakfood was lovelystayed for one nightan overnight stayplenty of parkingexcellent value for moneygood nights sleepthe yorkshire sculpture parkfull englishgymwakefield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was lucky enough to go to here for my Mothers Day Lunch. I can not find enough good words to say about my experience. The food was gorgeous, the surroundings were lovely and the staff were outstanding.One staff member in particular who was our waitress Stephanie was so lovely, perfect personality, fantastic sense of humour and just a lovely girl. she really made my lunch memorable. If you get the chance to have a meal here then you must .... you won't be disappointed. Perfect for that special occasion.
Helen. Barnsley

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Linda G, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Helen H

I was pleased to read that the Cedar Court made your Mothers Day special and I have passed your comments onto the chef and the staff it is always nice when we receive compliments from our guests and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Regards

Linda

Reviewed 12 March 2013

we were on a reunion weekend three coaches full. when we arrived we were quickly given our keycards ,told where our room was and our luggage was soon delivered to our room. The room was modern and very clean, also the bed very comfortable. Even though there was over a hundred of us the meals were very good and served with precision.The entertainment was also good and the drinks not too expensive.The breakfast was ok but service (tea cleariing plates etc) not very good..The stop overall was very good

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank brian s

Dear Brishaw

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us I was pleased to read that your room met with your expectations and that you enjoyed the meal and service provided. I was sorry to read that the clearing of breakfast crockery was not up to our usual standard, although the stop overall was very good I do hope that you can visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stay here quite often on business and ask for this hotel when I'm in the area. I like it because the staff are friendly and helpful and the gym and pool is good. It is a bit dated in places and the food can be variable (I've had some great meals and some truly terrible ones here!) so I wouldn't choose to have a special meal here, but the rooms are quiet and fairly spacious and it's very easy to get to from the motorway, so I usually enjoy my stay here.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Booked the Disco inferno dinner dance and stopover last weekend. Went with the wife and friends and had a very enjoyable 2 night stay. Rooms were a fine size with a big comfy bed. Shower and bath in a nice clean bathroom. Near the motorway but no issue with any noise. reakfast was buffet style and very plentifull. I am a diagnosed coeliac and was advised what i could and could not eat. Plenty options. The dinner dance on the Saturday night was a good laugh and again the dinner was explained to me so i would have no concerns about my dietry needs. Only dissapointment was that i was told when i booked that people going to these nights like to go in fancy dress. We duly dressed up to find that we were more or less the only ones to have bothered. Our wives felt a little out of place but after a few beveridges soon got into the party mood. Staff were very courtious and helpfull, special mention to young Daniel who couldnt do enough. Didnt use the spa facilities but had a look around and like what i saw.Would use if i ever go back, which could be a possibility in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Nice hotel with decent reastaurant and good leaisure facilities.Rooms are nice a little dated but stayed in far worse and nothing to worry about. Good food in restaurant, hotel is busy which i always think is a good sign.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business