Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
US$50
US$42
HIExpress.com
1,524 results
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealleisure facilitiesset menuleisure clubtea coffeeweekend breakfood was lovelystayed for one nightan overnight stayplenty of parkingexcellent value for moneygood nights sleepthe yorkshire sculpture parkfull englishgymwakefield
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Bought the groupon deal for a two nights stay with breakfast and dinner one night. The bedroom we were given had wallpaper peeling off at the bottom, substances splashed up the wall, the most creaky beds, could hear most things in the room next to us not to mention all the slamming doors starting at 6am. There was a large spiders web in the corner of the bedroom and endless amount of dust on the fan in the bathroom. Room was massively dated and hair dryer useless.

The staff were nice and friendly and meals in the restaurant were great.

Wasn't overly impressed with the spa facilities.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WakefieldGM, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Emma379
Thank you for your feedback.
We continue with our refurbishment programme, and with all of our ground floor public area, 50% of our beedrooms complete and the commencement of work on our meeting rooms we will do further work on 24 bedrooms later this year.
Cleanliness should be a given and we will address this accoridngly.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at the Cedar Court Hotel recently whilst on business in Wakefield. It was good value for money with helpful, efficient staff and a competent restaurant.
Slightly noisy due to the proximity of the motorway, but probably the price you pay for a convenient location.
The room I had was fine; whilst it was traditionally furnished the fixtures were of reasonable quality for a hotel in this price range. The bathroom ceiling was a little low, which meant I had to crouch slightly to get under the shower, but it isn't a problem for guests under 6 foot.
The dinner in the restaurant wasn't superb, but it was better than you'd expect for cost.
In summary, a very decent hotel for the price. I wish every hotel I stayed in was of the same cost and quality.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the hotel, away from the motorway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WakefieldGM, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Away_On_Business57
Thank you for your kind feedback.
As a businessman who travels and stays in hotels frquently your feedback is indeed valuable and appreciated.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at Cedar Court in Wakefield in mid June. We booked the leisure break and added our daughter to the room (at no extra cost). We paid £129 for a Superior room which included 2 nights B&B, one night dinner and a bottle of wine!

To be honest before booking I checked the reviews here and thought it would be loud (lots of parties mentioned) and a little dated. I thought for the price there just had to be a ‘but’! I was so pleasantly surprised. Having read the reviews I asked for a room a distance away from the function rooms upon booking, the staff we so very obliging and friendly and we slept soundly and heard nothing of the parties there when we stayed (which I was told went on until 3am)!

Our room was very modern, very comfortable and very well appointed. The food was fantastic with a great selection at breakfast. When we stayed they had 2 wedding parties so it was very busy for breakfast in the morning, the staff were busy but still smiling, helpful and nothing at the buffet ran out. We were really amazed at the quality and service particularly given the pressure they were under, the quality didn't suffer at all, we were really impressed.

We also used the pool which was lovely.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the supplement costs on the dinner menu which I expected to be free. However, I have no reason to complain, there were ample choices that were included and free, I just fancied steak so paid a little extra! Definitely understandable and no complaint.

I was really happy with our stay, we would stay there again and I will recommend it to others. Thank you to the staff that looked after us and were so very lovely to my daughter. We had a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from function areas.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline F
WakefieldGM, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Caroline F
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback to the wider TA audience.
Your first post, positive and constructive.
As an operator this is the best feedback we can have.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Beyond the very tired and outdated rooms (which I reckon people were calling outdated back in 1984)... The biggest issue is the heat. I'm sure it's fine in the winter, but with the warmer months and complete lack of air con the heat is unbearable!
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the location is ok right next to the M1.
If you don't like old rooms, rubbish room service menus or very hot rooms then this isn't for you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WakefieldGM, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Adam D
Thank you for the constructive feedback.
Not sure if you brought your concerns to our attention whilst with us, but we would have been happy to help. A number of our superior rooms are airconditioned, and I am sure the team would have offered this if you had mentioned it.
Maybe we will see you again in the winter.
Kind rgeards

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We recently went to the cedar court hotel for my birthday treat. We got amazing service at the reception desk who welcomed us and explained everything we needed to know, we asked where we could get ice from and she said she would send someone along in due course to the room with it which she did. Upon arrival at our room we were pleased at how clean and well decorated the room was. Very comfortable beds and crisp white linen. Health club was easy accessible with changing facilities available where also really clean with lockers there to keep belongings safe. Pool was well maintained and really delightful to use. Unfortunately steam room was out of use and jacuzzi also was broke and not working this was through no fault of the staff however was a little disappointing as were really looking forward to using these facilities to chill for my birthday. Bar and restaurant staff were all really friendly on the evening and gave us great hospitality. Food was amazing!! Meal really enjoyed and jugs of water with ice available on request. Great nights sleep no noise in room so peaceful. Breakfast was really good on morning with a fantastic selection. Thank you for a wonderful stay and hope to visit again soon with hopefully with fully working spa facilities x x

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joanne T
Belated Birthday greetings!
Great to hear you had a fantastic time.
Dont wait another year to return.