Dunadry Hotel
US$117
US$113
Rosspark Hotel(Ballymena)
US$121
All reviewswedding receptionleisure centrelovely groundsfamily weddingsunday carverycourse mealtea coffeean overnight staycooked to perfectionfood was lovelystayed here for one nightsalmonfamily rooma lovely staybistrobelfastvenue
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Another great occasion at the Dunadry. Great company, food and excellent staff. well done to everyone. Everyone concerned know how to make you feel important, and special. Only complaint no Carlsberg but Certainly will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had two rooms one for single use and another for two. They were both huge rooms, with kingsize beds, toiletries provided, and tea and coffee tray. The breakfast was also good, with plenty fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, full irish cooked breakfast , toast, pastries , fruit juice, tea and coffee. The rooms were probably in need of redecoration, but were clean and comfortable, having table and chairs, and plenty wardrobe space. The hotel is lovely , old style, and lovely grounds. The staff were all very friendly, and helpfull.
We attended a wedding on the 2nd, and the dining area was done beautifully with a lovely balcony table for the bridal party. The meal was lovely ,with generous portions for all courses.
We had a lovely time at the Dunadry Hotel, and would recommend it for a holiday. We did not use the liesure centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank perthmary
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I only spent one night here but I have to say I wish I hadn't done even that. You might ask why I even bothered to give it 2 stars on the rating scale - and if I'm honest I'm wondering that myself. But I've given them this rating only because of the polite staff. The bar was very nice and the decor in the bar was as well. I didn't visit the restaurant since you can order from the restaurant menu in the bar - and I have to say my meal was perfectly fine. Nothing spectacular mind you - just a Caesar salad and some chips - but I was pleased to see they didn't get it wrong.

Now - my room on the other hand was tragic. I had an executive room (at least I think I did) and whilst it was larger than most and more than it needed to be - it was very Spartan. No mini-bar (fridge) sadly. A stand with the TV on it and a tray of tea/coffee/kettle inside it. A dining table, desk, chair and bed. I had a king size bed and when I saw it I was excited at the prospect of a lovely big bed, however I didn't sleep a wink all night because there were so many stray springs stabbing me all over!! No matter which way I tried to position myself there was no saving grace and I was attacked by the mattress at every turn.

Now - in fairness to the staff - I did mention this in the morning and I was told by the lovely desk receptionist that she was very pleased that I had told her because very few people do. The key will be to see if they now do anything about it (Room 107 - by the way - just in case the hotel staff are reading this).

Don't get me started on the breakfast. I decided to have breakfast in my room as I had work to do early in the morning anyway. I ordered eggs (boiled 4.5 min) but they may as well have been raw. The tea was like tar - completely undrinkable. I was so put off by it all I actually just left the rest and didn't even bother.

Then we have the outside!! Oh where to begin with the flora and fauna!! I'm not normally a violent person but I would've taken a shotgun to the tree outside my room if I could. I'm all for mother nature and not disturbing the status quo - but when you have a tree on your land which is 10 feet from your guest rooms and houses what sounded like 100 crows cawing all at the same time - you might want to get that sorted!! I couldn't believe that they were going well into the evening (approximately 22:00) and started up again at about 04:30!! I wanted to kill myself. The last thing I needed with a bad nights sleep was to be rudely awakened by crows rattling around in my brain.

The building itself is really pretty and the bar area has some lovely decor - but the rest of the hotel is in need of some serious TLC - and fast. They really need to look at these reviews and take note of all the complaints people have made to sort them out.

One thing I will say in its favour though - it has plug points on either side of the bed which is a huge bonus and lacking in many other hotels. This way you can at least plug your phone in and not have it half way across the room.

I don't plan on visiting this hotel again any time in the near future unless I can see that it's been renovated. Sadly - it needs serious attention and for £75 I don't think it's worth the effort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kookie72
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Dunadry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Kookie72,
Naturally, we are very dissappointed to read your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dunadry. We take all feedback very seriously and I am very sorry that your night at the Hotel was far below our standard. The Hotel has an ongoing refurbishment programme which commenced last year, addressing issues such as decor, soft furnishings and lighting - this will be extended to the executive rooms in the Autumn. The Dunadry is a very popular hotel for business and leisure travellers and there is a contstant need to make sure that mattresses and beds are comfortable. Thank you for bringing this to our attention - the matter will be dealt with today, I can assure you.
If you would like to return to the hotel when next in the area, please email us directly to info@dunadry.com or call me on 028 9443 4343 so that I can personally make your arrangements.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I look forward to hearing from you,
Helen

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for one night as part of a wedding party - it was like stepping back in time. My room had a double bed and three singles -
Resembling a hostel dormitory as opposed to a hotel room. The duvet on the bed was horrible. A big old heavy blanket with a duvet cover over it and Old pillows. Luckily the residents bar allowed us to stay downstairs until 5am so I didn't have to endure the room surroundings.
The food at the wedding was plain and mass produced - disappointing to say the least but set the standard.
Breakfast the next day was nothing short of disgusting. I think it was fried soda and fried potato bread mixed in a metal tray. It just tasted of burnt grease. Granted I didn't go to breakfast until 10:15 (15 mins before breakfast close) but there were no eggs left and only 3 slices of bacon. The "choice" of bread consisted of brown or white.
This is most definitely not a four star hotel compared to standards of other hotels I've stayed in. Three stars at a push.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked last minute for a night away without children great value 1night bb and dinner but when I read reviews was very nervous. Hotel was clean and homely room was very small but clean and was quiet. Meal was lovely and wine was included, spent the evening in the bar which had a band playing traditional music. Breakfast was buffet style but good variety and quality would return if we had a bigger room.

• Stayed: May 2014