“celebration”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunadry
Belfast, United Kingdom
“celebration”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Thank you for making my birthday so very special. Even though the hotel was packed for Father's Day the staff made me feel like royalty there was even a cake with candles and the whole room sang to me. Excellent carvery with lots of choice. Compliments to the chef and serving staff. It really was a birthday to remember. Thank you Dunadry.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went with a few family members for lunch. Food was lovely. Service was good, however felt as soon as you put you knife and fork down staff where straight over to take the plate, surely it would be better to wait until the whole table finished.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Didn't stay here but came in with my family for tea and sandwiches. Everything was fine and service good but no personality with the waiting staff. We felt as if we were inconveniencing them? Would not be keen to come back here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Dunadry hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night and was rather worried after reading reviews. Hotel grounds, bar and restaurant are all lovely and really nice to relax in.

We stayed in an executive room. Not an executive room at all, things missing that make the difference. No valance on the bed so you see dirty mattress, old switches for lights, lights that didn't work, ripped dirty carpet, I didn't take shoes off unless I was getting into bed or showering. The bathroom was even more dated than the room, very old shower, something from the 80's, empty toilet roll on the holder. Not 4 star quality at all.

The restaurant was very nice, good food and assertive staff.

The hotel could be an amazing place to stay if they sorted the rooms out.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sally T
Belfast
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Another great occasion at the Dunadry. Great company, food and excellent staff. well done to everyone. Everyone concerned know how to make you feel important, and special. Only complaint no Carlsberg but Certainly will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
perth
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had two rooms one for single use and another for two. They were both huge rooms, with kingsize beds, toiletries provided, and tea and coffee tray. The breakfast was also good, with plenty fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, full irish cooked breakfast , toast, pastries , fruit juice, tea and coffee. The rooms were probably in need of redecoration, but were clean and comfortable, having table and chairs, and plenty wardrobe space. The hotel is lovely , old style, and lovely grounds. The staff were all very friendly, and helpfull.
We attended a wedding on the 2nd, and the dining area was done beautifully with a lovely balcony table for the bridal party. The meal was lovely ,with generous portions for all courses.
We had a lovely time at the Dunadry Hotel, and would recommend it for a holiday. We did not use the liesure centre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank perthmary
London
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I only spent one night here but I have to say I wish I hadn't done even that. You might ask why I even bothered to give it 2 stars on the rating scale - and if I'm honest I'm wondering that myself. But I've given them this rating only because of the polite staff. The bar was very nice and the decor in the bar was as well. I didn't visit the restaurant since you can order from the restaurant menu in the bar - and I have to say my meal was perfectly fine. Nothing spectacular mind you - just a Caesar salad and some chips - but I was pleased to see they didn't get it wrong.

Now - my room on the other hand was tragic. I had an executive room (at least I think I did) and whilst it was larger than most and more than it needed to be - it was very Spartan. No mini-bar (fridge) sadly. A stand with the TV on it and a tray of tea/coffee/kettle inside it. A dining table, desk, chair and bed. I had a king size bed and when I saw it I was excited at the prospect of a lovely big bed, however I didn't sleep a wink all night because there were so many stray springs stabbing me all over!! No matter which way I tried to position myself there was no saving grace and I was attacked by the mattress at every turn.

Now - in fairness to the staff - I did mention this in the morning and I was told by the lovely desk receptionist that she was very pleased that I had told her because very few people do. The key will be to see if they now do anything about it (Room 107 - by the way - just in case the hotel staff are reading this).

Don't get me started on the breakfast. I decided to have breakfast in my room as I had work to do early in the morning anyway. I ordered eggs (boiled 4.5 min) but they may as well have been raw. The tea was like tar - completely undrinkable. I was so put off by it all I actually just left the rest and didn't even bother.

Then we have the outside!! Oh where to begin with the flora and fauna!! I'm not normally a violent person but I would've taken a shotgun to the tree outside my room if I could. I'm all for mother nature and not disturbing the status quo - but when you have a tree on your land which is 10 feet from your guest rooms and houses what sounded like 100 crows cawing all at the same time - you might want to get that sorted!! I couldn't believe that they were going well into the evening (approximately 22:00) and started up again at about 04:30!! I wanted to kill myself. The last thing I needed with a bad nights sleep was to be rudely awakened by crows rattling around in my brain.

The building itself is really pretty and the bar area has some lovely decor - but the rest of the hotel is in need of some serious TLC - and fast. They really need to look at these reviews and take note of all the complaints people have made to sort them out.

One thing I will say in its favour though - it has plug points on either side of the bed which is a huge bonus and lacking in many other hotels. This way you can at least plug your phone in and not have it half way across the room.

I don't plan on visiting this hotel again any time in the near future unless I can see that it's been renovated. Sadly - it needs serious attention and for £75 I don't think it's worth the effort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kookie72
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Dunadry Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Kookie72,
Naturally, we are very dissappointed to read your comments regarding your recent stay at the Dunadry. We take all feedback very seriously and I am very sorry that your night at the Hotel was far below our standard. The Hotel has an ongoing refurbishment programme which commenced last year, addressing issues such as decor, soft furnishings and lighting - this will be extended to the executive rooms in the Autumn. The Dunadry is a very popular hotel for business and leisure travellers and there is a contstant need to make sure that mattresses and beds are comfortable. Thank you for bringing this to our attention - the matter will be dealt with today, I can assure you.
If you would like to return to the hotel when next in the area, please email us directly to info@dunadry.com or call me on 028 9443 4343 so that I can personally make your arrangements.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I look forward to hearing from you,
Helen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunadry
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Ballyrobin Country Lodge
#1 of 1 in Aldergrove
Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1

Been to Dunadry Hotel? Share your experiences!