Dunadry Hotel
US$114
TripAdvisor
Rosspark Hotel(Ballymena)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding receptionleisure centrelovely groundsfamily weddingsunday carverycourse mealtea coffeean overnight staycooked to perfectionfood was lovelystayed here for one nightsalmonfamily rooma lovely staybistrobelfastvenue
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I attended a wedding at this hotel in June 2014. Before I point out my small niggle with the day I must first say that the meal, particularly the chicken stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, was excellent. The are outside is beautiful and the room was in good nick.

Now I was a plus one at this wedding but this even annoyed, almost angered me. Before the meal, when the bridal party, the groomsmen, then the newlyweds themselves are brought into the room, we expect a grand introduction.

We didn't get that.
It seemed unprepared, lazy and just disappointing all round.

Thankfully this is easily fixed and I hope Dunadry Hotel takes note because this was the only flaw in an otherwise excellent night.

Ps. Ciaran behind the bar is a great lad. Give that man a raise.

dvburns93 out!

*Drops mic*

Room Tip: Room 103. Party Room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dvburns93
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Thank you for making my birthday so very special. Even though the hotel was packed for Father's Day the staff made me feel like royalty there was even a cake with candles and the whole room sang to me. Excellent carvery with lots of choice. Compliments to the chef and serving staff. It really was a birthday to remember. Thank you Dunadry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went with a few family members for lunch. Food was lovely. Service was good, however felt as soon as you put you knife and fork down staff where straight over to take the plate, surely it would be better to wait until the whole table finished.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Didn't stay here but came in with my family for tea and sandwiches. Everything was fine and service good but no personality with the waiting staff. We felt as if we were inconveniencing them? Would not be keen to come back here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night and was rather worried after reading reviews. Hotel grounds, bar and restaurant are all lovely and really nice to relax in.

We stayed in an executive room. Not an executive room at all, things missing that make the difference. No valance on the bed so you see dirty mattress, old switches for lights, lights that didn't work, ripped dirty carpet, I didn't take shoes off unless I was getting into bed or showering. The bathroom was even more dated than the room, very old shower, something from the 80's, empty toilet roll on the holder. Not 4 star quality at all.

The restaurant was very nice, good food and assertive staff.

The hotel could be an amazing place to stay if they sorted the rooms out.

Stayed: June 2014