Dunadry Hotel
Chimney Corner Hotel(Newtownabbey)
Corrs Corner Hotel(Newtownabbey)
Rosspark Hotel(Ballymena)
View Hotel
All reviewswedding receptionleisure centrelovely groundsfamily weddingsunday carverycourse mealtea coffeean overnight staycooked to perfectionfood was lovelystayed here for one nightsalmonfamily rooma lovely staybistrobelfastvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I was here yesterday for my good friend's wedding.
The venue was perfect (shame about the drizzly rain but nothing we could do).
When we arrived, we tried to check in but were too early, of course, so we left our stuff in the luggage room until after the ceremony which was fine.
We sort of milled about as more guests arrived and sat out in the courtyard for air.
The outside seating courtyard is lovely with a fountain and plenty of tables. In the garden, is a massive tree later to be used for the wedding photos.
Soon enough, we were called in to the ceremony room by the compére (hotel manager) who was lovely and great with the kids.
The room was beautifully decorated with cream seats with bows, lights, tealights, candles, lanterns and had a pianist playing soft music. The cream (red) carpet suited the theme perfectly.
Later on, we were called into another part of the room for our meal and the compére introduced the bride & groom. The service was great, staff very attentive and the food was delicious. There was a set menu with vegetable soup & bread rolls for starters, champagne and mint sorbet after, turkey dinner for main with all the vegetables, profiteroles with chocolate sauce for dessert and the wedding cake was made of cupcakes.
The bar staff were friendly, attentive and kept us well-watered into the early hours.
Our breakfast the next day which was buffet style was plentiful and delicious. There was too much on offer to mention and we sat in the dining room with a lovely view of the river.
My friends & I were staying in rooms 107 and 110. The price for staying here was so reasonable considering you get bed & breakfast. Room 107 (mine) opened up onto the courtyard and in the humid heat, the air was very welcoming.
Our spacious & spotless room had a king sized bed, a widescreen tv, alarm clock and ipod speaker, tea & coffee facilities and a massive bathroom.

I really enjoyed staying here and would definitely stay again. Thanks for making my friend's wedding day a memorable one in a good way :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We held our daughter's wedding at Dunadry on Midsummer's Day which was a most memorable experience. From the very beginning of our planning stage John Mooney could not have been more helpful.
Nothing was too much trouble!
The bridal party and a few family and friends arrived on time for the Carvery on Sunday, where we enjoyed an extensive buffet... then the preparations began for the Wedding the following day! We had the run of the hotel and the Management and staff were attentive, willing to help and very pleasant, making our overall experience a delight! On the wedding day itself, again the staff did everything to make our daughter's day special, paying attention to every detail. The sun was shining early in the morning which was key to the whole event, as a Garden Party with Lawn Games had been planned months ahead.
The service was in the River Room in the Hotel, followed by a drinks reception with tea, coffee and shortbread. An icecream cart and drinks fountain kept the 37 children happy... whilst the adults enjoyed music and chat with family and friends. Dinner in the Ballroom was a culinary delight - again the staff were efficient, helpful and pleasant. The surprise entertainment for guests with music by Megan Mooney and friend was outstanding! Overall the Bride and Groom had an enjoyable day, all thanks to Dunadry and their hard work giving attention to detail. Certainly this venue is worth considering for any special event, offering service & value for money. Thank you Mr Mooney for making our Special Day such a wonderful experience. Joyce McCullough - Orrs Travel

Room Tip: Request Garden View Room
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Called here for Sunday Lunch on our way home after a weekend away.

The staff were uninterested when we first arrived at explaining weather a carvery or a set menu lunch was available. Upon looking into a large room that had people in it we could see what appeared to be a carvery set up that was extremely busy. We had a toddler and some older relatives with us so we opted for the Sunday set menu.

We were given vague directions to a dining room by the receptionist and we proceeded to walk there. The dining room had a few tables with people at them but no staff to be seen. We waited and waited. Then my husband went back to the receptionist to ask for someone to seat us.

Eventually someone seated us at a four person table (even though there were 5 of us and larger tables available) No apology was made about the wait.

However our order for food was taken promptly but while waiting we overheard the table behind asking where their main course was as they had been waiting. No apology to them either simply "Loads of people are off today"

The food when it eventually arrived had been sitting under a heat lamp for a considerable length of time as the gravy had dried into the plate. We had to send the plate for the toddler back as it was too hot for a child to be near.

The food was average and for the duration of our meal no one asked would we like drinks, my husband had to go and seek these out again separately.

This was a terrible experience and one that will not be repeated. I did not complain on the day (I doubt there would have been anyone around to listen to my complaint) as this was somewhere my relatives had wanted to re visit after having an enjoyable experience here a few years ago. Things have clearly gone downhill.

5  Thank juliebeans123
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I attended a wedding at this hotel in June 2014. Before I point out my small niggle with the day I must first say that the meal, particularly the chicken stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, was excellent. The are outside is beautiful and the room was in good nick.

Now I was a plus one at this wedding but this even annoyed, almost angered me. Before the meal, when the bridal party, the groomsmen, then the newlyweds themselves are brought into the room, we expect a grand introduction.

We didn't get that.
It seemed unprepared, lazy and just disappointing all round.

Thankfully this is easily fixed and I hope Dunadry Hotel takes note because this was the only flaw in an otherwise excellent night.

Ps. Ciaran behind the bar is a great lad. Give that man a raise.

dvburns93 out!

*Drops mic*

Room Tip: Room 103. Party Room
3  Thank dvburns93
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Thank you for making my birthday so very special. Even though the hotel was packed for Father's Day the staff made me feel like royalty there was even a cake with candles and the whole room sang to me. Excellent carvery with lots of choice. Compliments to the chef and serving staff. It really was a birthday to remember. Thank you Dunadry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple