“Rooms dated and dirty. Fawlty Towers.”
Review of Dunadry Hotel

Dunadry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunadry
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We recently booked and stayed in a double room. To say it was dated would be fair. But it was the mould growing in the bathroom in nearly every crevice that really was too much for a 4* hotel. Disgusting. The bed too was past it's best. Breakfast was also a shambles with myself and other guests having to constantly inform the staff that certain items were running out/missing!! After asking 3 times for bacon, giving up on the dried out soda bread I decided not to bother to even ask if there was ketchup!!! Also it's the only hotel where after I have been given my coffee I have had to request some mil for it. I also decided to just stir it with my cereal spoon as tea spoons seemed to be obsolete. Shame as the grounds and ball room are fab. I won't be back.

2  Thank Kaj101

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked the Dunadry Hotel for our daughter's wedding reception in June. The banqueting staff were very friendly and helpful. They were able to suggest menu options and were also very accommodating for all which we wished to do to personalise the day. A big plus for us was only one wedding per day!
The large ball room was beautifully decorated and though we had a large wedding all the tables were perfectly placed and we had lots of room to mingle, both in the entrance area and in the conservatory and patio area.
The meal was delicious and served in a very professional manner. The chef Definitely put on an excellent meal and catered for six special diets!
We enjoyed the uniqueness of the hotel and the personal service. It is an old hotel and has so much character, a beautiful staircase being one of its features.
A lot of our guests stayed over and while the rooms are a bit dated, they were very comfortable. Perhaps the decor of bedrooms is one area that could be improved on, but there is a programme in hand with a new ballroom floor and new drapes in the ballroom.
The grounds are beautiful for photographs, and lots of special areas for photo-shots.
All in all we had a great day, so thanks to the staff at Dunadry!

Room Tip: This hotel is in a country area and a good base for travelling from. It is a beautiful venue for a w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had booked three double rooms for myself and 6 others all rooms where very spacious and one room had 3 singles aswell as a double all rooms had access to the gardens which we all found very handy. All staff were very helpful including the owner as they couldn't have done enough for any of the guests that were with me.
I would recommend the hotel to anybody looking a short break or relaxing weekend as the spa and gym facilities make this hotel a great choice.

1  Thank sim0mills
Reviewed 14 July 2014

our billy booked dis weekend for me and tha woman on his camputer. cost me a packet for a taxi from belfast like cause she wouldnt get da bus up.
ni i was at bar most of the time so ended up blocked lol. but she says room was dirty so she did. for i cant remember this but she isnt a lier like, but she wasnt a happy bunny for some reason. i missed la breakfast too, but when she came up she said it wasnt nice and for me nat to go down for any so i didant.
I dont see wat all the fuss is wif hotels anyway, cause we could stayed in deekys flat for naffin cause hes inside at a minute, and wuda saved me a few bob and her goin on in my ear cause she didant like it. UTH

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank janty s
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I visited this property for lunch as an alternative to another hotel in Belfast owned by the same company.

I was disapppointed.

On the hotel's website lunch is advertised as £18.50, whereas I was actually charged £19.50.

The carvery is in the hotel's ballroom and has the feel of a put together operation. To be fair, it seems quite popular as there 30-40 persons there whilst I was eating.

The starter selection was poor, not trays provided to take your main, only a paper napkin. Vegetables were restricted to carrots and cabbage with mash. Roast potatoes were not offered.

All in all I disappointing visit and I'll certainly not be recommending the rest of the regular family diners take the drive out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

stayed at the Dunadry Hotel, Templepatrick for the 3rd time, had a lovely relaxing afternoon at the spa followed by a wonderful meal in the restaurant then onto a great nights entertainment by the resident singer but the night was made more special when a couple of Italian visitors took to the dance floor and demonstrated their dancing skills. Can't wait for our 4th visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had booked for 2 nights but only stayed for 2 hours, room was disgusting, there was stains on bed sheets and quilt!! Doors where black but were suppose to be white with dirt. There was also dried in pee on toilet seat. Went down for something to eat the chicken coujons and chicken wings were burnt to the crisp it was a absolute disgrace!! So my advise is not to waste your money on this hotel like I have!!

2  Thank Johnboymc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunadry
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Templepatrick
Corrs Corner Hotel
Corrs Corner Hotel
#1 of 3 in Newtownabbey

Been to Dunadry Hotel? Share your experiences!