I only gave the room 4 because we had a few problems with our electricity card and our balcony doors locking, but both were fixed upon reporting the problems to the staff. Other wise the flat was excellent. We were in room 31B which was a corner flat so was smaller than some of the others but had a balcony overlooking the upstairs pool an an amazing view of Turkey. The rooms were simple but had everything in that we needed, including daily towels an sheet changes. It also had plates, cups, cutlery, pands ect, in the kitchen. The hotel was a very short walking distance to everything, theres is a small supermarket next to the reception area and a very nice bakery (Definatly worth a visit!) a min walk along the see front, with the pebbley beach just over the road from reception (a 10 second walk at most from the front doors). Most of the restraunts, the castle, the plane tree, the ruins, the harbour, the marina, the nightlife and the old town (shopping, the museum, and cafes, bars, restraunts) are about a 10/15 min walk away. The airport was roughly half an hour away on the coach. The restored roman house, the roman odeon, and the western archialogical site were about a 20 min walk from the hotel. The askelipion is 4km outside of kos town and can be visitied by using the green train (traveks in the road) which leaves from the sea front. There is also a red train which does a city tour. If you walk along the sea from the the right (from the hotel) you will end up in Psaldi (you have to walk past the marina and you will hit a few restraunts, one which is called spitaki this is when your definaly there) and if you go to the left and you follow the harbour round the the other side (opposite the castle) you will end up on a street full of resturants which is the lambi restruant area and if you carry on walking down you will end up on lambi beach which is the sandy beach, it gets nicer the futher you walk. I think we got to psaldi after walking for about 20 mins or so and lambi is a few min walk from the harbour. Would recommend the 3 island tour (we went on the kalypso boat) and the day trip to Bodrum, Turkey (we used the maria star boat) both of which only cost 20 euros. I woild completly recomend this hotel an Kos town for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- smartline Philippion is a small and charming hotel. The hotel is perfect for couples and families who want to stay close to the beach without having to lose the proximity to nightlife and numerous entertainment opportunities in the city. There are two restaurants and two bars at the hotel, and numerous taverns, restaurants and cafés nearby. For those who just want to relax under the sun, the hotel offers a nice pool area. smartline Philippion houses 99 modern and comfortable rooms and apartments distributed over 4 floors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, LoveHolidays, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your smartline Philippion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philippion Hotel Kos Town
- Smartline Philippion Kos/Kos Town