“2nd time here and will be going back”
Review of Denise Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kos Town
Denise Apartments
Ranked #1 of 15 Kos Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The family who own and run this apartment/studio complex made me feel very welcome 5 1/2 years ago and again on this latest visit.
Nothing is too much trouble..if they don't have what you want (food/drink) they will endeavour to get it for you. They did'nt have the Greek wine that I particularly like on the first night, but typical of Maria and Nicos, they made sure that they stocked enough for the rest of my stay.
The studio was spacious and spotless, front and rear balconies, both with table and chairs. We had asked for rooms on the first floor and a bit away from the bar area, although I was there late most nights myself. The only noise that disturbed my sleep was a cockerel that could'nt tell the blasted time!! The girls who clean the rooms are very thorough.
Yes it is a long walk into town but you can hire a pushbike from Maria/Nicos or the bus stops at the end of the road and they are frequent. There is a good bus service on the island. Car hire booked through Maria is also very competitively priced.
When we left it was like saying goodbye to extended family...I am going back on my own...I won't feel lonely as there is always a warm welcome at the Denise Apartments.
See you all next year....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank 19shirley57

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Had a great time at the Denise Appartments. Very friendly staff behind the bar, gardeners and cleaners. Stayed therte with my partner and our two children (3 and 5). We got fruit from the trees in the gardens given to us regularly by the gardener and they loved the kids, as most greek families do. The appartments were nice, lots of room. Agree that the facilities were basic, but you are not going to get a cooker in any 3star appartments in greece. Also agree that appartments were out in the sticks a bit...10 mins walk to a taverna, 20 mins to a supermarket and longer to Kos Town (never went). But that does not matter, as the food at the pool bar was great, much better than the local taverna. great for kids, pool as lovely, felt very safe. clean and everyone we met said they would go back...just as we said we would!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nick_billy70
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We have just returned from a week at Denise apts, It was our 2nd visit there, we went last Sept and had such a lovely time we decided to visit again. These apartments are spotless the grounds are very well kept and the family that own the apartments are really happy and helpful, they remembered us from last year and were really pleased we had returned. The apts are basic but very very clean as is the pool and bar area. If you dont want to go out to eat they serve very nice and reasonably priced tasty food, nothing is too much trouble for these people, We got to make some new friends whilst we were there, Nikos the owner tries very hard to get his guests to mix and join in with the fun. The apts are only around 10mins bus ride from Kos Town and the bus stops at the bottom of the road and runs around every 15mins. Psalidi may not have the best beach on the island but other beaches are easily reach by the bus. We will be going back again next year as will some of the other guests we met there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Unfriendly staff spoiled the bar area and lovely pool. The beds (poorly sprung and aged) spoiled the large well equipped and clean as a whistle rooms The Denise apartments are a good 25 min walk from Kos town and there is nothing else to do nearby. We ended up moving to mastakari and then kalymnos in order to escape from the beer and karaoke atmosphere of Denise.

A last minute deal made this bearable. I would have been very upset if I had paid full price

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Bazzanja
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We are a VERY laid back couple but this holiday was unfortunately the worst I have been on.
The hotel reviews said it was only a short walk from Kos town whereas after taking a walk on the first night, 45 minutes later we FINALLY arrived.
The rooms were very spacious but dated. Had a hot plate which we weren't really expecting and the maids were very good and cleaned regularly. However, rooms were very basic.
Pool was small but satisfied ones needs I suppose. The staff we didn't get on well with at all and I don't know why. People will read this and think we are snobbish hard nosed people but this is completely untrue. I especially am a very laid back person who gets on really well with everyone, but there was a definite feeling of hostility at this hotel. Anyway, if you are looking for a cheap holiday don't book here. At the hotel I suppose you get what you pay for but Kos itself is horrendously overpriced. Even with the exchange rate of £ to € being poor, meals were very expensive for the average food you got. We tried different restaurants each night and none I would have returned to. If you're planning on getting around DEFINITELY get a bike. Everywhere is just so far from this hotel! There is no decent beach nearby either. The only thing about this holiday I would recommend is the water park. That was maybe the best water park I have been to in a while, small but fantastically clean and not too busy.
Overall, its not the hotel that was really bad, it was Kos town. Anyone thinking of visiting the island I would advise you head to kardamena and take a lot of spending money with you!!

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Chadsick
Reviewed 28 October 2010

stayed at these apartments august 2010 the room we had was excellent it was ground floor and as far away from the pool/bar as you could get so very quiet, it also had a balcony area both at the front and back which was great, you could sit out in the sun for breakfast and then later in the day eat your lunch in the shade at the back, the room was cleaned every day, and everything and more you would expect

the pool area is smallish and we did struggle a couple of times to get a sunbed but other than that the area is lovely with lots of palm trees for natural shade, the pool area and terrace are spotlessly clean, the garden areas are immaculate with a lovely man tending them everyday

we did hire bikes ( available at the apartments ) for about £4 per day each this is a great way to get about as there is a cycle lane all the way into Kos town ( about 2 miles) or there is a very regular bus service ( very busy at peak times) into Kos

we did eat lunch a couple of times at the pool bar and the food was very good but mainly we bought salad & cheese (and wine) from the local store on the main rd, a lot of people ate at the bar in the evening but we preferred to have a stroll out, there are 3 or 4 nice restaurants with-in walking distance (15mins) we loved Nestoras and went there about 4 times sitting outside right at the side of the sea watching the sunset over kos "lovely", we also ate at the stadium restaurant in kos town ( on the left about 1/4 mile before the main bus stop) very very classy if you want a special night out ( no more expensive just very classy )

all in all very nice, very clean and friendly apartments run by a lovely family who make you feel very very welcome its a little bit out of the way but that suited us fine.
I would recommend these apartments to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing holiday with the option if you want you have a wild night in kos town just 10mins away

Mr & Mrs Thomas

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bluemooner50057
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Very welcoming. Grounds very tidy and clean. Staff brilliant. Couldn't have been looked after better. Pity about the weather, but what to you expect at this time of year. Plenty of sunshine, and warm even in the thunderstorms.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple