“fabulous”

Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We just came back from a two week stay at Aqua Blu hotel which can only be described as "fantastic".
First of all the brand-new hotel has a great design with very stylish rooms and a fabulous pool area which offers a great sea view. It offers everything from standard rooms, to private pools and suites. The gym is small but well equipped and we can only recommend to use offers from the spa with it's highly motivated team.
The hotel staff was always very friendly and helpful. At any time they did their upmost to make our stay unforgettable.
Maria, the hotel manager, is doing a great job in getting the Aqua Blu up and running which has just opened up this year. Thank you for everything, we would love to come back to this place any time in the future.

2  Thank sibylle_Frankfurt

Reviewed 18 July 2012

The 7 days I spent at Aqua Blue Kos (with my girlfriend) were disappointing. I would not normally write a review, but this hotel fell way below expectations and I feel a sense of duty to warn others.

The disappointment mainly stems from unacceptable service across the board (barring the cleaning staff who kept the room tidy, although nothing spectacular).

Breakfast;

The breakfast buffet was unspectacular but acceptable.

What was unacceptable though was the poor service by the waiting team in the breakfast room. In particular the waiter in charge of taking orders for eggs was extremely inattentive. Every morning he took what seemed like an eternity to take our order, despite numerous attempts to get his attention. It almost felt as though he (or the restaurant team) were keen for you to fill up on the buffet rather than take any orders for the egg dishes.

I also got the impression that Oranges in Kos are in short supply, as each diner is only permitted one glass of orange juice (which the waiters serve half full). One morning I requested a refill on two separate occasions only for the waiter to never return. Another guest informed me that they were actually refused a refill, and that the OJ is served on a glass per person basis.

It was my last morning at the hotel that topped all of this off though. I turned up to the dining room at 9:45 to be told by one of the waiting staff that "they were full" and asked "could you come back in 10-15 minutes?". This request I found to be totally unacceptable, having paid for the B&B option I expected to be able to eat breakfast every morning at my discretion between the hours of 7:30-10:30 as instructed, but clearly my expectations are too high! It actually turned out that there were 3 empty tables scattered around the dining room (inside and out) that the waiter had failed to notice. We were eventually escorted to a table, only to be asked to move as the table was in fact already taken. Finally settled outside, we waited, and waited some more to be served. No cutlery, no glasses, and no pastry basket were delivered to our table for at least 10 minutes. When we eventually made it to the buffet there was practically nothing left; a selection of walnuts, rolls, ham and a small chunk of cheese remained. I had to take matters into my own hands and sought out the waiter in charge of taking orders for eggs more actively, stopping short of shouting for him from across the room. I also over heard another dinner complain that "this is the worst breakfast ever", telling the waiter that "this is completely unacceptable".

Bar;

The service in the bar also left a lot to be desired.

Not only did it take a lot of effort to get the waiters attention (despite being seated at the tables directly outside the bar more often than elsewhere), but it also took longer than acceptable for drinks and food to be prepared and delivered. On one such occasion I waited circa 15-20 minutes for drinks to be brought over (a bottle of water and a bottle of coke no less). In this instance instead of bringing the drinks over immediately the waiter decided it was more appropriate to deliver small courtesy fruit platters to everyone pool side (when I say platter I mean 4 small chunks/ slices of fruit).

the most peculiar note I would make on the Aqua Blue is the decision by waiting staff to scrawl in pen "Tip:" on the food and drink bills. Personally I found this to be very unprofessional and rather intrusive.

Be warned that the barman at the hotel is not the most capable mixologist. My girlfriend asked if it was possible to order a Mai Tai, after speaking with the barman the waitress assured her it was possible. When the drink eventually arrived there was little to no resemblance to a conventional Mai Tai; the use of the word little refers to the fact that the drink was served in a glass.

Reception;

I had very few dealings with reception. On one evening I did request a taxi. They normally take only a few minutes to arrive, but after 20 minutes I returned to the reception desk to enquire whether the taxi would be arriving soon only to be told that "now is the busiest time for taxi's", I wondered why I hadn't been told this at the time.

On a more positive note the hotel is very well presented. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and as previously mentioned well maintained by the cleaning staff. The pool area is comfortable and clean. The dining areas are all nicely presented in particular the outside dining areas. Although I spent little time in the Spa for what I am told it is also nicely presented.

3  Thank Kadir T
Reviewed 18 July 2012

new design hotel with nice facilities but some litte problems. just returned from one week stay and the staff hast some service problems in high season. breakfast is really terrible because everything on the small little buffet is always empty. you wait and fight for food. not very nice. cleanliness is rather on the average to poor level so dont expect the slh standards you know from asia. service could be improved.

Room Tip: all rooms nice, please be aware that the pool suite is on the lower level so no great view there
3  Thank trinebine
Maria S, Manager at Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review regarding your stay last July 2012 in Aqua Blu. It is true we had some issues regarding service last year as it was the first year of operation and we were trying hard to find the right way and people to improve our service and standards. Thankfully we managed to do so on time and with your kind feedback and observations we closed with a very successful first year after all. It would be great to have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future, so we could get the chance to make it up for any inconvenience on your first experience but mostly for you to realize that we have seriously considered your comments and constructive feedback.
Best Regards and warm wishes for a lovely summer!
Maria Strati, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We visited this hotel in June and had a fantastic time. Unfortunately my mother was taken ill so we only stayed 4 nights in a pool room. When we arrived we were welcomed by the Hotel manager Maria who does a brilliant job. The Hotel is new so Maria was there to support her team and make sure any teething problems were sorted. We both used the SPA and  had some fantastic treatments. We found all of the staff tentative, frendly and nothing was a problem including the chief who is only too pleased to cook your special request. We will defiantly return to finish our holiday.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Relaxing holidays in smooth atmosphere; new hotel in chicque architecture with very good food (Greek style). Spectacular view to bodrum (turkey). Comfortable rooms - helpful staff. Good for couples - for kids it might be boring.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Openned 2 months ago this hotel has a very chicque arcitecture. Simple plain nevertheless in high quality. Sunset is gorgeous from the hotel.
Since it is a new hotel , service should be improved.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Nursah
Reviewed 10 July 2012

new hotel, well designed . the rooms and the hotel facilities are great. the pool is very nice. the hotel is very quit and great for relax.ver nice spac (free) .the location is 20 minutes walking from the center of kos town, at the end of the landscape.no privet beach , but ver close to lambi beach.
recommended for couples who want relax and quit vacation.

1  Thank noamos
#1 of 48 in Kos Town
Kos Aktis Art Hotel
Kos Aktis Art Hotel
#8 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa? Share your experiences!