“Great location”
Review of Astron Hotel

Astron Hotel
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Great location, good staff who speak good english. Value for money is good and the views from the water front rooms are brilliant, however we couldnt have a double bed, we had twin beds as we were told they were very full when we got there. As we departed a few days later... the cleaning staff had a lot of room doors open and we noticed that all rooms were twins... we didn't see any doubles. This may have a lot to do with the high number of young drunk single norwegians that infest this town... or maybe just our bad luck. The hotel was clean, the rooms were big and well appointed. There is a laundry just around the corner if you want to clean some clothes and push bike rentals at the door.

Room Tip: Make sure you order and have confirmed...a double room as many are twin share.
There are newer reviews for Astron Hotel

Reviewed 31 July 2011

This Astron hotel is in a fantastic location, across the road from the harbour and in walking distance to beaches, the town, restaurants and bars.
Breakfast was good but wait staff couldn’t smile even if you paid them too.
That would be it for the good points of the hotel.
Employees on reception were not very helpful.
The room, even when asked for a non smoking room, stunk of cigaratte smoke and when you turned the airconditioner on it became worse. We asked why they had put us in a room that stunk of smoke when we specifically asked for a non smoking room, and they replied that they cannot stop people from smoking, even in non smoking rooms. We asked to be moved to another room and they told us they were fully booked. This I have to say made our stay in Kos very uncomfortable and very tiring as we couldn’t sleep at night, due to the noise outside as we had to leave our door open for our entire stay to air out the room.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a look at the room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Tiana72
Reviewed 20 July 2011

If you want a very nice spot, which can't be better, then stay in the Astron Hotel which is situated just accros the road from the beautiful harbour. Staff are friendly people, specially the bar lady who is working every day. The hotel is near everything, like shops,, restaurants, boats, city train, bicycle hire, beaches, just everything is nearby.

Room Tip: Not much sea view rooms, but you can always try to ask for one, otherwise swimming pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank woestyn
Reviewed 14 July 2011

PROs
Perfect location unless you're a beach-fanatic. far from the reknown beaches but straight IN Kos Town.
You can stroll along the port, catch a boat in 5 minutes, visit the castle, etc.
The staff is very friendly and well-organized.
Breakfast is OK and you enjoy eat overlooking the nice port
The view on the port, is really very nice
The closest beach is just 600 meters north, water is clear but the beach is filled with sunbeds, good for some bath.

CONs
The Wi-Fi is NOT working in many rooms.
(Air conditioning works only with all door closed and you in the room, so while you leave the room sometimes gets a bit hot.)

Room Tip: get a room with a view on the port, it is very nice
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Faldi
Reviewed 24 June 2011

The Astron Hotel Kos has a great location on the harbor at Kos. The hotel is across the circular harbor from where the ferry boats dock. . I also thought the rate of 69.5 Euro per night was very reasonable. Our room looked over the pool on the back side of the hotel. The lobby is rather large flacked on one side by a bar / lounge with some outdoor seating overlooking the harbor, and on the other side by the breakfast room also with some outdoor seating overlooking teh harbor. Our bedroom was reasonably spacious; but the bathroom is very cramped. The bathroom did have a bath tub in it. Full buddet breakfasts were very plentiful.

Room Tip: Room 117 looks out over the pool
3  Thank Joe-SVL
Reviewed 20 June 2011

3 star rating (B&B) but I would say slightly better when I think of some of the 4 star rated places we've stayed. The hotel is situated on the harbour and has an excellent view when you step out of the hotel. Close to plenty of places to eat and drink and although on a main road it was not as noisy as you might expect. However, there is a club relatively close by (only open on Saturdays in June) and those who cannot sleep with a bit of noise might find it a bit of a pain. No prob for me though .... out like a light.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bed and bathroom always clean (serviced every day)
Breakfast was OK with a good choice.
Pool open 1030 until 1930 - cleaned every day although a little snall for the number of guests. No problem finding a sun-lounger at anytime although those against the wall were in the shade from about 2.00 p.m.
Overall rating good and I would stay there again.

3  Thank bee8970
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I stayed at the Astron from 21 May to 2 June 2011. I was travelling alone so had booked a single room, which in fact turned out to be a twin room for sole use. The room was very big, clean and had the advantage of a fridge which was actually free of charge. There was plenty of wardrobe space and the bathroom was good too. The only fault I could find was the size of my balcony which measured no more than 1.5m square and had a chair and small round table. This was because my room was primarily for one person only and the rooms which catered for two or more persons had a bigger balcony. This didn't in any way mar the enjoyment of my holiday as there are plenty of tables and chairs on the terrace at the front of the hotel which overlook the wonderful harbour. My room came with an air con unit which was payable locally at the reception desk at a rate of approx £5 per night which was well worth it as I got a decent night's sleep without having to be bitten to death through having my balcony door open. There is a safety deposit box for hire, and these are located by reception and not in your room. Again, this didn't mar he enjoyment of my holiday but the boxes themselves do only hold items up to about 2" in height so if you have anything bulkier, like an SLR or digital camera, then these will not fit in. I took my digital camera and lens and kept these in my room with no problem whatsoever. There is a computer in a room off reception which has free connection to the internet at all times which I found very useful. The bar area is well catered for and as stated earlier, looks out directly onto the beautiful harbour. Breakfast is included and consisted of various rolls, fruit, meats and cheese, yoghurt and cake with tea and coffee. This was on a buffet style help yourself. Again, you could have breakfast out on the terrace overlooking the harbour. The reception staff were most helpful and I only had two occasions to call for their assistance when my air con unit had problems. However, these problems were soon sorted out for me. There is a swimming pool and garden area which I only used once, but seemed adequate. I went during half term week and if you are looking for a hotel without the noise of children, then this seems to be it. I didn't see one child during my stay there and I would say the age range of the guests was from 30-70. Probably the reason there were no children was because there is no hotel entertainment provided, which suited me fine as I wanted the peace and quiet. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back there again.
Gill, Cambridge

Room Tip: Best rooms here would overlook the harbour
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
#20 of 48 in Kos Town
Kos Junior Suites
Kos Junior Suites
#22 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Astron Hotel? Share your experiences!