We stayed at the Sofia Beach this May and to be fair it was a cheap holiday and the flights which were on Thomas Cooks own planes were hard to fault.
When we arrived on the transfer coach we turned into a very run down road and joked that this would be our hotel and you guessed it it was!! The road contained a derelict house with a couple of gypsy families squatting in it and the Lambi area was very run down. We wondered what we had done. The hotel we found to be very clean, however we were on our fourth kettle before we got a working one. The smoke alarm beeped constantly and when no one came to fix it after three days we took the battery out ourselves! However it was clean and the pool was clean although freezing and not as good as the pics as the jacuzzi was empty! When we trekked the 20min walk into Kos town we were impressed with it. The restaurant staff in Lambi were lovely especially in the Blue Phoenix and one opposite the hotel the name of which we forget.
The beach was shingly and disppointing as there were broken bottles and the blue flag was hanging in tatters on the pole. Maybe it was just because it was early season.
The weather however was amazing 30 every day sun all day. Having said this the week before we arrived was very stormy and less warm than the mini heatwave Britain was having! This is just luck though.
If you go, don't expect the world and you won't be disappointed. just look up at the cloudless blue sky!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sophia Beach Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sophia Beach Aparthotel Hotel Kos Town
- Sophia Beach Aparthotel kós
- Sophia Beach Aparthotel Hotel kós
- Sophia Beach Aparthotel Kos/Kos Town