Lenaki
  • Bar/Lounge
Captains Hotel(Kos Town)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthese apartmentsair coninfectious laughpool areaself cateringfamily runminute walkgreat place to staycomfortable sunbedstown centrering hobsnack bardogs barkingplenty of sunbedsla stregasun loungerssunburnt arms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We returned from the lenaki apartments a week ago, and what can I say, it was perfect. We have been to Greece several times and have stayed in some lovely places, but this has topped them all. The kitchen was limited but we didn't go to cook. The beds were comfy and the air con was great at a reasonable price. The bathroom was abit small for my liking, but it didn't matter. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the sunbathing and swimming area was great. The food was lovely, the best salads and pizza I have had in a long time. Some reviews say that the staff were rude, that is not true at all. The family were wonderful, very, very hard working, always made time to speak to you. Lenaki is a credit to them all. The town was about a ten minute walk, the beach wasn't for me, abit over crowded. We found some lovely places to eat down the back streets. We did find the main strip overwhelming, but there was some little gems if you looked for them. We met lots of amazing people that keep returning year after year, they have given us some very fond, lasting memories, especially our last day and the aerobics lesson in the pool by some of the regulars, I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Lenaki is fantastic, and would have no hesitation in recommending it, well done to the family, and thank you for making our holiday perfect.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Lenaki apartments are superb. Yiannis, Elena, Stamatis and Maria are a truly wonderful family. This was our 5th stay at the Lenaki and everything was perfect. The welcome you get is so warm and friendly. My wee girl Caitlin absolutely loves Maria and can't wait to go back again next year! A huge thank you to you all for everything. The Lenaki is the perfect place for a relaxing fun filled family holiday.

Room Tip: We have stayed in all of the blocks and all rooms are lovely, my preference is to stay on the ground floor
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gillian B
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I wasn't really sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Everyone was really nice as the outside area looks nice too.
The room was fine for 2 people, I wouldn't have wanted to use the 3rd bed as it is in the kitchen really but it is perfect for 2.
Drinks and food around the pool are all reasonably priced.
The location is ideal, close enough to everything but far enough away that you don't get any noise.
I would return here if I came to kos again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GemmaBrighton
Reviewed 22 July 2014

stayed there for 1 week on 12th july 2014
when we arrived wife opened cupboard in bedroom to put clothes away and a mouse jamp out ..!!

the owners werent very hepfull thought we were joking about having a mouse (altho opposite in room 20 beside road the 2 young lass had a rat (not joking)

wifi is no existent and definately dont go there if you want to connect

the owners aren't very friendly people and run the complex like a concentration camp seen them giving people a row for putting sunbeds on grass and for silly other things, at end of week all our clothes in the cupboard were covered in mice poo (check your cupboards etc)

apart fro that the complex does have some good things especially the gardens and poolside area

only 15 minutes walk to town centre

Room Tip: upstairs to get away from the mice etc
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jingle81
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went with a group of friends who are all 18 years old for a "nightlife holiday". After reading the reviews I was expecting pleasant and friendly staff however from the first day we arrived they were nothing but RUDE. They appear very friendly to older people but to us they made the stay very awkward.
On our first night when we arrived we had planned to cook dinner however they supply the absolute bare minimum. There is no measuring jugs, ovens, drying up cloth, knifes that can be used for chopping and not even an OVEN! IF your staying don't expect to be able to cook.
Then before going out clubbing we sat at the bar and all ordered shots however after 5 minutes they told us we had to leave unless we bought another drink despite the bar being almost empty and having just paid 20 euros. However there was no comment to the older couple who only ordered one beer each at the price of 2 euro each.
They also try to make money on every single thing! We played pool for 32 minutes and because we were 2 minutes past half an hour we had to pay for an hour ! Also we had two apartments and when leaving we only wanted to keep one to keep our suitcases in however they said that they would charge us an extra 10 euro to do this! They also didn't tell us whether we could stay in the apartment longer until on the day!
They also say they have wifi but it rarely works and when it does it is very slow!

However there are postives! If you can deal with the very rude staff then the apartments have a lovely pool area( flips flops do need to be worn at all times as we all ended up stepping in glass at one point.)
Also the location for a clubbing holiday is good its about a 30 minute walk to bar street and 10 minutes to the beach.
Also the apartments were always spotless and cleaned by friendly cleaners (the only people that made some sort of effort to be nice)

Overall I would stay here if I was a family as they seem very friendly towards families and also if you are planning a clubbing holiday but just be warned that if you are under 18 you will have to deal with rude staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zoe D
Hotel-Apts_Lenaki, Manager at Lenaki, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review and helping us get better.
I am sorry we didn't supply all these amenities you ask for, but we never advertised we did on first place. Though, they could be added on near future to make people's cooking easier.
We are friendly with all people, not just old and families and we don't kick people out of the bar when they just spent money! We are extra cautious, not rude, with young people though because of the noise level they make especially early hours in the morning like you did.
As for letting you know if you could keep your room longer on your last day, I must say we only know a day before, because that's when we get the times for the new arrivals by the travel agencies.
Wi-fi is free and available to all. That means many people go online at the same time making the connection slow.
Finally I am sorry if you stepped on glass, but we were never aware of a breakage and the pool area is cleaned in the evening when it closes.
We thank you again for your recommendations and we will try and improve ourselves.

The manager