“Lovely atmosphere for a real local cuisine”
Review of Taverna Alexandros

Ranked #56 of 234 Restaurants in Kos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This place is great!!!! The traditional Crete cuisine is delicious, especially they are using their own herbs and spices to cook. Nothing is processed, all fresh and yummy. The Greek Plate is a good choice, great for sharing. Service is good, and the vibe is relaxing with some slow music.

1  Thank StepByStepExplorer

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Whilst in Kos Town we went looking off the beaten track for a Greek taverna and we stumbled across this place.

Loved it, food and wine was lovely.

Best restaurant we found in Kos by far!!!!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I visited this restaurant 3 years ago and I was very happy to find it once again. This holiday week I had a light lunch here 3 times. On Saturday I had the Greek salad, on Tuesday the Greek starters plate no.1 and Tomato salad with feta and on Wednesday the Greek starters plate no.2. also accompanied with Tomato salad + feta. They were all wonderful ( especially starter no.2) and they were of good size, not too fulfilling. But as the dessert the sweet of the day was 2 days the same, that didn´t attract me enough to order it.

But in the evening everything changed. I had made a table reservation for the Thursday evening and when I wondered, why they don´t ask my name, the waiter told me, that he would remember me. When I went there, that waiter was not even working at that time (he came later) and I got the table just beside the door, in my opinion, the worst table and there was no reserved-label, either. I was however served well, but there were guests, who had to wait for the menu, wait to make the payment and other guests, who came later, they had menus and food earlier than the persons coming much earlier. I think they cannot manage the dinner time when most of the customers come at 15-30 minutes range.

The Lamb Kleftiko was a really big disappointment. I was expecting a beautiful meal with filo dough or bread crust but instead I got a foil package of meat and potatoes. I would have preferred Mousaka the best, but it would have been served in a plate, not in a pot.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This restaurant has a great location and the husband and wife who run it are lovely but the food is average at best,small portions and mediocre quality.Many people staying at our hotel raved about it but mainly due to it being cheap rather than anything else.Gets busy early with older people,try after 9pm when they've mostly gone home for the night.

2  Thank Winkergeorge
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is a very reasonably priced restaurant with very tasty home-cooked food and we enjoyed eating here each time we visited Kos Town,either for lunch or during the evening.There's a wide range to chose from and everything we had was delicious,try the mixed starters or spicy meatballs to start,both are yummy & the home-made pannacotta is to die for.All the mains are very tasty and well priced and it's only 2e for a large mythos. this Taverna is always busy & the service is efficient & very friendly.It gets very busy during the evening and as soon as a table is empty,someone else is waiting to fill it.This restaurant is in a lovely little side street up the steps behind Agia Paraskevi church with the blue domes.Highly recommended