“Disappointing”
Review of Blue Lagoon Resort

Blue Lagoon Resort
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We returned at the same time as 2012, 2 weeks from 25 Sept. At face value the complex was the same but the quality of the food had deteriorated somewhat. It is questionable whether it was the food or the general air quality which promoted my wife's severe attack of the hated "Novo" virus. Hotel personnel stated it was in the air/atmosphere! My wife was extremely angry that no housekeeping staff were available overnight to help to clean up the "results" of this "virus".Myself I had an attack a few days later. Several others had also been subject to attacks from this "virus".
I believe other attacks have been documented on this site and because of the nature of these attacks we "wonder" if in fact it is a problem with food!
Finally, to compound my enjoyment of this holiday, the cabin manager poured hot tea/coffee over me whilst I was trying to sleep on the aeroplane coming home - I was driving home thus sleep was a priority!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JagmanRotherham
Write a ReviewReviews (2,815)

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here end of june into july as a couple. Had very nice time the food was good even for fussy me although all the cakes tasted the same to me Andy in the main restaurant was great. We hired bikes and went to TIGAKI nice place and went into town a couple of times as well.All in all good holiday nice to see the children enjoying themselves it was perfect for them but would not return .been there done that .

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel is without a doubt “Chav Republic”, aimed at the lower end of the market and attracting families with noisy, badly behaved children. That aside, the food was of a good standard, the staff were courteous and efficient and the rooms were clean, but I cannot recommend what is essentially Butlins abroad!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Miles C
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here in September/October 2012, great hotel, lots of options for food, including an outdoor restaurant, main restaurant, Greek and Italian (where you pay for drinks). Tea and coffee making facilities and air con help to make this a brilliant resort for couples and families alike. The animation tent always has something in the evening to offer (apart from their days off) but it can get chilly in October evenings, take a light jacket! There was a welcome drink on arrival and everything was explained well, including facilities such as a mini-market on site which was handy.
Beach was nearby, bit shingly and windy on the day we visited but other than that it would have been lovely if the wind had subsided. I think it was abut 4 euros for the day and there were AI drinks available there too.
Drinks were nice, quite strong cocktails, beer and wine as good as expected on AI.
The pool is lovely and huge, always plenty of loungers at the time we went. It's a great example of AI in Greece, highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SparklySJ
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel looks lovely at reception, but went to our room on a buggy train. Room bland and cold....tiled floors and no mats or slippers. Cold at night. Not enough bedding. First impression of rooms were on a par with a three floor council apartment..
Safe, internet and TV were extra....didn't want anything else. The insect screens were damaged, and some of our party had mosquitos in their rooms.
Food was so greasy it was sickly....not much choice of plainer food.....had bread and jam at breakfast.....plus my own cerial as there was little choice. Of our party of 10 people seven had tummy bugs. Cleaners pleasant but spoke no English, and the floors were not washed .
Our flight was 2 am on Sunday Oct 27th, and in spite of my having a tummy bug and vomiting 11 times before noon on the 26th, we had to pay 55 euros so I could stay in my room until 6 pm. I'm disabled, 76, and had a high temperature. Due to my still vomiting, we were given one hour more, until 7 pm. I then sat in reception until the 11 pm pick up, feeling ill and cold. When I started retching in the reception, the manager said I could go back to our room, but it was so far away, I did not have the energy. The hotel is sadly lacking in customer service.
The location is nice and walkable to Kos town, and the beach is only across a quiet road.
I would say that the hotel is TOP SHOW ONLY. Too many restrictions on eating, and food re served and cold, and kept under warm lights.
I would go to Kos again, but NOT the BLUE LAGOON.

Room Tip: Not a ground floor....they are semi basement !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Wendy W
MBN847, Sales Executive Assistant at Blue Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Wendy W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We apologize that we were not able fulfill your expectations regarding your holiday. We are surprised to read these comments as we had a big number of happy guests in Blue Lagoon Resort during the summer. Our goal is to have satisfied guests and we want to thank you for your comments.

Kindly be advised, that when hotel housekeeping is informed, they can bring extra blankets immediately. In addition, the a/c also works as a heater, when turned on.

Please be advised, that in our website we have described all the services that are with extra charge, including the safety box, Wi-Fi and sun beds on the beach.

Regarding the food, our restaurants offer a wide variety of different dishes for every taste. In addition we have themed restaurants and we believe that among all these options, everybody can find something for their taste.

The late check-out is always with extra charge and upon availability. Furthermore, kindly be advised, that our personnel is dedicated to give the best service to our guests to experience great holidays. We apologize, if you felt that service wasn’t correct at some points.

We hope to be able to welcoming you again in one of our group’s hotels in order to prove the good quality of our service.

Yours sincerely,

The Hotel Management

Reviewed 15 November 2013

well were do i start, came here oct 9th for my wedding,the 1st week was good food was ok very repetative even thought had theme nights, on the 15th had a text from my friend (witness for wedding) saying they were not allowed to come to hotel because they decided to close early, even though they were coming for my wedding, the hotel didnt even bother to tell any one this, after spending all day 16th on my MOBILE we sorted it, once they got there her 16 year old had to wear a child band,he was too old for the childrens activities (even though all they had was face painting) yet too young for the spa gym and sauna,the second week the food really went down hill my friends husband and youngest son got food poising and was in bed for 3 days, luckly this had happened after my wedding which i must say was fantastic,Franziska the wedding coordinater was lovely and helpful couldnt wish for a better day, the hotel restaurants closed down around us the ALL INCLUSIVE drinks were dwindled down to coke sprite or fanta,,there was no actual entertainment for the 13 year old and us, we ended up buying drinks and snacks from the over priced shop on site and sitting in are room, it was ment to be 4star all inclusive.................. my friends were that dissapointed in the whole cock up they decided to come home a week early,costing them an extra 500.00, after saving for 2years for this holiday and wedding i have never been so happy to return home..........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank smurf1771
Reviewed 14 November 2013

we travelled in may 2013 as a group of four girls looking for some R&R, and after looking at a number of all inclusive properties in kos, we discovered the blue lagoon and picked it purely on the fact it had everything we needed - numerous pools, bars, restaurants. activies, spa etc etc... and we were not disappointed! from the moment we arrived we were treated with great service. the pools were fantasic, plenty of sun loungers to choose from. restaurants were also great, nice variety in the main buffet restaurant and i would highly recommend the italian a la carte (adults only) five star food and service! the only downside was the cheesy entertainment, but i suppose you get that wherever you go! we will definately be returning!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
#9 of 48 in Kos Town
Kos Junior Suites
Kos Junior Suites
#22 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Blue Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!