“Friendly, enjoyable, relaxing hotel. Great Holiday Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Kos Town
walmer deal kent
“Friendly, enjoyable, relaxing hotel. Great Holiday Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Having just spent 2 weeks at the wonderful Americana Hotel in Kos. First impressions were how clean every where was. We were greeted by happy smiling staff with coffee and cake. What a wonderful experience we have had. The breakfasts buffets were Excellent. A range of food to suit every possible taste. Cooked breakfast available on request. My husband thought he had died and gone to heaven. The accommodation was very spacious and absolutely spotless with bed linen and towels changed every day. With free air conditioning (most places charge a daily rate) The staff were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Chris is a very special lady she makes the Americana the friendly relaxing place we came to love. Certainly we will return (didn't want to leave) Kos town is just a short walk away with plenty of amazing places to eat, during the day the place is a buzz of people enjoying the shops, beach, tavernas. The atmosphere at night is full of people just enjoying themselves, totally different from the daytime. There are excursions available to visit other islands all reasonably priced.

Room Tip: All the rooms at the Americana are all to the same high standard. The rooms are all double glazed s...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andieandderek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

As Kos was the first leg of our Island Hopping tour this year, we treat ourselves to a suite which proved a great choice as our whole family could have stayed in the bathroom, never mind my wife and I. The hotel is in a great peaceful position a short stroll away frpm Kos Town with all it's attractions. There are a couple of great little local bars and restaurants on the doorstep which we used every night on the way home - brilliant. The hotel staff were exceptional hosts and very informative with advice on restaurants etc. In summary, the rooms are spacious, nipping clean and very peaceful. Breakfasts were excellent and a pot of tea was on our table before we got there with our orange juice ! Highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for the suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JandB32
Airlie Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Nothing was too much trouble for Chris and the girls! The home made cakes as part of breakfast were an added bonus, a hug when things went wrong with forward bookings (nothing to do with them) and advice on anything and everything all of which was perfect. In fact, we booked for 3 nights, stayed 7, went away to Turkey and then went back! The staff cannot be faulted, and as for Chris herself - what can we say! Always laughing and happy. This hotel is a flat walk to Old Kos town of about 800m, close to restaurants and laundry, has free Internet for customers, and a stone's throw from the water. Excellent value for money (includes breakfast) and we love it. We're planning to return either next year or the next.

Room Tip: If you can afford the suite, then go for it! The double shower is a modern verion of the old Greece...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Thank you Chris for an amazing stay! Your hospitality and friendliness is hard to match. As for the hotel, the room was extremely spacious and comfortable with a large sitting area and private balcony. When you walk along the sea and realize how busy and commercial the hotels are along the sea, you really get to appreciate the difference with the Americana. And it's only a block and half or so from the water! As for Chris and Lizzie...such gracious hostesses! Chris is friendly, accomodating and a great conversationalist! She's part psychiatrist too I think :) The staff is attentive and friendly as well, great selection for breakfast too. Thanks again Chris!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank karen a
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

My husband and I were traveling to Bodrum, Turkey and decided to stay 2 nights in Kos. We are so glad we decided to stay @ the Americana! It's about a block from the sea but located in a quieter section of town. We enjoyed it being less touristy. The Americana has wonderful renovated rooms...very spacious with a sitting room, large separate bedroom, half bath, and on suite bathroom. The showers were huge by European standards & deluxe. Also the suite had a large balcony off living & bedroom. Your stay includes breakfast and there were a variety of fresh fruits, breads, pastries, meats to choose from along with teas and coffee. In the evening wine and beer could be purchased. They have a wonderful garden/patio that we would eat breakfast @ each morning. Chris, the owner, was a delight! She helped us with airport & ferry information as well as recommending good eateries. Hope to be back soon!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank luv2goontrips
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Lovely clean hotel at a very convenient location. The owner is a lovely lady. I definitely recommend this hotel! The only negative thing was a weird smell coming from the bathroom-the drain i think. I will definitely stay there again if i travel to Kos again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lennie A
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Why is this 4-star hotel accredited with two stars? A hidden gem. The lobby is pittoreske/idyllic with its adjacent porch covered in flowers. Each morning picking out my fresh fruits, Greek yoghurt, making my own Greek salad with olives, fresh vegetables, fresh cheeses, with breads and the best pastries, eating my breakfast watching the sun set in, I felt I should simply leave 'home' and live in Americana.The rooms have great styling and are comfortable and clean, with good airconditioning as well as a private balcony. The hotel is calm (I had some great nights of sleep), while everything you need is closeby. A short stroll and you walk along the harbour, you will see the outlines of Turkey's mountains when looking out over the sea, meanwhile passing by the finest restaurants and shops. The hotel is situated in a calm street, without screaming folks, but everything you need is just around the corner. I loved the staff, the nice lady preparing breakfast brought me a can of hot water as soon as I walked in each morning when she realized I am a tea-addict. She was so dedicated to her job. The owner, Chris, is a ray of light. The only downside was the fact my colleague - staying in a rather pretentious 5-star hotel - passed on part of his work to me since (opposed to Americana Hotel) his hotel only had internet in the lobby. Honestly I would go to Kos solely to be able to stay in Americana again. I'm almost reluctant to place my review as Americana is often fully booked and I need to get that permanent room there. (And don't get me started about the price).

Room Tip: Book early as this hotel is often fully booked in summer!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank CalimeroEurope
ChrisfromKos, Owner at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Americana. I'm glad we were able to help you to have an enjoyable time while you were in Kos, as well as get your business done! We hope to greet you again here at the Americana in the future, but whether it's for business or pleasure, we will do our best to insure you enjoy your stay!

Kind regards,
#7 of 31 in Kos Town
Thomas Hotel
Thomas Hotel
#11 of 31 in Kos Town

Been to Americana Hotel? Share your experiences!