“The most relaxing holiday ever”

Pelagos Suites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I wanted a relaxing, no problems, no stress holiday. We deliberately picked self catering because we wanted to eat out every night at different restaurants. We have been all inclusive many times, especially when our two sons where young and we where having a family holiday. But because there are just the two of us now, we didn't want to be constrained to eating at one place.
We could not have picked a better hotel or location. The staff at the hotel where helpful and friendly and go the extra mile. I can give you a very good explanation regarding this. On return home, i discovered my car and house keys where missing. I had just recently purchased a new car and to replace the key was going to cost me £182. I E-Mailed the hotel, stating that I was willing to pay postage. Today I recieved my keys in the post with no request for postage. What more could you ask for.
Going back to the holiday. We stayed in room 226. This room faces side on to the beach, so you get a view of one of the pools and the beach at the same time. the room was large and clean. Apparently this section of the hotel is the last phase being modernised, but we where still very happy with the room. The room was cleaned everday with fresh towels. The hotel provide beach towels, if you want those changing just ring the reception.
We only had one meal in the hotel which was excellent. The 3 pool areas are lovely, one was quiet because the kids tended to use the large pool. There is a small water theme area for the kids as well. I would say that this hotel has the right balance for families and couples.
The hotel have there own beach area about 50 yards across the road from the reception, which is free. We used the beach area further up because it was quitier, but this cost us 5 euros a day, but this suited us. The sand is very fine shingle, the sea is safe with rolling surf, leading into the sea there are pebbles, beach shoes do help. The beach has a breeze all the time but some days can be windy. The sand does not get blown up because it is too heavey. We spent most of our 10 day holiday on the beach, it was so peacful just listening to the surf. Across from the hotel is a taverna and a shop that sells everything. The owner of the shop is called Pedros and he and his wife are so friendly, the whole of the island is like this. The taverna sells great food.
There is a bus stop outside the hotel, the bus goes into Kos down and the bus runs about ever 30 minutes. The fare is 3 Euros for both of us. This takes you directly into Kos town centre, you can't miss it because the roundaboute has a blue dolphin in the middle. To come back there is a white kiosk where you are dropped off, you buy the return ticket from there. But my wife and i tended to return by taxi, this cost 8 euros, the taxi's are directly opposite.
The town centre is lively, only one night club. The retaurants in the centre mainly serve piza's and the like, everything with chips. It tended to be the ones with the brightly coloured signs with there menu's, these where the ones serving this type of food. I expect they serve what most tourists want, especially for kids. But if you want more tradtional food, you need to walk further along the harbour to the quitier part of town, there you will find more tradional and better quality restaurants, but of course these are a bit more expensive, I would say equal to Uk prices.
One restaurant that I would really recommend is 'The Stadium'.
One thing that you will notice is a red cycling path, this runs from Kos town all along the beach area. You can hire cycles, cars , scooters etc from the reception. A van picks you up and takes you to the hire shop. Once finished you leave your cycle with reception and then it is collected, hassle free.
All in all we had a really lovely holiday and we will be going back.

Room Tip: Self catering studio. Spacious, cooking hob, micro wave and fridge. Balcony with table and chairs. W...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Allan A

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My partner, six year old daughter and I stayed at the Pelagos Suites Hotel for two weeks all inclusive. It was the best holiday we have ever had! We went in August and stayed in a Junior Suite. The room was amazing! Plenty of space for the three of us, it was very modern and were cleaned every day we were there. The cleaners were very friendly and trustworthy.
The food from the restaurant was always delicious, I am a fussy eater and there was always something to eat, there was plenty to choose from. We had a night in one evening and ordered a pizza from the pizzeria in the hotel grounds and had it delivered to our door. That was also a lovely pizza! One of the best I've had!

The staff were very friendly, all of the barman at the main pool bar always had a smile on their faces and were always very helpful. They were always happy to have a chat and a laugh. The animation team were also very friendly, we made friends with Alex who is a great guy and so funny. If I'm honest there is not one member of staff that didn't give 110% in their job. They were all polite and happy to help. They all made an effort to get to know us and even our daughters bears name haha.

The pools are lovely, the drinks are good and the entertainment was good too. I particularly enjoyed the fire show and the bed of nails. The private beach opposite the hotel was lovely, I don't see what everyone was moaning about on here, its just a beach with some sunbeds on. Not many people go there so we thought it was a great place to spend time together.

Kos is a lovely island, we hired a suzuki jimny (4x4 much better with terrain) and went around the whole island. My daughter is six and we did struggle to find something for her to do outside of the hotel. There is no zoo or anything like that, there is a water park but as my daughter is a little nervous around water we didnt go. I heard it was fantastic though.

Thank you Pelagos Suites for an amazing holiday that we will not forgot :)

Room Tip: Junior suites are amazing and all hair their own air conditioning
6  Thank aime89
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2wks all inc & absolutely loved it! We were in the older rooms & they were very basic/old fashioned compared to the new modern rooms built but they were clean & large enough for us three. The maids changed the towels every day & cleaned the room to a good standard.

The new side with the stunning pool that was near the restaurant was very relaxing. The 'floating' day beds were fab! The older pool had a swim up bar & was also relaxing. The third pool by the supermarket side seemed to be the quietest.

The restaurant & food was amazing!! Clean, lots of variety & brilliant salads! They cook some meat/fish in front of you too....this was popular & sometimes there was a queue but was worth it! The staff work really hard & are so friendly.

Drinks on AI are local spirits/beer but the water isn't bottled & they use a purifier...you could taste this so we bought ours from the shop on site. Bar staff work really hard, always a smile on their faces. Olga was always really helpful & happy.

The animation team were brilliant, didn't stop! They get to know you by name but leave you if you feel you want a lazy day! Lots of activities going on inc. aqua, stretching, darts, rifle shooting & the hotel dance that was a must at the end of every aqua & evening entertainment! The team put on their own shows in the evening & put their heart & soul into it....some enjoyed, some moaned but they were good at what they did, just sometimes too repetitive. All the team were great & they made our holiday really fun by being funny..Alex dressing up for one!! Ha ha ha.

The hotel staff go out of their way to help. We celebrated our anniversary there & Georgios arranged sparkly wine in our room & our bed was dressed up with petals..it was a really lovely, personal touch. Staff like him make this hotel brilliant & probably don't receive enough acknowledgement for what they do but without people like him, this hotel would lose it's charm.

We already have enquired about returning next year with more of our family....we loved it that much! We viewed one of the newer rooms & will be choosing this next time...they really are modern & worth paying the extra for. The whole holiday was relaxing & the stunning water features all around you really add to this. We've stayed in Cuprus many times 4/5* & this hotel is in line with them but tops it because of atmosphere from animation & the personal touches it adds.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Aysh40
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had a great 2 weeks stay at Pelagos Hotel, requested room 948 Junior Suite which has large balcony and day bed towards back of hotel (new part) with good view of sun set which was fabulous! Only downside was our early alarm call from the allotments opposite where a cockerel made us aware of his presence at sunrise.....we got used to it though!
Room was cleaned thoroughly, with fresh towels every day.
Above all the staff including waiters, bar staff, cleaners, entertainment and reception very friendly which really made our holiday, we felt very welcome. Animation team really worked for their money all day with keep fit, aqua aerobics, water polo, the list goes on and then in the evening managing the entertainment until 11PM, (phew, wore me out just watching)But they were not in your face and if you didn't want to join in they didn't pester you at all.

Last but very important point about the hotel, the restaurant. The food was always fresh, the bread sourced locally and the pastries made on site (you can go and see them made if you ask!) themed every evening and the Greek salads a must! The Italian restaurant on site also delicious, small menu selection but all freshly cooked and very tasty. You get 1 free voucher each per week and any extra meals a discount (book in advance)

Caught the bus into Kos from outside the hotel a few times, very cheap. Regular cabs back later on if you miss the last bus only 2.5 kilometres away, well worth it for the harbour, old town and some lovely restaurants.

Tips:
1) if out for day then you can order pack lunch from reception day before (if all inclusive at no extra cost)
2) beach / pool towels changed weekly, but ask!

Constructive Criticism:
1) gym needs air con switched on as it was unbearable and could do with some music or TV to break the silence
2) children's beds in family suite are uncomfortable and not adequate for a 14 year old to sleep on for two weeks.

Overall though had a fantastic holiday, will definitely come back and recommend to others.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 14 and 15 and have just returned from a 2 week self catering holiday to the Pelagos Suites. We all had a great time the hotel is stunning with brilliant staff who are all very friendly and helpful. The reception staff were far more helpful than the Thomas Cook rep! We stayed in a 2 bedroomed apartment in the old part of the hotel, but the room was still very nice, with 2 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen area and sitting area.
It was our anniversary while we were there and George arranged a bottle of bubbly in our room and had it decorated for the occasion. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for any of the staff. The entertainment staff are also great fun, they aren't too pushy but always very happy and chatty. Enjoyed darts with Alex everyday! My son also enjoyed the football and water polo for teenagers.
We caught the bus just outside the hotel into Kos town on a night with us being self catering and found so many restaurants to eat in and never had a bad meal! There are so many I could recommend. We also went on the Captain Hook boat trip which was a good day out. Kos town is lovely, with its Harbour and then if you walk further back you will find the old town which I really liked.
I can highly recommend the Pelagos for a holiday and Kos town and hopefully I will return soon! Any questions please ask!

Room Tip: if on a self catering basis ask for a room above ground level
1  Thank BLOOMERSWakefield
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive at the pelagos we stayed here for a family wedding and had a fab time the hotel grounds are lovely and the food in the hotel is the best we have had in an all inclusive hotel !!! we stayed in the studio rooms which were always clean and tidy,although maybe due an upgrade to bring up to the standard of the rest of the hotel!!! the staff were excellent and nothing was a problem, the 3 pools at the hotel were never over crowded even though we stayed in the peak season and always sunbeds available,The hotel chapel was stunning a perfect hotel and grounds for a wedding i would definitely recommend this hotel and will hopefully return soon !!!!!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at Pelagos Suites Hotel with my family. Had a great time, definitely one of the best holidays I have had. Lovely hotel with pretty and well maintained grounds. Great ambiance, which was made by the staff for sure. I spent a lot of my time by the main pool and bar where the staff were really friendly, hard working and fun to be with, particularly Stam, Klod and Olga, nothing was too much trouble. A special thank you to the cleaners who cleaned around me whilst I lay in bed nursing my hangover! I would highly recommend the Italian restaurant onsite, the food was excellent. There was a variety of activities for all ages, great for all the family. Would return tomorrow if I could!

3  Thank laurageere
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas
Gaia Garden
Gaia Garden
#9 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Pelagos Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!