“Lovely Family run Hotel”
Review of Nefeli Hotel

Nefeli Hotel
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Kos Town
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely Family run Hotel”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my second stay at the Hotel .Its a small family run place in a rural setting well served by the prompt local bus service. Bike hire which is cheap is well advised ,The hotel is extremely clean and well run . I enjoy the food they serve and the bar and pool areas are excellent . I think the beach 200yards away is really nice and the swimming is excellent KosTown is a 15 leisurely bike ride away...All in all an excellent affordable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank MatthewVH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I, together with my son and his girlfriend stayed at the Nefeli in June. This was the 3rd time we had been to Kos and the Nefeli was by far the best place we have stayed at.
From the moment we arrived, we were made welcome by Nikos and his family. Friendly staff, lovely clean pool and smashing food, what more could you want. My daughter who was staying at a different hotel, was getting married during our stay and the family were so kind to allow her to get ready at the Nefeli on the morning of the wedding. My daughter,son in law and grandchildren were also made to feel welcome on the occasions when they chose to visit us for an evening.The whole family were so nice during our stay that I will not hesitate to book here when we return to Kos.The hotel is nicely situated, away from the main road into Kos, but only a 10 minute leisurely walk away.
Thank you Nikos,Maria,Niki,Katerina and the rest of the family and staff for making our stay such a wonderful occasion.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Johnf8958
fife scotland
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Nice little hotel, but not 4*. The pool area is lovely and clean and can get a sunbed anytime of the day. We stayed b&b in the main building,room 104. Never heard any noise like other reviewers. The room was adequate,though shower could be updated. My biggest irk was the sheets on the bed,they do not fit,and end up on a bare mattress, not nice. Could also do with plumper pillows or an extra one.
Breakfast was more than adequate, if it was kept replenished. We were there at the back of 9 every morning and had to ask for things. Which became a little annoying. The bar was nice and the beer cold,the food we had there was good too. The hotel is a bit far out, but we hired bikes which in our opinion is a must, as it gives you so much freedom to do as you please. I think and this is only in my opinion that the hotel is geared mostly toward the more mature couples.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank feefeep
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is our third time at the hotel which says it all
if you don't love it and want to return then you are hard to please!!!!
The family remembered us and greeted us like long lost friends and sprinkled flowers and made swans with the towels on our beds.
Nothing is too much trouble, it is peaceful and always has sunbeds available, the pool is spotless the maids are in every day,and on leaving they all wish you well.
Everything you need is here and we will definitely be back to our little niche next year

Room Tip: Any room we have had a different room each year
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sharon b
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have just returned from staying on a half board basis at the Nefeli for a week, having stayed there before I had no hesitation in returning again.
My room was spotless and the maid called every day, there was plenty of room around the large pool and never a problem to get a sun lounger, the bar is open 24/7 and the prices are very reasonable. The number of those who chose to return each year is proof that they have got things right.

The location for Kos Town is very handy, the bus stop is just right outside the hotel although I mainly chose to walk the 20 mins into town.

The Nefeli prides itself as being a family run hotel and that is exactly what it is, they make you feel at home the minute you arrive and continue to carry that out all through your stay. When I visit Kos next this is the hotel that I shall chose again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Dobby_1066
surrey london
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I did not actually stay here, but my mum and dad and my brother and he's partner did. We stayed at BLR.
My husband myself and 4 children visited my mum and dad on BBQ night at nefali, was great atmosphere. My husband actually proposed on the stage and the staff took time to give us shots of ouzo and champagne and congratulate us.
5days later we got married and I got ready in my mums room. The staff were so friendly and very happy for us to use the hotel.
I would highly recommend this hotel.
Thank you Maria, Nikos and those who's names I have forgotten.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank donnarowles
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

my wife and I have just returned from the nefeli hotel in kos.this is the first time we have stayed there, but many other guests had stayed there many times.the hotel was clean and the rooms had all you need,shower over the bath and always hot water.the pool area was very good and plenty of sun beds no need to put your towels out at some unearthly hour.there are two separate blocks to this hotel one for selfcatering and one for b@b,halfboard, we were half board.bewarned if you are half board the evening meals are a set menu,you are given a meal you didn't order and might not like. this happened to us.so I mentioned this to the owner I explained I had paid for half board and expected a choice. they said we should have been told when booking it was a set menu. in the end agreed we could choice from the menu. the other downsides to this hotel are its location,its twenty minute walk to the nearest bar and café. although the bus to kos town stops right out side and run every hour.also every body in the area has dogs no love spent on these animals they are chained up out side 24/7.they bark day and night when one starts they all start. also stay dogs roam the pool area and outside dinning area guests feed them. they do not appear unfriendly, but ofputting. saying that the family are very friendly and helpful. bar and food prices are fair 3 euro for large beer. having said all that we still had a good time, weather was red hot that's what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple