“Brilliant stay”

Alice Springs Hotel
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hi to ellias and maria, love the hotel and all the staff, had a great stay with you, this is second stay here and sad to hear george and barbera have gone back to austrailia, although the hotel has been left in the excellent hands of ellias and maria who are both verry helpfull and friendly, rooms are kept clean and tidy daily and towels changed daily by the friendly maids, pool and bar area also kept clean and tidy, as we have been before we visited are old friends joseph and co at old river reasterant turn right from hotel and right at beach and along on right hand side brilliant reasterant and staff, great greek food, also blue phoenix right out of hoyel and on left at bottom of road. We also sat on beach at old river for free and had brill service from dragon down on the beach, my only gripe is you couldnt get any rest on beach due to all the massagi girls going around 15 on 1 day.
Anyways cheers ellias and maria we all had great stay and great kleftico night. And i will be back james.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank thewe
There are newer reviews for Alice Springs Hotel

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We visited Alice Springs as a couple between 13-20 May. I understand that the original owners George and Barbara have returned to Australia and the hotel is now managed by their son and daughter-in-law Elias and Maria. The hotel is around a 15/20 minute walk to the centre of Kos Town and a 5 minute walk from a shingly beach. There are also a number of tavernas/bars within easy walking distance and an excellent restaurant Efkalipity just opposite. We found all the tavernas/bars to be good value with friendly staff/owners. Alice Springs is a smallish family run hotel and Elias and Maria are friendly hard-working people. The bar area, the pool and garden are very nice. We were located in the original part of the hotel built in the 80's I think (room 211) and I have to say that based upon our room refurbishment is needed, particularly the bathroom. There is a much newer part of the hotel and I suspect that standards there are higher. Although it didn't bother us there was no TV in the room. Food is available on request and we found both food and drink was fine. A couple of people have mentioned prices but we have no issue with the prices charged. We attended the 'lamb night' meal which was excellent. The only entertainment we are aware of was a quiz one night organised by the Thompson rep which we enjoyed. It would be nice to see something additional e.g. local musician to encourage a livelier atmosphere around the bar in the evening. However it was early in the season so maybe that will happen at some point. Kos is a lovely island and the people very friendly, we also found other guests to be very friendly. Alice Springs has a very good reputation built up over many years under George and Barbara and I'm sure Elias and Maria will continue the good work. Thanks

3  Thank shaun h
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just come back from a lovely holiday at Alice Springs in KOS. The pool view we had was great, the pool itself was very clean! The entertainment good: quiz night. At the b.b.q we had ample enough food and the quality of the steak very good. Just a few gripes- the bathroom wall and the toilet rim needed a bit of elbow grease as it had streaks on the wall next to the sink that had been there a while, and the toilet didnt look as clean as it should.The drinks were very expensive but being as you have to walk a bit to another bar ,they have got the monopoly on this. Barbara and George were away so our hosts were Elias and Marie Ann. Elias was great, very helpfull ,very pleasant very accomodating. Marie Anne i feel is quite sharp, we asked for burger and chips, but being as i did not feel like any chips we asked politely if there was a reduction the price? to which she replied quite a few times "no no no price still the same"! How does that work then if your only having half the meal???? After that she was quite cool with us! So it just goes to show that if you are waving EURO'S at them then you will have plenty of false smiles!!!

8  Thank elainejosephineymail
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We chose to stay here following numerous reviews on Trip Advisor and we definitely were not sorry. It was the first week of the hotel's season and we arrived to find Elias and Maria waiting for us. We couldn't have been made more welcome.

This hotel is one of the most friendliest and caring hotels we have stopped at. Nothing is too much trouble and the owners and the staff always have time to chat and answer any questions that you may have about Kos etc. From start to finish you were made to feel like part of the family.

We had a minor problem with the hot water and spoke to Elias who jumped on it and had it sorted straightaway. He was so apologetic about it happening however as it was the first week if you are going to get minor problems that is when it is going to happen - it didn't bother us at all.

Although it is a small and friendly hotel, it was actually bigger than we expected. It is kept immaculately clean and the pool area is really nice. Free wifi in this area was also a bonus.

We did not feel that we had to eat/drink at the hotel all week and Elias and Maria would offer recommendations for local restaurants if you asked. We did however attend their legendary BBQ and Kleftiko evenings and can tell you now we were very impressed with the steaks and the lamb.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and the facilities were more than adequate. Only minor point is that a double bed is two singles joined together - not a double mattress. Seemed a little strange but they were OK.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - indeed we will be returning ourselves next year all being well.

Elias and Maria - you have two lovely children and your staff are wonderful. Thank you for a fantastic holiday.

Tips:

Good restaurants we visited within easy walking distance were: Blue Phoenix (turn right out of the hotel and down on the left by the beach); Eftkalipty (almost opposite the hotel); Delon Pub (left to the supermarket and turn right, down on the left) and Mike's Taverna (past the Delon Pub a short distance).

Although there is a supermarket on the corner by the hotel, there is another one if you turn left about 10 mins on the main road - it gives more choice and better prices.

Room Tip: Room 104 - has the sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon. This will probably be a bonus in...
5  Thank dazza95
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just took a weeks holiday at the Alice Springs Apartments in Kos.
I was very impressed by the size of the apartment. I was a bit worried it may be quite small but it was very spacious with lots of room for my son (3), to play with his cars while we were getting ready (apologies to anyone who may have been under us :-) )
The apartment was also well set up when we arrived complete with a toddler bed for my son to sleep in.

Even though we didn't spend a lot of time at the complex/around the bar/pool, Elias and Maria were very friendly and approachable and always stopped to say hello (especially to my little one) and their children are so very friendly, as my son was the only child at the complex they sort of took him under their wing and would play with him, it was very sweet, you get a real sense of 'family' there.

The children's play area is very well laid out and secure and the toys are all in excellent condition, my son loved it.I did feel the baby pool was a little too deep (I think they are usually like paddling pools and this was just over half the height of my son), but, as long as you have water wings/vest then you should be fine.

All in all I would definitely recommend the Alice Springs for a nice family holiday and would definitely look at booking at again if we go back to Kos.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank filibear
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Really nice hotel and apts,made to feel as a friend rather than just another customer.Nice food,nice pool and bar area.Ellias and his wife Maria are always on hand to give you info on the area,transport etc.There is a nice garden area at the rear which is a peacefull area to sunbathe and just listen to the birds chirping,my wife made full use of this while I did the 10/15 min walk to the harbour,old town and town square area for a mingle.There is a bus stop at the end of the road if you don`t fancy walking,but a lot of people hired bikes at really cheap prices.
Can`t fault this hotel and will definately be back.

1  Thank Shreddie-Eddie
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Service excellent - friendly and efficient and always around; rooms spacious and clean with fresh towels and sheets every day; bathroom with shower and hair dryer, all clean and worked well. Kitchen area has kettle, microwave (didn't use it) and 2 ring hob. 2 pans, frying pan, colander, chopping board cutlery and crockery for 4 - we ate out most nights but I took my own small coffee pot (sorry but I like my coffee my way) and my own sharp knife and I am glad I did. I bought washing up liquid and could have done with a washing up sponge. There was a bread knife and corkscrew so don't bother to pack that!
Easy walk into town, or hire a bike. It was great not to be isolated in one of the outlying places and we really appreciated the small hotel feel of Alice Springs rather than the big resorts. Lots of supermarkets, shops and places to eat nearby - and the beach too of course (at the end of the road).
Hotel pool and bar are excellent with lots of places to lounge about but if you want to be active then the staff are approachable and will help with places to visit etc. I would go back - and I don't tend to re-visit places.

Room Tip: Room 209 has sun on balcony in the morning but shade the rest of the day.
1  Thank janColchester
Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments
Hotel Atlantis
Hotel Atlantis
#12 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Alice Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!