“Fine if you don't want to get to sleep before 5am!”
Review of Anastasia Hotel

Anastasia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Kos Town B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Fine if you don't want to get to sleep before 5am!”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We had a bit of a holiday nightmare that wasn't really Anastasia's fault, when we arrived at our chosen accommodation we found out that there had been an error with the booking (which I won't go into too much detail but we've since found out that the travel company knew of this before we flew out and we weren't made aware of it! argh) so when we arrived at Anastasia we were a little disgruntled anyway as it wasn't where we had chosen to stay. It is on a main street, and the pool area is concreted so not very inviting, plus the other guests were mainly Greek and liked to stare at us every time we walked across the pool area to get to our rooms, a little disconcerting to be honest!

Our actual room was fine, clean, had a nice balcony and good self catering facilities. However we did not get much sleep! The Greek guests liked to play their loud music and scream and shout along with it all through the night - we weren't going to bed until 2am/3am but we still couldn't get to sleep. Also, the air con unit is in the bedroom at the back of the apartment but we couldn't close the door as our friend who was sleeping in the living area at the front of the apartment would have had to bear the brunt of the noise and bake to death!

The owner of the hotel did come to see us as he heard we weren't happy but it wasn't really his fault. The location is quite good though - a 10 min or so walk both from Kos Town centre and Lambi beach. We hired bikes from the hire place that's literally across the road and cycled to Tigaki one day, most of the way was along the coast road by the beach which was lovely. It's quite a do-able cycle, even for me who hasn't ridden in years!

My summary of the hotel is friendly owner and reception staff, unfortunately not so friendly and considerate fellow guests, and don't go if you like a big pool and nice pool area!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I booked this hotel last minute and so got a good rate on my room. It was the bargain of the year.

They put me in a one bedroom apartment which was really lovely and a step up from the usual basic Greek accommodation. The breakfast was basic but more than adequate and the staff were lovely. Everywhere was immaculately clean and the only problem I had was that it was just a little bit far from the centre of town. However, you don't mind walking when the weather is so beautiful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2010

first the good stuff . . . Friendly helpful staff, very clean hotel, 5 min walk 2 beach and 3 min 2 Kos Town. Nice clean pool, cold platter for breakfast with chance 2 have hot breakfast for 2 Euro more. Bad stuff, not the Hotel's fault, but its on a main road and lots of traffic noise 24/7. When we were there early August, it was full 2 the brim with Swedish (i was told) teenagers who were very loud till very late, 4/5 in the morning, at night sitting in large groups smoking and drinking around the pool. I felt quite intimadated walking past. Also things like playing music in there rooms till 2am, Also there seemed 2 be large groups off them so lots of cat calls between room etc. Im not an old grunt, but my 18-3o days are long gone, I like 2 get in at 1am, and go 2 sleep. Saying that i was told, by a brit who lives in Kos, that after the 16th August, it becomes more British (older couples and families) and a lot quieter. Kos is a lovely place 2 vist though.

• Stayed September 2010
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2010

We stayed in ANASTASIA with my friend and my little daughter with the same Anastasia. That is probably why we chose the Hotel. She had soooo many freebies, and her name was everywhere;on the bottom of the pool, walls and doors:). Hotel was very simple but it said 3*; and we went for it as we were not going to stay IN but be out at the beach. everyday. I have to agree with comments that this Hotel isnt for big groups of friends. Its very private little hotel. Not rock-and-roll hotel, So, if you are looking for massive parties, late drinks and live music than better to find a massive hotel!

Also it is not a beach hotel, its a walking distance from the beach. But it was what we wanted.

We loved Kos. A woman is the GODDESS on Kos, a woman with the CHILD is a Boss GODDESS. Your kids will love all the love and attention. And Greeks do it not because of the money we pay. Staff were as caring the first day as 5 minutes before our departure.

Manager Dimitris was a fab manager and English/Greek staff were amazing. The owner also had a drink and a chat with the guests to make us to feel wellcome. We loved the location - away from town centre and 10 min walk to the beach and town centre. We mainly used Baltic beach. Lovely restaurants on the way and best fish restaurants in town centre. Close by mini-markets with fresh food.

I read some complaints before bout the noise of motobikes till 4am. Please ask for room with window on the other side, But even with the window to a busy street you will be fine. We cannot blaim motobikes, those are the main transport in Kos. Trust me, we slept like babies.

Little advice: Please go to Volcano Island tour for a day or 3 island tour by boat. You can still sunbath on the boat:)) But do not make decision and PAY on the Fisrt day to your Tour Operator. We did. Only to find out that instead of 80 euros we could pay just 20
( and child free) from ANY boats in the harbour. Please have a walk along the Harbour on the first night and compare the prices.

Overall, I would recommed this hotel to everyone. And I did. But if you are looking for a massive entertainment, massive pools, live music and king size bathroom - Hotel Anastasia would be a bit too small and not rock-and-roll enough for you.

Have a great time and regards to Anastasis Hotel. If Id stay in Kos I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Rita M
near Birmingham
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Simply the best! Just the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The location is perfect, not too close to the hustle and bustle of the centre, but still only 10 mins walk from the beach and the delightful harbour with all its restaurants and shops. and if you want to see the ancient temple of healing (the Asklepion), it is a pleasant walk away. The whole hotel was freshly painted, well maintained and so clean you could eat off the floor. The breakfast (included in the price) was a gourmet buffet with such things as home-made bread and chocolate cookies as well as boiled eggs, ham, cheese, delicious creamy yohurt, home-made jam and marmalade, cereal, toast and latte or cappucino coffee. We couldn't eat for the rest of the day!

Its all the little things that count. For instance, i can't eat wheat and when the nice breakfast lady found out she did her best to provide all sorts of things instead. And the night receptionist opened the bar to get me a glass of wine when we arrived from England well after midnight and I needed a drink! The owner is called Dimitris and he looks like George Clooney with longer hair and a bomber jacket. The reception staff are Betty and Chloe. Both have so much local knowledge and speak better English than me.

I would say very safe for young children, the pool area seemed very secure.
The pool side bar and lounge were comfortable...I could go on and on, it was all perfect!
It was so good, I nearly didn't write this review because if everyone new how good it is then it will get fully booked and we won't be able to get in again next year.

I can say without doubt that this hotel made our holiday the best possible and I can highly recommend it without hesitation! I only hope that I can get in next year now!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison C
walsall
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Told it was ok for families well it wasn’t just a load of mid twenties making loads of noise manly at night banging doors that kind of think.
Probly be ok if your young and want to get pissed all the wile but I wont go back Anastasia Hotel.
p.s me and my partner only sleept there we spent most of our time down the Bahamas Hotel round the corner great there it was.

• Liked — nout
  • Disliked — to small
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Kos Town hotels

glasgow
Reviewed 28 March 2008

we stayed at this hotel in September 205 and 2006, excellent friendly staff, clean rooms, pool and bar area are great, loved it so much we're going back again this year. Only 1 point is the continental breakfast, but there are many places near the hotel who do breakfasts. I would recomment this hotel to all my friends and the ones I haven't met yet. Strangers are only friends you haven't met yet. Kos has a great harbour area and a variety of eating places.

• Liked — friendly staff and cleanliness
  • Disliked — continental breakfast
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kos Town
#32 of 48 in Kos Town
Maritina Hotel
Maritina Hotel
#33 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Anastasia Hotel? Share your experiences!