“A nice resort”
Review of Triton Hotel

Triton Hotel
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Hello. Me and my wife have been in Kos this year, in june; it was our honeymoon.
We have paid bad&breakfast at Triton Hotel for 7 nights.
Triton is a very nice hotel, situated in Kos town, near the port area. We liked the resort and the staff, and we enjoied the fact that we had acces to all the city facilities at any time.
I've liked Triton Hotel because :
* it it a very clean resort;
* it was near to the center of the town, and other stuffs (bars, tavernas, night clubs, etc)
* the price paid included the air conditioned, the safe box, a fridge (with mini bar); a TV; the towels were changed every day, and the sheets at 2-3 days;
* it has a modern furniture with all the stuffs you could need;
* the breakfast was ok, with plenty of choices;
* in june it was not very crowdly;
I didn't like Triton Hotek because :
* the rooms were a little bit tight;
* the hotel is right next to one of the main streets - it is a noisy place, although if you close the balcony door, it's fine;
* the rooms are not very sounproofing; at night, we could hear very clear our neighbours taking a shower, etc.

The conclusion is that Triton is a nice place to stay, a bit luxurious, affordable for everyone, with an excellent sight over the Egean Sea (from the balcony I could see Bodrum - Turkey). We recomend it for everyone .

Room Tip: the sea view rooms are quite noisy
4  Thank Gabitzu8400

Reviewed 12 July 2011

The room and balcony were very nice. It was roomy, clean, and quiet even though we had a street side room. The view was the harbor, beach, and Turkey's lights in the distance. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful and the breakfast was good with a lot of choices. I would take this as a reasonable b&b anywhere for the price.
Kos as a island was the least favorite on our 18 day trip unless all you want is beach time with sun. I can see why one of their main things to do on Kos is a neighboring three island tour.

2  Thank aircsi
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here twice overnight before and after a trip to the Dodecanese islands. The hotel is excellently sited for the catamaran to the islands being about 15 mins. walk from the ferry terminal. The young lady receptionist speaks perfect English and is exceptionally helpful. The Avanti restaurant is adjacent to the hotel. We dined there twice and both times were delighted with the service and quality of food. The menu is Italian and pizzas are cooked in a wood fired oven. Altogether a very good find. We shall certainly stay there again en route for the Dodecanese catamaran.

1  Thank IrinaBirmingham
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Good location, nice view but small hotel, very small rooms and the breakfast was very poor. And they charge me 2€ for a small Greek coffee at the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank Ms_VanDeSteven
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel and I am really glad I did. It has a perfect location: in the middle of the Kos town, right a few steps away from the beach, from your room you get to the beach/water in less than a minute. The hotel serves perfect breakfast with plenty of things to choose from - whether you are on a diet or healthy diet or not - everything you need you can find here! Delicious greek food and cakes. Just perfect!
The double room was very big and clean with free air conditioning and fridge, free safe deposit box, lovely balcony with table and chairs, cable Tv, internet in the lobby. Great restaurant at ground floor and lovely tavernas around. The hotel has a great garden and a park across the street - great for when it is warm. In about 10-15 minutes you can get to the harbour for catching a boat to Bodrum or just roaming around greek islands.Choose this hotel! You will be happy with your choice!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank deliamihail
Reviewed 26 April 2011

After I read all those positive stories about the Triton Hotel I didn't hesitate and booked a few nights at the Triton.
The same day we checked in, I asked if we could cancel the reservation for the second night because it was one big disappointment.

The room was small and I couldn't move in the badroom without bumping myself. And I'm not big. So, let's not talk about my boryfriend who is almost 1.90 m.
The wall had several cracks and pieces of the wall came off.
I had yellow stains in my sheets. And if I hate something then it is not having clean white sheets.
The towels turned grey (instead of being white) and if they were mine I had already used them as a cloth.
On top of it all, it is a very noisy hotel. You can hear everything is said, when passing by.

The last comment I find on the site is from september 2010. I don't know what happened in the meantime and it is a pity the hotel is in this state at the moment, because it's location is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NCDutrieux
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We spent 4 nights at the Triton Hotel in Kos in October 2010. We were welcomed with smiles and because there were a few vacant rooms the lady at the reception gave us some keys to choose the room that really suited us.
Besides the nice views from our little balcony, seeing the ferries coming and going and the lights opposite in Turkey, the hotel had recently been renovated and it was extremely clean and pleasant to stay in. The pieces of furniture seemed to be new and the style of the room the best for what we paid. There is not a swimming pool in the premises, but I don’t think one needs it if he can have the beach across the road.

The people are the reception beyond expectation friendly and Katya was the one who mostly suggested places not to be missed. The location was the very best, centrally located and one or twice we had dinner at the Avanti restaurant which mostly had Italian cuisine. We had pizzas and pasta. Breakfast was adequate.

There were other hotels that we came across on the island as we were touring around but I kept telling my husband that the one we have picked was the very best and I would not change it even if we were given the opportunity to stay at a 5* hotel on another side of the island.
I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask to be given a room that overlooks the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
#31 of 48 in Kos Town
Kosta Palace
Kosta Palace
#51 of 219 in Kos

Been to Triton Hotel? Share your experiences!