“Good hotel, great location in Kos”
Review of Triton Hotel

Triton Hotel
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Montreal, QC
“Good hotel, great location in Kos”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The Triton Hotel is located close to the port, easy walking distance, as well as to restos, stores and points of interest.

It is just across the street from a small sandy beach where it is possible to rent beach chairs at a reasonable price for the whole day. There is a great little pastry shop there which also sells ice cream, yogourt, coffee, liquor...very convenient.

The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is comparable to most small hotels...two hot dishes, cheese, cold cuts, cereals, great breads, yogourt, fresh fruit, canned fruit, etc.

Some of the double rooms are very small, so you should verify what you are getting. The staff was very good in describing what was available on the seaside of the hotel. We had a larger double and our friends had a very small double.

The WIFI works very well in the lobby. There is a nice terrace outside on the side street which provides shade, comfortable chairs with tables. Although it was hot while we were there in September, there was a breeze on the terrace.

The elevator is very small and smells bad...not because it is dirty, I think it gets smells from the kitchen.

The staff were pleasant and helpful. We had our small dog with us and that was not a problem.

We would return to Triton if we go back to Kos.

Room Tip: Rooms on seaside can be noisy but when you close the patio door, you sleep very well. Air conditioni...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeltaDawn2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Planning vacation at Kos, finding the right hotel only by Internet, seemed to me like a big challenge, since this task is different if you are looking after a hotel in a big city like London or Rome, and different if it's at an island of the south east Aegean. I mean that if you don't decide to stay at a 4-5 star big hotel complex and start wondering about the three stars (and below) "offers", things then may vary between absolute mediocre ("we only want this thing to sleep for a while and nothing more") and all things that are worse than that.

Fortunately, Triton hotel proved to be a pleasant surprise to me and was better than what I expected-although I have to admit that I didn't have big expectations.

I'll start over by the hotel's location. You will find the hotel at a very convenient spot, practically just near the city centre. Old town is only 5 minutes away on foot, and generally you will need no car or anything else to navigate through Kos town. Furthermore, the hotel is located near a small square full of nice, tall trees (planes, I think) and it also faces the sea-which is quite good-even if you don't have a room on this side of the hotel. Overally, you'll notice that, sensibly speaking, the location couldn't be better.

The hotel is a decent three star, and no conversation has to be made about that. The staff were very polite, professional enough (another thing I wasn't expecting) and very helpful-I have no complains at all. You will see in every single person of the hotel's stuff, from the girls at the breakfast room to the people at the reception, that everyone cares a lot about the hotel and it's customers. And things like that are very important-they make you pay less attention to things that in any other case would disturb you.

I have to notice though, some negative stuff, like the room's size-our room was a double one with an extra bed, but it was small for either 2 or 3 persons. Apart from that, I would like some extra care on the shampoos and the soaps delivery (and also the take away of the old ones).

The breafast was the richest I ever had at a three star hotel. The girls of the breakfast room are doing their very best, they will surely steal your heart with their politeness and strong efforts-although the hotel's owners may have to hire some extra stuff since there is way too much work to be done.

Overall, I would strongly recommend this hotel for anybody visiting Kos and wants to stay in Kos town. It's an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank jklivintraveller
Brasov
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Hello. Me and my wife have been in Kos this year, in june; it was our honeymoon.
We have paid bad&breakfast at Triton Hotel for 7 nights.
Triton is a very nice hotel, situated in Kos town, near the port area. We liked the resort and the staff, and we enjoied the fact that we had acces to all the city facilities at any time.
I've liked Triton Hotel because :
* it it a very clean resort;
* it was near to the center of the town, and other stuffs (bars, tavernas, night clubs, etc)
* the price paid included the air conditioned, the safe box, a fridge (with mini bar); a TV; the towels were changed every day, and the sheets at 2-3 days;
* it has a modern furniture with all the stuffs you could need;
* the breakfast was ok, with plenty of choices;
* in june it was not very crowdly;
I didn't like Triton Hotek because :
* the rooms were a little bit tight;
* the hotel is right next to one of the main streets - it is a noisy place, although if you close the balcony door, it's fine;
* the rooms are not very sounproofing; at night, we could hear very clear our neighbours taking a shower, etc.

The conclusion is that Triton is a nice place to stay, a bit luxurious, affordable for everyone, with an excellent sight over the Egean Sea (from the balcony I could see Bodrum - Turkey). We recomend it for everyone .

Room Tip: the sea view rooms are quite noisy
4 Thank Gabitzu8400
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The room and balcony were very nice. It was roomy, clean, and quiet even though we had a street side room. The view was the harbor, beach, and Turkey's lights in the distance. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful and the breakfast was good with a lot of choices. I would take this as a reasonable b&b anywhere for the price.
Kos as a island was the least favorite on our 18 day trip unless all you want is beach time with sun. I can see why one of their main things to do on Kos is a neighboring three island tour.

2 Thank aircsi
Birmingham
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here twice overnight before and after a trip to the Dodecanese islands. The hotel is excellently sited for the catamaran to the islands being about 15 mins. walk from the ferry terminal. The young lady receptionist speaks perfect English and is exceptionally helpful. The Avanti restaurant is adjacent to the hotel. We dined there twice and both times were delighted with the service and quality of food. The menu is Italian and pizzas are cooked in a wood fired oven. Altogether a very good find. We shall certainly stay there again en route for the Dodecanese catamaran.

1 Thank IrinaBirmingham
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Good location, nice view but small hotel, very small rooms and the breakfast was very poor. And they charge me 2€ for a small Greek coffee at the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank Ms_VanDeSteven
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel and I am really glad I did. It has a perfect location: in the middle of the Kos town, right a few steps away from the beach, from your room you get to the beach/water in less than a minute. The hotel serves perfect breakfast with plenty of things to choose from - whether you are on a diet or healthy diet or not - everything you need you can find here! Delicious greek food and cakes. Just perfect!
The double room was very big and clean with free air conditioning and fridge, free safe deposit box, lovely balcony with table and chairs, cable Tv, internet in the lobby. Great restaurant at ground floor and lovely tavernas around. The hotel has a great garden and a park across the street - great for when it is warm. In about 10-15 minutes you can get to the harbour for catching a boat to Bodrum or just roaming around greek islands.Choose this hotel! You will be happy with your choice!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
#7 of 48 in Kos Town
Alexandra Hotel
Alexandra Hotel
#86 of 217 in Kos

Been to Triton Hotel? Share your experiences!