“Nice location, average hotel”
Review of Maritina Hotel

Maritina Hotel
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Kos Town
Ankara
“Nice location, average hotel”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We've stayed at Maritina for 2 weeks during August. This hotel deserves an "average" score by all means, except for the location. It is very close to the city center, and to our most favorite restaurant in Kos, which is Ali.

If you are in Kos for a sea-sand-sun type of holiday, and have kids, the best beach you will find around is Paradise (we've visited nearly all other beaches on the island, and I can guarantee that this is the best one), which is very close to Kefalos, but it takes a 40 min drive from Maritina Hotel to reach there. We didn't know that and we had to travel that road every single day, back and forth. Other than that, the location of the hotel is nearly perfect.

I can not easily say that the hotel is clean, and the services are perfect. We had to ask the reception several times to get our bed sheets to be changed, or the floor of the room to be wiped regularly. We even had to ask to get our shower jel to be re-filled. But the staff is helpful.

The breakfast is terrible. If you will stay at this hotel, just pay for the room, and have your breakfast wherever else you can.

The rooms are small, and the beds are not comfortable. But the utitlities are ok. The air-conditioning is perfect. The elevator is terrible.

After our unplanned and long lasting experience in Kos island, I can confidently say that it is a place that you must stay for only 1 or 2 days; even a daily visit will be enough.

The last point is, the restaurants in Kos are really expensive for such a service level and quality. The only restaurant that deserves a 5 star is Ali. You can have the best local food there, with reasonable prices; but don't forget to make a reservation before you go.

Room Tip: I never give staff names in my reviews, but Katerina deserves an exception, and she is the best pers...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank AlpBot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reading
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed three nights in July 2013 in an emergency situation following my wife needing to be admitted to the main hospital in Kos Town whilst on vacation.
The hotel is the nearest to the hospital (80m) and the receptionists were very sympathetic as I did not know how long I would be staying, so they gave me an open-ended reservation at a reduced cost.
The hotel itself is a well maintained in a good position for the shops and harbour etc. It has a mix of clientele - at breakfast, there are business people dressed formally sat next to holiday makers in swimwear & arm-bands!
I would recommend especially if you had the misfortune to need to stay near the the medical centres in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CradsonHols
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2013

In a Very convenient distance to main bus terminal and old town, Maritina hotel is a good choice when visiting Kos. The breakfast buffet is good. The price level is right and the rooms are clean. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TrWorldTraveler
Chania Greece
Reviewed 16 May 2013

located in the center of the city of Kos, is a good option for a short trip. in close distance you may visit all the important monuments, argheological sites and the market of course. Clean and abient roomd (except the bathroom that was rather small, but well equipped). friendly staff

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Emmanouil K
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The hotel is located in a very central location, 5 min. away by walk to the center, stores and points of interest.
The rooms are a little small but very comfortable and clean with a very powerfull a/c (helpful during the hot summer), a small bathroom and a balcony. The wifi works very well in the rooms and in all public areas.
The ladies at the front desc are very helpful.
The staff is very polite and everyone cares alot about it's customers. Especially I want to mention Nektarios and Kyriakos who are doing their best efforts to help you during your stay.
I stay at this hotel most times when visiting the island and every time I feel that I am in my home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ancient ruins are quieter than the others on the main road (El. Venizelou str.)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank vas08
isle of man
Reviewed 30 June 2012

we stayed here as they over booked us at sister hotel triton,i must say the staff were nice rooms were small but nice and modern and clean good location

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markgrant
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The hotel is very central (which does not mind at all), the island is so small.... Quite clean, I have to admit.

However, I didn't get a chance to sleep, after a really long day. The problem was that about 5:30 in the morning, I heard a really annoying sound. I could not understand what I was hearing and after calling the reception I found out that I was hearing the parrots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did something and the parrots stop for about an hour or so...

After a while the maid decided to clean the rooms next to mine. I could hear each and every closet door, opening and closing throughout the whole floor!!! Then she vacuumed! And she vacuumed outside my room, knocking my door!!!!

The breakfast was really poor... Really nothing to eat, even though I was downstairs at 8:30 in the morning!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

#62 of 218 in Kos
Alexandra Hotel
Alexandra Hotel
#85 of 218 in Kos

Been to Maritina Hotel? Share your experiences!