Club Med Cherating Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
3,119 results
All reviewszen poolspecial thankscircus teamrock climbingjungle walknoodle bartree top challengerembulan restaurantflying trapezecherating beachmain barchef de villagefriendly gosgreat holidaysports teamevening showsfun activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Went with my best friends to celebrate her hens party and the experience was awesome! special thanks to the following people:
- Oliver from zumba. Love his enthusiasm in all the classes he conducts and his sense of humour.
- Leon. love his patience with us and how he's always so nice and gentlemenly.
- Chin. thanks for always humouring us.
And many many others who made our experience so good! Thanks for the friendships forged! will probably never forget this AMAZING place! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cozl88
Reviewed 26 January 2014

we are a group of 5 girls who went here for my best friend's hen night. most of the staff was very very friendly to help us if we require anything and some of them went out of their way to make sure we have a great and fun time.

the facilities are slightly worn out but the brilliant staff companion and friendships we forged over our short stay there were way beyond expectations.

special thanks to the following staff that touches our heart and i will recommend you to look for them if you're not having a real fun time already:

oliver from zumba, body conditioning - you are the cutest and most talented staff we love to chat with!
leon, chin from sports team - thank you gentlemen for your generous help
zorro from sailing - thanks for playing with us at the bar and teaching us the infamous rope game
fun, lelynn from the shops - thanks for all your tips and playing with us!
banal, kenny, singh - thank you very much for putting the smile on our faces
joshua - thanks for all the chat & your help with the restaurant!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank laughsnorts
Reviewed 25 January 2014

With a family of 14, it is always going to be a challenge to find the 'one that works' for everyone.
Club Med Cherating Beach worked for everyone.

Great activities that are all put together and run by very accommodating and professionally minded people (GO's)
The shows were no Cirqed soleil and yet they were perfect.

The stand out of the trip was the people. All of them making every effort to help, increase fun, connect and more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Aaron M
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here last September, so this is a long overdue review. But I didn't want to rush it because our stay was so enjoyable and made extra special by many of the GOs. I wanted to take the time to remember and thank them all. We travelled from Australia to Cherating and this was our fifth Club Med Holiday, and our favourite so far. I will acknowledge that the resort is long overdue for renovation and the rooms are tired, but ours was clean and the one issue we had with our room was rectified by JuJu, the Acting Chief of the Village, by moving us to another room. The food was exceptional, even though we stayed 10 nights there was enough variety that we weren't bored by the end of this- Thank you Tisna, restaurant manager, for your detail and professionalism!

The thing we love about Club Med is the all-inclusive formula and the kids clubs, and the wonderful enthusiastic GOs who go out of their way to help you make the most of your holiday. This is true of all of them, but I would like to thank and mention some who were very special:

Karlien in Sports: was ultra friendly and did an amazing job in introducing me to yoga, and shared an incredible jungle walk with us- she became more friend than staff to my husband and I.
Leonor in kids club: went to a huge effort to make our younger daughter's 12th birthday extra-special and to make us very welcome every time she saw us.
Christina in teens club: became a mentor/friend to our two daughters, 12 and 14, and was always super friendly and encouraging to them.
Toby the Life Saver: who actually revived a drowning child in the pool whilst we were there (This was no fault of Club Med- the child was in the pool with his parents and siblings- but Club Med should make it their policy to provide counselling and debriefing to staff who go through such an emotional and stressful experience as part of their job). Toby managed to recover from this himself and is an amazing young man,
The Zen pool became my hide-away: an amazing child-free zone and thank you to Tatiana and CC for your help towards that, and what a lovely man Byron at the beach bar is!
Joel in water sports: was very enthusiastic and friendly and extremely helpful, as was Shane in sailing and Gavin the maintenance man.
The all-inclusive bar staff were great- thanks Tatiana (again) and Elyssa, Eric and Tiodor. Sareh and Sam in the restaurant were always there with a smile and helpful suggestion, and of course I can't forget the wonderful Fairy! I could go on and on but you get the picture!

I would suggest to anyone staying here to make the effort to visit the actual small village of Cherating- where you can have a wonderful Thai massage and buy some inexpensive souvenirs and have a drink at one of the rustic bars in town.Our kids also enjoyed the turtle sanctuary and the firefly excursion. We didn't find the monkeys a problem- as long as you adhered to the suggestions of the management and didn't leave food around, locked your doors etc. (Careful with leaving your washing/swimmers on your balcony though- tie them onto the line!) The rain forest walk to the Zen pool provides a great opportunity to see the more rare breed of monkeys and the lizards. We enjoyed this stay so much we tried to extend it by two nights on our last day but the airlines couldn't change our flights.
We are now contemplating our next Club Med holiday!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We went in a group of ten for a short holiday of two nights, having very high expectations for club med. when we arrived, i found out my room, 2153 had some complications here and there. The lights weren't working, the aircond wasn't as cold as I'd like it to be. The tv, oh god I haven't seen a tv that ancient in years. Don't let me get started on the channels. But I can tell you one thing, the GO's, the staffs they did make up all bad experiences that I had with my room. I have never encountered such friendly and attentive bunch of staffs in my travelling years. Except this particular receptionist that I talked to on the phone. Well let's put that aside. On the first day after I was so tired driving from KL to Cherating, I took a short nap and the. Went to the restaurant for dinner. The spread was fine, I don't really eat a lot of buffets, for fear of a bloated tummy lol. And then we went and saw the kid's show at the theatre. After that it was drinking and partying with my girlfriends. GOs joined us for drinks and we talked and danced and we actually had so much fun. I am sometimes an anti social but here, that definitely did not happen. The next day, we woke up early, had breakfast and then went to the Zen pool. The pool was not as big as I expected, not enough for me to do laps but enough for me to relax, have chit chats and drink with the girlfriends. We loved to lounge around at the open bar area too, because the huge sofas were so comfy. That night it was Michael Jackson's night and huge round of applause to GO David for his slick moves. He even danced with us at the bar and we had tons of fun. I will be ever grateful to him for cheering one of my friends up as she was feeling down at the time. Well this is becoming quite a long one so I'm gonna wrap it up. The rooms aren't five stars, but the staffs are. I will definitely go again for the GOs and the activities there. I enjoyed lounging around having drinks by the pool and some of my girlfriends enjoyed archery, zumba, tree top challenge, etc. There is something for everyone! And to the GM, Mr Eduardo, I must say, your daughter is such a sweetheart, we had fun playing with her. She was a total darling! Will definitely return. And guess what? I won't even mind returning to 2153

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends