Club Med Cherating Beach
Trip.com
US$48
US$45
  • Pool
Cukai View Hotel(Kemaman District)
US$29
Agoda.com
Skyview Hotel(Kemaman District)
US$30
US$29
Agoda.com
3,153 results
All reviewszen poolspecial thankscircus teamrock climbingjungle walknoodle bartree top challengerembulan restaurantflying trapezecherating beachmain barchef de villagefriendly gosgreat holidaysports teamevening showsfun activities
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I traveled to Club Med Cherating Beach three weeks ago and it was our second time there with our first almost six years ago. Well I must say this time was so much better. Chief Eduardo really made us feel welcome, as did all the GOs. They are so talented and their evening shows were amazing. A special thank you to the fantastic Restaurant staff in particular the Head Chef and his assistant, Joshua, who both made our stay so memorable. Their professionalism was outstanding and the food amazing. We were treated like royalty in their presence. The Zen pool was amazing and the Rambulan restaurant superb, in particular Joshua and Fairy, you're both wonderful!
We made lots of friends in the GOs as they are incredibly friendly and welcoming.
If the rooms were updated a little it would be the perfect holiday but certainly was very close to perfect. Thanks again all - we will certainly be back and miss you all!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki W
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The environment is very good. I'm very enjoy. All the G.O members are very friendly. Thank you to all the G.O members. The BAR team members are awesome, thank you all of you to let me have nice drinks. You all let me have a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Now before I start with my review, I would have rated Club Med 5 stars instead of 4 if it was not because of the unprofessional response from Reception... I personally work in Customer Service line so I know how to identify when I see a professional and sincer staff and I know how to identify a friendly tone as compare to unfriendly tone... that is my job and I have been giving training to others, making sure that our customers receive good customer experience.....

We went in a family of 5 last week and it was suppose to be belated Mother's Day gift from us to our beloved mother.... we had 3 rooms in total and I slept in one room by myself during the trip... it was a 4D3N trip and this was our 1st ever Club Med experience. I was the one who did all the research and planned the trip after having recommendation by 1 of my friend who visited that place last year....

Now overall the trip was great and it was true that friendly G.Os do indeed play an important part in your overall Club Med experience.... special thanks to the G.O Team that attended to us throughout our stay who made our stay special.... Mum loved the morning excersices, evening activities and we have never spent a day feeling bored in Club Med....

Quality food was offered to guests and there were so many varieties all day long... Although it was buffet style, the menu changes and you never get bored having to eat the same food...

Now the nightmare to our stay begun on the 3rd night of our stay before departuring... Because we were having so much fun in Club Med, we thought about extending our stay for 1 more night, well why not? Since we drove so far just to get here, money was not really a concern and we have expected that we may need to pay extra for the extention since it was a weekend... later in the evening, after we finished the day activities, I went back to my room and called reception to check whether was there any room availability on Saturday and asked whether was it possible to extend our stay while waiting for the others to prepare and shower... Guess what?!! I RECEIVED THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL answer from the G.O Shirley(French Lady). Exact words that Shirley quoted WITH AN UNFRIENDLY TONE :" WEREN'T YOU HERE JUST NOW CHECKING ASKING FOR INFORMATION AND CHECKING OUT THE PRICE?" I have not called to check and this is the first time I was asking about this... so of course I said "no"... And guess what was the epic answer from the Shirley... "OH! THEN IT MUST BE SOMEONE FROM YOUR FAMILY, I HAVE PROVIDED ALL THE INFORMATION AND PRICE, YOU CAN JUST CHECK WITH HER, IT MUST BE YOUR MUM THEN..." I was at the point of breaking when I heard that UNPROFESSIONAL answer.... OMG! Is this what I should expect from a world wide international organization?!! I have not done anything to be treated this way at all.... NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD I BEEN TREATED AND GIVEN RESPONSE FROM ANY HOTEL RECEPTION and yet I experienced this FROM CLUB MED!! In my heart, I was thinking, what if it was another Malaysian/Asian guest calling to ask? Is this the service level that tgey will receive as well? it was such a disappointment and although information was provided later over the phone after I asked nicely (bear in mind, I was at the point of breaking!!) There was no apology from the consultant, basically there was just nothing!!! She just responded in an unfriendly tone and I felt as though she was annoyed when giving out the information.... maybe because we were Asian or Malaysian, that was exactly how I felt.... Due to the response, I had totally lost interest in extending my stay because it felt as though you have to beg for an extention night.... I read reviews and done my research prior to this trip and now I know why some Asians/Malaysians said they were being treated differently (No offence to other travellers)

Now there was another reason as to why I was unhappy with the reception. Later in the evening in the same day and the afternoon before departure we met the Reception Manager MoMo and he apologized to us when he heard what happened and he mentioned to my mum that he would send us an email.... now I know it was one of his responsibility as the Receptuon Manager if a staff screws up so I didn't make a fuss talk about it anymore BUT as a manager if you said you were going to do something, please act accordingly to what you have promised.... its been 1 week since our trip now, and I have seen NOTHING... no follow ups, no emails, Zero! Please do not say things just to suppress dissatisfaction and if you can't deliver what you have promised, you are just putting your resort and reputation at stake because this shows how unprofessional the resort is taking feedback and complaints from guests...

Well, my word of advise to all travellers, overall you will most probably enjoy your trip in Club Med BUT DO NOT EXPECT MUCH FROM RECEPTION AT ALL, in my opinion, they just DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL... they are just there do do their JOB nothing else... unlike other G.Os that enjoys their daily Tasks, make friends and have fun with you....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
16  Thank DreamTraveller21
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was there 3 weeks back. It's actually my company's trip. My friends and I had an extremely good time....we enjoyed ourselves to the max. We had team building which was organized well. Mr Radhames one of the GO's was so entertaining and his nick name is Susie. He's such a wonderful person to be with. As for the rest of the GO's they were also very friendly and helpful. Food was good.... Too many choices.
I am planning another trip next month to club med. I don't know who can I speak to, to get a good rate. This trip is specially for, Radhames....... I miss him so much and he's a good dancer. I wish to have a slow dance with him. I'm planning to come with my friends. Please I hope I can get a good price. Here's my email add shar.ramanathan@erm.com

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lovely7521
Reviewed 18 May 2014

What a wonderful renewed experience. This is the third time my wife and I experience Club Mad (This time in Malaysia – Cherating Beach).
From where to start? This is the question! A special thank first of all to Eduardo Rojas. His sonriente face … particularly at the entrance of the restaurant at lunch time … was inviting like a sabroso appetizer!
I would need a book to list all the happy moments we spent with the Club assistants; a team well aimed at the guest’s comfort, as it was seasoned with that touch of fondness that makes you to feel the only one; the guest of honour.
From the people at the entrance, the bar attendants, to the pool, the restaurant, the room’s keepers, the gym - sports and excursions people and, least but not last the entertainment team – which was the combined effort of them all, made us to feel pleasantly at home. (Brother Selkuk and Angelina among all the others)
Though not really impressed by the room and buildings with their look of antique magic halo like a leap in the past, we were instead impressed with the dressing sheet of our bed. Elephants … swans … dogs … butterflies … all made with towels. And flowers drawings, all made by leaves! A works of artists indeed! Even though being mature people, we felt as we were in our honeymoon. Well done JP and your team!
What should we say … guys all around the world … Club Med is really worth a visit.

Gennaro and Pina

Room Tip: The rooms are not as good as I hoped. But the charm of timber and old fashioned style are still of importance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple