Club Med Cherating Beach
Agoda.com
US$48
US$45
  • Pool
Cukai View Hotel(Kemaman District)
US$29
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
3,153 results
All reviewszen poolspecial thankscircus teamrock climbingjungle walknoodle bartree top challengerembulan restaurantflying trapezecherating beachmain barchef de villagefriendly gosgreat holidaysports teamevening showsfun activities
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our sixth club med and our second time at cherating and once again it delivered everything we expected. The food was wonderful and there was such a great range. The special thing about club meds though are the friendliness, the dedication and the special attention of the staff.......the dessert server knew and remembered only after 2 days my favorite desert....crepes.... The fruit man would go and find me lychees even when they weren't out on display.... The barmen knew my favorite cocktails.....it just goes on. The activities day and night were full on but only as much as you want them to be and the quiet adult only pool was blissful. My daughter loved mini club so much that she rarely wanted to go out with us or eat with us!!! To me that says everything.

There is only one criticism I could make re cherating and that is smoking is allowed in common areas. If that was attended to it would be almost perfect.

I fine club med resorts easy and wonderfully relaxing holidays anyway but cherating is worth the visit.

Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My family and I travelled to Cherating from 31.5.2014 till 3.6.2014. We enjoyed our stay here very much especially due to the entertainment, friendly and talented GO's. My kids love the pools there and the beach at Rembulan. As for me, I love the green surroundings of the entire village and the entertainment. Not forgetting the outdoor activities. I wish to thank specially to Mr. JP, Mr. Singh, Mr.Badal, Mr. Ardy, Ms. Revathi and a few others who the names I could not recall, who made our stay an enjoyable and fun one. I would recommend Cherating as one of the best family holiday destination in Malaysia. The rooms we stayed at " Monyet" are good. House Keeping were good and excellent!

Room Tip: Get rooms at the "Monyet" area coz was in good condition and no Norish. But it is a long walk to the lobby. Generally good! No idea on the others.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We (2 adults and 2 kids age 8 and 10) were at Club Med Cherating from 22 to 27 Jun 2014, and were giving the Club Med experience a try for the 1st time. And boy were we hooked on this Club Med thingy after 5 days!

First, the rooms were indeed in a rather sorry state, as per the candid comments by others, i.e. air-conditioning was weak, thereby requiring the a supplemental standing fan in the room, a couple of lights in the room were not working, bedsheets were not changed for the entire stay, a CTV instead of a LCD/LED TV(in times like this!), etc. Then again, I understand the place will be going for a major overhaul soon, so think this area will get better.

Food-wise, although there were repetitions, the spreads were decent and the quality was reasonable during our stay - in any case, it's hard to imagine one stuffing himself/herself silly for every meal just because the meals are served buffet-style. Just go for the daily highlights, e.g. foie gras, giant prawn, turkey, steak, tempura . Give the apple and orange juice (except the breakfast ones hich tasted better) a miss too, as the coffee and beer are a much better choice to wash down the food. Do give the Rambulan dinner a try as u will get to dine in fine style and away from the buffet crowd.

So why were we still hooked even though the rooms and to a lesser extent, the food weren't great? Like the rest who have commented, the magic is in the GOs. To be frank, our plan for this trip was to drop the kids with the GOs, so that we can have 5 days of peace and laziness. However, by the end of the stay, after trying out/experiencing all the activities, nighly shows and interactions with the GOs, let's just say my family and I had a bit more bounce/dance in our lives from now on, and we will always remember them for being very professional during the day, and letting us see their fun side at night . : - ). Kudos to the following GOs who had made our stay a truly unforgettable one: Bosco (humble, frank, and made us felt very comfortable with the whole stay), Eden(a fantastic dancer who gave me and my wife personal Zumba lessons and definitely not a shy person), the sailing (and hopefully water skiing also in near future) team (Zorro, Mike and Angelina) who got us hooked on sailing, Allyn and the Mini Kids Club (my kids can't stop talking about their performance at the Ohana Mini Club show), April (thanks for showing us the finer skills of archery), Ashraf (chicky costume) and Jake for the tree-top challenges and Indra (you're a great bartender and thanks for the drinks).

if you're expecting great rooms and food, this place may not be well up to ur mark. But if it's experience and something to help u make some changes/get some zest to ur life, do give this place a try.

2  Thank 80smusicfan
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were in Club Med Cherating recently to celebrate my birthday and I must say that my family had loads of fun during our three day getaway to the East Coast. Firstly, I must agree with most of the travellers here that the rooms are just plain hideous!! Certainly not worth the money that you would spend on such a vacation. They look incredibly old and tired. I personally do not think they have ever been refurbished since 1979 the year they started the Club here in Malaysia. But then again, it could just be their ploy to get you out of your room and enjoy the multiple activities and facilities that they have on the property. Seriously, nobody stays in their rooms when you at a Club Med. It is merely a place for you to wash up and crash out after a long day of activities and a hard night of partying! And boy did we party although the kids (8 and 5) weren't game to stay up till 2am! So majority of all that money that you just spent goes to the activities and facilities that the Club offers to its guests. Our typical day at the Club starts around 7.30am. Everyone's awake and ready to head out for their buffet breakfast at the Mutiara Restaurant. There were many choices on the menu buffet to cater to its international guests and the best thing is the menu varies each day! After that, we drop off the kids and their backpacks at the Ohana Mini Kids Club at around 9am. There is a wide range of activities at the Kids Club which cater to kids in different age groups and these activities vary each day as well. My son and daughter learned archery, had fun in the pool and the trapeze, built sandcastles, drew and coloured pictures, and just basically enjoyed themselves together with GOs who were looking after them until 5pm which was the pick up time. So what do we adults do in the meantime? We chilled by the pool or by the Orchid Bar, downing cocktails, snacks and drinks through out the day. I went for a very relaxing spa at the Mandara Spa Centre which overlooks the South Chinese Sea. We tried out the gym, games room and by evening, we collected the kids and had our buffet dinner at the same restaurant. The nights are the highlights of our stay at the Club. The multi talented GOs put together different and spectacular performances each night and encourage adults and children alike to join them in their nightly ritual dances. After that it was party time at the beach. They put up spectacular fireworks and guests were handed champagne and multitude of drinks to dance and party the night away. It was just surreal.

The experience has now fuelled my desire to try out the top Club Meds in the region especially in Bali and Maldives but I wouldn't mind coming back to the one in Cherating since we had so much fun as a family!

Room Tip: None - I believe the quality of all the rooms are the same
Reviewed 28 June 2014

unfortunately I did not enjoy Club Med Cherating as much as I wish I could as I was unwell for both nights, so I spent most of my time sleeping in the room, I must say I am well rested.

Positive comments :
-We still have good and very relaxing time despite me being unwell, thanks for JP, Kemy, Youseff, Kitchen crew, cleaning staffs, restaurant crews, bar crews........Thanks for trying your best to make sure we are well taken care off.
-quiet beach and zen pool.
- secluded location
- sea view room

Not so positive
- Not all GOs are friendly, seems the GOs are friendly towards their own nationality or language.
- Those at the reception were not as friendly and we were brought to our room by a sweet intern, too bad she could not provide us with information regarding activities and locations since she is new. It was our first time, so we were a bit lost.

2  Thank 596redwine