“A piece of paradise!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cherating
Amelia's Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 11 Cherating B&B and Inns
Portland
“A piece of paradise!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had a wonderful time in Cherating and felt like part of the family. I had a great time playing with the boys and evening discussions with Amelia and Amie. I slept well thanks to the air conditioning. The food was excellent. Short, pleasant walk to the beach where I saw beautiful sun rises and sunsets.
I will stay there again if I return to Malaysia

• Stayed February 2014
AmeliasGuesthouse, Owner at Amelia's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for visiting us at Amelia's Guesthouse. We enjoyed your company very much and loved it that you had fun playing with the boys. Please come again and enjoy a meal with us.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family have travelled to Cherating many times over the years and seen most accommodation go downhill over the years so we were thrilled when we found Amelia's Guesthouse on our recent visit in February. You just HAVE to stay here as there is nowhere else in Cherating where you will have such kind people looking after you as here!
Much as I love Malaysia a lot of the accommodation is quite run down but this is a refreshing change as it has recently been converted for accommodation and it is super clean, great air-con, wi-fi that actually works at a fast speed and loads of spaces to relax. We loved chilling on the patio and it's just a couple of minutes walk to the beach and shops so very handy.

I love the fact that you are staying with local people (Amie is Malay and Amelia is American that being said) and they went out of their way to look after us. They are really interesting people too and knowledgeable about so many things we spent ages enjoying their company.
We even had amazing home cooked Malay food at their place - Amie was a chef in America so it was just a treat to have his food. My husband reckoned it was the best food he had eaten in all of Malaysia and the breakfast is to die for.
They know all the places to go and were just so helpful to us it was a delight. Our two teenage kids really enjoyed staying there as well and said it felt like home. If you want to go somewhere where you don't feel like just another tourist but someone special then this is the place to be. The only problem we had was that we didn't want to leave! This is a special place and we had lots of laughs, great food and fun. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank skewers
AmeliasGuesthouse, Owner at Amelia's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
We're so happy that your family stayed with us here in Cherating. It was great hanging out with you and sharing life stories. Please do come again and stay longer next time!
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Cherating is a small beach town with tasty seafood restaurants, good beach, and friendly villagers as well as foreigners from everywhere. Since I was a woman traveling by myself I wanted safety, cleaniness, and comfort for a reasonable price plus a bit of friendliness and hospitality. Their delightful guest house was all of this plus more. Amelia's place was a short 10 min walk off of the main drag so it was much quieter (voices and motor bike sounds were minimal) than most of the places I looked at. Yet it was close enough to easily go to the beach or join the town life. I felt safe walking day or night. Arriving "home" I was always greeted by friendly faces...Amelia, Amie, and their 2 quiet sons (10 and 2). Amie is Malay and Amelia is from California so English and Malay are spoken fluently by each....both are travelers and great cooks. They owned their own restaurant in Cherating and were cooks in the States....interesting, versatile couple around 45 years of age. I caught a cold and Amelia took care of me as she is also an acupuncturist and herbalist. Amie fed me ......I loved his cooking and he turned me on to some exotic fruit and told me about fishing there. We watched some interesting movies when they weren't answering my questions about Malaysia, its culture, and where to visit in Malaysia and Indonesia. Internet is fast and rooms had good air conditioning which is important. I especially liked sitting out on the porch in the evening looking at the coconut trees or for my reading time (Amelia had some good books). Boys were quiet as well as respectful....they even had their own house for playing in next door. Showers were hot and house was tastefully decorated....modern. Don't miss staying there! Only one risk.... you won't want to leave to go back home or to keep traveling as Amelia's guesthouse is so comfortable with nice people near by you.
Sandhya......Maui, Hawaii.....manager of a guest house

Room Tip: Speak with Amelia when booking and tell her your sleeping needs as she is very good at putting you w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MauiSandhya
AmeliasGuesthouse, Owner at Amelia's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
So happy to hear that you enjoyed our guesthouse and Cherating overall. Thank you so much for sharing your review of Amelia's Guesthouse. We hope that you come again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great place. Squeaky-clean. Close to transport but quiet. No karaoke! Let them set you up with turtle or firefly watching! Run by a very cool Ameri-laysian couple - they've guesthoused around the world so they know how to run one. Beach three steps away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kenny K
Thanks for sharing a backpacker's perspective on our place. It was great to have you and hope you pass through again. Take care.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you want the simple East Coast Malaysia village family life but with globetrotter hosts, this is the place!

Amie and Amelia just converted their home to a guest house as they are staying put for a while to raise their two young boys. Rooms are basic and clean but with new airconditioning, toilets, showers and free wifi, it's great value for money. And they have a huge compound to relax if you are not out on the beach or doing activities.

The hosts know the area and the people well and gives great tips for travellers to Malaysia. They are very hospitable and make you feel like family with their boys.

I will recommend this place to travellers who want to get value for their money and have a home to come back to after a day out.

Siti

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Siti R
Thanks very much for your kind words about Amelia's Guesthouse. So glad that you enjoyed your time in Cherating and were able to relax. Please do come again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherating
Residence Inn Cherating
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Tanjung Inn
Tanjung Inn
#2 of 11 in Cherating

Been to Amelia's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!