“Wonderful location...”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lermoos
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful location...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here for a short break with friends and had a great time - the location is amazing with the mountains round the hotel and the fantastic interior decoration and design.

The rooms were clean, well appointed, lovely soft robes and fluffy slippers, amazing views from every window and quality bathrooms.

The food (we went half board) was excellent - dinner offered fabulous choice and quality and breakfast was expansive. The service was great and all the staff understood our pigeon German.

The spa was a fantastic retreat with indoor and outdoor pools, lots of seating areas, relaxation rooms and treatment spaces including sauna's, aromatherapy stream rooms and a huge jaccuzzi. The massages we had were perfect, but ask if you want a specific gender to do your massage - I had a male massuse and even though it was a great massage, it was a bit uncomfortable getting onto and off the bed in front of a random bloke! Also, some of the other guests were in the spa without swimming costumes (as they do in continental Europe) which you need to be aware of.

All in all, a great relaxing break with great food and in a fantastic location.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ljplanet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

awesome atmosphere, location and food. Romantic, relaxing and inspiring place to be, just at the bottom of Zugspitze!
I will definately come back there whenever I will be ready for Mohr. Wish to join?

Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

We upgraded to a Deluxe room which was quite lovely. The hotel is quite modern with a wood and stone finish. The pools were wonderful. The food was outstanding. I had several spa services. Both of the messages I had were not so great. My husband enjoyed his though. So the spa was a bit hit or miss. My only real complaint was that we had smokers next door and, therefore, kept our doors shut at night. The room got quite hot because there is no air conditioning. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

This hotel is highly recommended for a few days to relax your mind and body have amazing food, enjoy the beautiful nature and Spa. This hotel is highly recommended and my wife and I will surely return for a special occasion.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

I stayed with my sister for a weekend (Friday to Sunday to be exact) in the Mohr Life Resort. The hotel is easy to find and the village of Lermoos itself was bigger than expected (very nice people also in the shops etc., very guest-friendly). It is indeed a beautiful landscape. Not surprising to me as I come from Bavaria, Germany so I know the alps but it's really worth a trip every time I go back there. The arrival was good: every new guest is offered a glass of prosecco while the luggage is brought to the room. We were accompanied to our room (New Barock for 109 EURO p.person incl. all meals) and it was nice, with a balcony and - like nearly everywhere in the hotel - with the panoramic mountain view. The whole architecture is interesting if you like that combination of using traditional wooden elements in a very modern surrounding. I especially liked the subtle lightning which is very nice in the evening in the hotel bar.
I had a lomi-lomi massage booked for the first evening (I would rather have it on the 2nd day but they could not accomodate that date) and even if it was a nice 90 min treatment, I must say that I was quite embarrassed with the woman doing the massage: 2 times she said that it seemed that I was not relaxed ("seems you're still on the motorway") enough and in the end she recommended not having this kind of massage on the first day (that was what I had anyway planned!) and that I could try to "relax more next time". Which is really funny after several months of hard work and thus I did NOT expect to totally relax within 30 minutes or so...but obviously SHE did expect that...Not such a nice experience even if I am sure she did mean no harm...
I had another treatment on Sunday (Shiatsu) and this was really great...the young man doing the Shiatsu is very friendly and he really is very professional. So that made up for the other treatment.
Food for breakfast was excellent (e.g. fresh made Palatschinken (pancakes) and a large selection of everything...Dinner was very good, too, just what you can expect from a 4star hotel. We had a very good bottle of wine which we could not finish the 1st evening and could continue the next one. Service was o.k., the staff is really quite young but they were quite ambitious and so it was better than expected (after reading reviews of it).
The spa area is very nice but I didn't like the fact that the sauna area only opens at noon and closes at 8 p.m. Even if you can go for walks and do all sorts of activities, a hotel dedicated to wellness should really offer longer opening hours. Everything was clean and we really had plenty of space everywhere. Even on Saturday the saunas sometimes were empty and there was no problem to find free lounge areas etc. Maybe it's more crowded in winter. The things I did not like: They did not turn on the whirlpool and it was not possible to find service staff to ask for it and my sister had to ask for new towels and it took her 20 minutes to find someone. If you like sauna a lot, you have the beautiful panoramic view in the Finnish sauna and the "Kräutersauna" (with herbs) which is rather small and dark, but quite cosy. You also have 2 steam baths, but quite small.
All in all a very nice location and I will certainly remember the beautiful view on the mountains for a long time and also try to come back there.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank minnie37
München
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2008

Great resort with amazing interiors and exceptional views of the Zugspitze. The place has recently been renovated, most of the facilities are brandnew and very, very stylish, some of the smaller rooms however still reveal what the hotel looked like before. The spa is the main attraction, and justifiably so, with a well fitted sauna area, great pools and luxurious lounges. What's really special about the spa is that most areas cater with great views of the Zugspitze. The main pool and even one of the saunas have glass walls allowing direct views to the mountains. Food is okay, staff is reasonably friendly. Great value for money!

• Liked — The gorgeous spa and its views to the Zugspitze
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Ferien_now
israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2006

I have been with my family for 5 days. big room' very good food and nice spa. Its a good deal for the noney.

Stayed January 2006
2 Thank DANLEVE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lermoos
Hotel Post
#3 of 11 in Ehrwald
AQUA DOME Hotel
AQUA DOME Hotel
#3 of 9 in Langenfeld

Been to Hotel MOHR life resort? Share your experiences!