All reviews room was clean and comfortable greeted by friendly staff pudding lovely hotel lovely food friday evening on arrival a lovely stay steak high standard facebook
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We booked a few rooms for a family weekend away.They all had big furniture , big beds ,good mattresses and adequate showers. They were clean enough and quiet. Parking was an issue as the hotel hasn’t got a car park but you have to use the supermarket car park, behind but download app and top it up. Breakfast was an issue for the vegetarian who asked for mushrooms on toast...but surprised kitchen sent this out made us laugh !.. we drank in the bar which was pleasant enough .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew12031957
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights recently on a B&B basis. Hotel is centrally located in town centre, strangely adjacent to two Supermarkets, one upmarket, one downmarket, Waitrose and Lidyl to be exact. Accommodation was very good indeed - a spacious, nicely decorated airy room with comfortable bed, modern bathroom and large wall mounted TV. Slept well overnight but there was some traffic noise in the morning.Only thing lacking was decent toilet roll, that provided being very cheap and nasty indeed.Sadly, breakfast on the first morning was pretty dire. Poorly laid out buffet, teabag in shallow teacup - does not work - and no waste bin for used bits and pieces, fruit juice not on show - you have to ask, but good when you get it. Cooked element served on cold plate - should never happen - ingredients, poor quality and quickly cold. These are all basic mistakes and easily rectified. To be fair, later efforts showed marginal improvement - but the damage was done - and I never dined there at night as a result. Overall good room and central location made it good value for money but would I stay again? Sadly no - not until breakfast problems are addressed and sorted out.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank robert s
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We came in for lunch during the street fair, there seemed to be an awful lot of staff in the place I only saw one other customer in the restaurant but a huge group of staff who were very loud; all being very young I think they were excited about the fair. We ordered a children’s meal and two fish and chips, when the food came out I thought they’d given us all children’s meals by mistake the portions were so small; in fact my toddlers meal had more food than ours. Had about 7 chips stacked into a little box. Must say though it was delicious and the staff were friendly when serving. Being very British I didn’t moan at the time but we did have to go and get more food after as we were still hungry, and we’re not a big fat family either!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

My Mum and I stayed here for 3 nights last week, we were visiting my Aunt who is unwell and lives just down the road so the location was excellent. Luckily we could park at her apartment as the hotel has no parking.
My Mum had phoned the hotel to see what dates were available and was told the 29-31st August were free, to book with them the total cost would have to be paid but if we booked on-line we could just reserve the room with the credit card, which I did. I printed off the reservation confirmation.
When we arrived at the hotel we told that the dates we had booked weren't on their computer but the 31st Aug/1/2nd Sept were instead.
The receptionist was very apologetic and offered us another room which was totally unsuitable as we had booked a twin bedded room and we were offered a double room with a 4 poster bed. They also told us that this room would be dearer, although we asked if we could have it at the original price. In the end we accepted the room at the dearer price, and they offered to put a Z bed up in the room.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and after all it wasn't their fault.
Being an old building there is no lift and the two flights of stairs up to the rooms were quite steep with very deep steps which my Mum who is 84 found a little difficult.
The furnishings were lovely, bathroom was clean and had everything we needed.
Breakfasts were exactly what we wanted, plenty of tea, coffee and fruit juice. Choice of bread for toast and we could pick whatever combination we wanted from the full English breakfast, which arrived nicely served and hot.
We would stay here again but my advice, if you do book on-line would be to confirm the booking by ringing the hotel directly.
I emailed when I got home asking if my Mum could perhaps have a refund for the extra charge on the room and the same day she received a refund so many thanks.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped in Crewkerne for lunch. It was 2.30pm. Staff were lovely, smiley & friendly. We had fish & chips x 2, plus a glass of wine & a tea. £18. Very good value. A local pub, for locals but perfectly friendly for visitors too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple