“Friendly, well-run and good value”

The Old Stagecoach Inn
The Old Stagecoach Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Crewkerne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in June, using it as a base to explore Dorset and Somerset. Paul and Helen are friendly and run the inn very efficiently. The bar has some good ales and Helen produces some very tasty, reasonably-priced meals from a good menu . The chalet-style rooms are in a peaceful location behind the inn and have everything you want for a comfortable stay. I paid £45 / night for bed and breakfast and consider this good value. I highly recommend the Old Stagecoach Inn

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here with my partner and my sister and husband, we had two rooms, both very similar, very spacious they both had double beds and a single bed but still lots of room to move around. Ample parking and friendly staff. I did walk down to crewkerne in the morning so yes it is doable. We would stay there again if in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bazza1979
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I thought this Inn was value for money. This is not a rowdy pub and was peaceful when we stayed there. Our room was comfortable and very clean but lacked a mini fridge and hairdryer. Great parking area. Breakfast was filling and delicious and the management were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AussieApril
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was staying at The Old Stagecoach Inn on business and opted for a room without breakfast at £34 a night. The entire experience was fantastic! Upon arrival I was met by the very friendly owner who was most helpful (he even let me use the wireless internet at no extra charge). Having got my key I was very gratified to see the room was clean & spacious with a decent en-suite. Everything worked perfectly and the shower was fantastic. I'd have no issues with recommending this B&B to others and felt it was great value for money. Thanks very much.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Echoing previous reviewers, what you take away most from the Old Stagecoach Inn is how friendly the staff are - ever accommodating and great at making you feel welcome.

The rooms themselves are clean and well looked after. The pub has a good selection of ales and does an excellent steak and kidney pudding, from a well stocked menu. Breakfast was excellent, full English for a tenner (per room, not per head).

Its location about 50 metres from Crewkerne station is ideal for those without a car but I believe I saw plenty of space for cars out the back. The Inn is a 15-minute walk from Crewkerne town centre; cabs are easily arranged if needed.

I can't compare to anywhere else in the area but I've no need to, as if I'm ever back in Crewkerne this is where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisL921
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Very friendly landlord and landlady. Excellent selection of real ales and bottled Belgian beers. The refurbished rooms(chalet-style) are warm and comfortable with convenient, plentiful parking. The restaurant is cozy and serves excellent home cooked food. Worth a visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mgm2001
Reviewed 24 June 2012

i would like to say what a fantastic stay we had at this b and b the friendly welcome we received when we arrived. the rooms are outside the pub, i agree with someone else like chalets,on a nicer scale. the rooms were tastefully decorated, spotless and pleasant. The beds were comfortable and quite a pleasure to stay there. We arrived at different times due to work commitments etc.everything was ready on arrival. The owners were friendly and nothing was too much trouble all our needs were accommodated to a high standard. The breakfast was second to none lots of toast made available,and plenty to eat, cooked to a high standard, in a quite quaint room. The outside buildings are maintained in a lovely setting.The area is local to a town centre with lots of little shops. I wish Paul and Helen every success and will definately return in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms were quite there is a standard rate for the room and a small additional rate for a further...