“disappointing!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“disappointing!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

having used this pub on many occasions, we revisited the white hart, only to find it had changed hands and is now no more than a burger bar, the food was only average and cold, the beer was still good and that's all I can say about the place, shall be looking for another eating place in future,

• Visited July 2014

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Coffee for a steak”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Myself and my wife visited The White Hart on the evening of 23/06/14, and after reading so many good views was expecting very good things and can now only guess this pub has since changed hands as the food was definitely not fresh but mostly using frozen products.

On arriving in the pub we ordered drinks at the bar and was served by a new member of staff who could not use the till properly, I understand staff need time to learn but at least have somebody nearby to teach them.

We ordered Garlic Mushrooms, Garlic Bread and Cheese to share, and after working out the poorly written choices on the steak part of the menu every item being described as "or" instead of just the Salad or Peas and Jacket or chips, my wife had the Surf & Turf, and I had the 8 oz sirloin steak.

The garlic mushrooms and garlic bread with cheese arrived at the table, and was unfortunately the highlight of the whole meal, the mushrooms being the breaded type you get out of any freezer department in any supermarket but was served on a black slate trying to be something they were not, but they were tasty and served with a generous amount of garlic mayonnaise, and the garlic bread again the same type you can pick up sliced in any supermarket and covered in cheese, again tasty but not worth the money they were charging.
The Steaks were different cooked right, but of such a bad quality and both full of so much gristle, that I ended up choking my way through my steak and my wife had to pass me hers to cut up (saw up) like a child, this was all served with cheap frozen chips some still hard, onion rings, button mushrooms (most probably frozen or tinned) and frozen taste less rock hard peas. We complained and was told the chef would have words with the butcher and offered a cup of coffee on the house not bad for two bits of steak that had cost us over £20.00, this was all accompanied on the table with the dreaded cheap sachet of sauces, salt and pepper, but on a plus side the wife enjoyed the cheapest quality frozen scampi you can buy and the member of staff was friendly and welcoming and the ale was good.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Cats!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Th bloody place stank of cats and the beer was not good at all. Won't be going back here again EVER!!!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Dean C
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
“Good friendly pub”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Often go here with friends. Always a good meal, served hot and in good time. Friendly atmosphere and landlord that has many talents, cook, barman and waiter all in an evenings work. Would surely recommend.

Visited April 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Dissatisfied Customer”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having just read a review from some idiot dated February 2013. Strongly suggest they stay at home and cook there own lasagnes. I live in Devon and often visit my friend in Crewkerne. We have had many a meal at your establishment over the past 3 years. I can only say that every meal that we have ever eaten there, has always been excellent in quality, quantity and value for money. Always served piping hot and steaks are cooked to perfection, just exactly as we order them. Everything about our meals has always been perfect. Always freshly cooked , never having to wait any longer than one would expect for such good quality fresh food. Have been there many times in the winter and it has always been a very warm and comfortable place to eat, heat wise as well as atmosphere. Even your 2 ginger cats make everyone welcome. Long may you continue,

• Visited December 2013