“Nice Stay - Thank you :)”
Review of Knights Rest

Knights Rest
Ranked #11 of 13 Burnham-On-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed at the Knights Rest for a couple of nights before Christmas with our dog and we found the accommodation comfortable and clean. We have to agree with the previous comments though about the very small en suite bathroom and the lack of a table to one side of the bed. But apart from that the breakfast was good and the owners friendly. Unfortunately we were unable to park outside so we used the car park around the corner, making sure that we put money in before 9am otherwise we would have been booked by the patrolling traffic warden!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We stayed at Knight's Rest for 1 night. The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable.Breakfast was very good and the proprietors very friendly. On the down side - I rang and asked for the availability of a DOUBLE room. I was told there was one available with an en-suite. On arrival our bedroom was a twin room with two single beds pushed together. Having reviewed the property photographs since our return I notice that the room normally has 2 single beds with a bedside table inbetween. This explained why there was only one bedside table in the room and I had to put my glasses case on the radiator at one side of the bed. The en-suite is also spotless but absolutely tiny. A small square shower with curtain, nestles up against a toilet. It is easier to sit on the toilet and then shut the room door (as it is so close to the end of your knees) than to shut the door then try to sit down!..
Overall the accommodation was spotlessly clean and the proprietors unquestionably amiable and helpful, however I would rather be told upfront if the type of room I have requested is not available but an alternative is.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My stay was very comfortable and my hosts, Hugh and Jenny, could not have been more welcoming or helpful. I stayed in a single room which was very comfortable, clean and well heated. The breakfast was wonderful (and vegetarian was no problem for them) and I had the chance to sample some home-made marmalade which was delicious! Jenny and Hugh made the effort to give me a slightly earlier breakfast than advertised on the second morning as I had to leave to catch my plane, a gesture which was very greatly appreciated as I had to leave early for the airport and the journey itself was rather problematic. All in all I had a very friendly and family feel from this B&B, which is very near to town and within walking distance of most things, including the beach.
A couple of things to bear in mind:
The rooms are all upstairs and there is a shared bathroom, which is not a problem so long as you are not in a hurry to use the toilet! This is not a criticism, just an observation.
Parking can be very awkward with double yellow lines on both roads (the B&B is on the corner but the road is quiet). Choose very carefully where to park in order to avoid the traffic wardens wrath!
I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B as a nice, quiet, comfortable and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here for 1 night and found the room very clean and the bed was comfortable.
It is very handy to walk to the sea front and town centre.
The breakfast was lovely, with the usual choice of cereal, toast and various hot breakfast items on offer.
There is a good choice of tea & coffee in the room and a flat screen TV with all the digital channels.
The only gripe I have is that the en-suite, was at best, a cupboard.
The shower cubicle was that small, that trying even the simplest of tasks left you with the shower curtain clinging to your torso , I say "Cubicle" it was a shower tray with a curtain around it.
I know that everyone expects en-suite facilities in this day and age, but i defy anyone to manage a comfortable shower in room 2.
The toilet in the en-suite was also very awkward, once you shut the door and sit down your nose is touching the door.

Room Tip: Avoid room 2 if you appreciate a decent en-suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

A great 2 day break in a beautiful b&b , run by a really nice couple who make you feel very welcome, rooms are top standard throughout and very clean, could not fault the place / price, breakfast was excellent too, we would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Knights Rest...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed for 2 days at Knights Rest in Burnham on Sea. This is a small B&B run by Hugh & Jenny, a very friendly couple. They made us feel very much at home, and the breakfast was nice too. The room was good but the shower cubicle was a bit small.
We visited the Cheddar caves which is only 10 miles away and it was really worth it !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Greeted by Jenny who is a wonderfull host, immediatly offered a pot of fresh tea and home made biscuits after a tiresome journey. Although only a 3star B&B should definatly be 4star, but the propriators are happy to be a 3star. The breakfast was more than adequate. My room was beautifully furnished with every facility that you need.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham-On-Sea
The Royal Clarence Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brean
No photo provided
Cloisters Guest House
#13 of 13 in Burnham-On-Sea

Been to Knights Rest? Share your experiences!