Returned today from a short break at Sandy Glade. It wasn't short enough. First impressions the park seemed nice and clean, we then went to our so called SILVER chalet. What a dump. If that was the silver I dread to think what the bronze or budget chalets are like. At least one curtain in every room was hanging off. The carpet in the lounge area was covered in dog fur, not very hygenic when you have a 1 year old crawling around. I went to reception to complain as the welcome pack advised you to do and they were about as helpful as we when we checked in, no help at all. They said they would get some one from housekeeping to come round, i'm srtill waiting. The loung area hadn't been dusted. The kitchen area is basic and the electric cooker looked old and dodgy but I did manage to cook some sausages in the oven, there was no frying pan. I had to walk round to reception to ask for one and had to borrow a can opener from the people next door who were about as impressed with the place as we were and left early. We were woken early ( before 6.00am) by the squarking birds that hang around the chalets. The site shop is only open a few hours a day, I went to buy some eggs on Saturday afternoon they didn't have any and was told they would't have a delivery till Tuesday. If you don't drive you will be stuck on the site. The bus that stops outside the site is unreliable, we waited 45 mins and it didn't turn up so gave up. It's a nightmare to get a taxi as you can't a signal properly on your mobile. The whole place is dated. The only half decent thing was the pool. Some of the reviews I read before from people saying they would be back again next year must be from the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandy Glade Holiday Park is easy to reach, just fifteen minutes from the M5, yet puts you right on a great stretch of Somerset coast. You can enjoy the long, sandy beaches of both Berrow and Brean which are a short walk from the park. The beaches are famous for their sand dunes, which kids will love playing on, and you’ll find that Brean Sands is a perfect beach for sunbathing, playing in the sand or paddling into the water. This Burnham-on-Sea Holiday Park has plenty for you to do once you get here. Our adventure playground means that even when you’re not at the beach the kids won’t be bored, and our heated pool is great fun for the whole family. We also have a clubhouse with nightly entertainment and a cafe and takeaway to make your stay even easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sandy Glade Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park Hotel Burnham-On-Sea
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset