“Great food indifferent staff”
Review of Chandni

Chandni
Price range: US$21 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here with family. Good food and lively atmosphere but the staff, whilst competent and efficient, seemed hugely indifferent to our needs.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We go to Burnham and local area most weekends and have eaten out at many restaurants and take aways both in Somerset and most big Cities. Chandni is the best if you want excellent ingrediants, all cooked freshly by staff who are courtious and very friendly.
Whenever my husband walks in the door, the staff greet him, remembering his name (even though we are from Birmingham) and offering him nibbles from the bar and a drink.
The restaurant itself is spotlessly clean and we never have to wait as the service is excellent.
So if you want 'good food' not just 'any food' then go to Chandni. If it was on my High Street I would use it all the time.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Nothing to dislike. Attentive staff serving good food and smiling with it. No delays but we weren't rushed. Although I was in 'scruffs', I was welcomed as if a regular. Lovely!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I Have been to this resturant many times with friends family and even the local Panto ( "Oh yes I have") and the welcome and service has always been amazing. BUT If you go as a table of to on one of there set menu nights you feel like you need to eat your meal as quick as you can and get out!! As soon as I put my fork on my plate to just have a breater they wanted to take my plate away I found myself and my partner were forced to finish very quickly table booked for 7.30 we had our 3 course meal and were out by 8.15 nop word of a lie and it really let everything down.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was the first time I had been to the Chandni Indian restaurant, but others in the party of six had been several times before. From the moment you walked in the staff were welcoming and attentive. The meals that we had we all excellent, from starter to ice cream or coffee. The food quality was superb, with enough lamb in the Madras to satisfy a carnivore like me, and well-cooked rice and tasty naan bread. We had a range of side dishes and each was well prepared.

In addition to the quality of the food you cannot help but notice the bone china used: each item was brilliant white with the Chandni name written on it – perfect for displaying the colours of the various meals. Even the salt and pepper pots bore the Chandni name.

No wonder the restaurant was full even though the town was quiet. One of the best Indian restaurants I've ever visited!

3  Thank WanderingJJ