“saturday lunch”

Cuisines: American, British, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

the food was nice helpful staff,food coe quite quick but staff slow to clean tables.the gents toilet was not very clean with broke locks,no soap and wet floor

JyeDixey, Manager at The Reeds Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to feedback on your visit.
I am pleased that you found our service to be good and your meals were okay. I am disappointed that you found the toilets to have been in a poor state and I have taken this opportunity to re-focus the team on getting this right.

I have also used your comments to highlight the importance of getting the tables cleared but clean, so thank you for raising the issues you found on your visit, we take them seriously and will be working to get these right.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Burnham is not the place to find an eclectic choice of eating places, so, after spending twenty minutes walking around the front trying to find somewhere we chanced on The Reeds Arms and thought " well we're hungry so let's get in ". Just like all wetherspoons, same menu wherever you go. A good choice of beers though. So I had a pint and a chicken and rib combo, and it tasted exactly the same as one I had a couple of weeks ago in a similar wetherspoons in Birmingham. To be honest I don't have any complaints, food and beer ok, table was a little on the dirty side but we swept the crumbs off with a menu. If you don't expect a fancy restaurant then you won't be disappointed. Must be popular as it was busy for 6pm on a Sunday. Unless that was the only venue open at that hour.
If there was somewhere else I probably wouldn't have gone there but I wouldn't say on my experience don't go. I would say the value is good, not very good.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was quite possibly one of the worst pub meals I have ever had. Initially the service was good, but when we encountered a problem, they became quite obnoxious. We were asked if we wanted to speak to the Manager,after 2 requests he appeared. He possessed quite the most unprofessional manner I have witnessed-Wetherspoons must be desperate if this is the calibre they employ? If we hadn't had a sense of humour our special evening would have been ruined. The food was cheap, but you could see why,chicken was dry and overlooked,burger was tasteless,rib sauce was yuk, and the side salad was a disgrace.

3  Thank tuppence190
Reviewed 3 March 2014

...so you know what to expect. Their menu and service are similar wherever you go and there was nothing wrong here with either. I notice one reviewer says there are better restaurants here, but a walk along the main street led us here in desperation. There's a lack of quality places to eat in the town...and, as the tide was out, there was no sea either! It was fine for a pitstop meal, but not where you'd take your beloved for a night out.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Not up to the usual Weatherspoon standard. Meal ( all day brunch) came very quickly and I could understand why when it arrived. Not sure any of it had been freshly cooked, the bacon was dry and hard, eggs greasy, sausage tasted like it had been filled with sawdust and dry. I could go on. Should have sent it back and gone elsewhere but time did not permit for this unfortunately. If I had to sum the meal up in one word it would be dire!

1  Thank 601alisonb