“Birthday meal”

Rosewood Hungry Horse Burnham on Sea
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to go here for our daughters birthday meal,... Wish we had gone somewhere else! 1 meal wasn't edible, 1 was touch n go, the other 2 were ok at best. I did complain about the meals, they said it wasn't there fault. But gave us a free pudding in its place. Not good enough and won't be going there again.

mark r, General Manager at Rosewood Hungry Horse Burnham on Sea, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello,

First and foremost I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the poor experience you feel that you experience and challenges that you were met with during your visit with us here at The Rosewood. Your comments have been shared with the team.

We pride ourselves on the speed of service and the quality of food and on this one occasion we never met your expectations. I was pleased to have read that a team member offered you some desserts as way of an apology .

We have a very caring team here at The Rosewood and the team are having regular training and team meetings to help eradicate isolated incidents like this.

I would like to re-assure you that your experience is not a normal occurrence here at the restaurant. We would like for you to return in the near future and let us show you what exceptional food we serve and our great service in action.

Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your time and money!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went here on the last night of our holiday. Very busy but managed to find a table and thought we were lucky. Wish we hadn't. Lots of choices not available which made it difficult to order after queuing for ages for only one till to take food orders. Food finally arrived but some was cold and some burned. Complained about burned food and when a replacement finally arrived ages later, that, too, was burned! Couldn't wait to get out to find somewhere decent to get food for my poor family!!!! Would have made complaint there and then but no-one came back to our table to even clear plates. Fed up waiting.

• Visited May 2014
Hi,
First and foremost I would like to extend my apologies for the poor experience and challenges you were met with during your visit with us here at The Rosewood.

We are one of the busiest restaurants in Burnham on sea. We are a completely seasonal business and sometimes the weather changes last minute and this can cause a mass influx of customers. Due to our high standards with regards to food storage we can only store so much at any one time. I have passed your comments onto our property team to look into providing us with extra storage space during the summer months.

We are always more than happy to replace any meal that a customer is not 100% with and I feel satisfied that we dealt with your complaint in a fast and efficient manner.

If you are ever back on holiday in Burnham we would like to invite you back to The Rosewood to show you that your last experience is not a normal occurrence.

Burnham-on-Sea, null, United Kingdom
“Great value and service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Not been to this place for years and so am pleasantly surprised. Nine of us ordered food and desserts, nine happy customers. The menu was as expected for this type of eating place, it was plentiful and well presented but more importantly tasted good, we all had empty plates. Its excellent value and some good food deals on. Top tip, look on line for discount vouchers on voucher code site , I saved 25% so real bargain to boot. The staff are really happy and professional and gave excellent service. I'd go again and can recommend. Thanks for a lovely evening.

• Visited June 2014
Hi ,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that enjoyed your visit with us here at The Rosewood. I will make our team aware of your lovely comments. This will prove to be a great moral booster for them all.

See you again very soon.

“Lovely”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Me and the family popped in here for a meal on the 4th of June and I must say it was a wonderful experience! We were met at the bar with very competent staff and they seemed to go out the way to help us.

The food was glorious and the portion size more than ample with so much choice on the menu everyone will find something they want!

I have lived in the area for a long time yet this has been my first visit to the pub and I hasten to add, shall not be the last!

Hi,

I am pleased to have read that recently you enjoyed your visit with us here at The Rosewood. All the team work very hard to give the best service and provide the best experience for every customer. I will pass your encouraging comments onto the team.

We will see you again shortly at The Rosewood.

Many thanks,

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been a patron of this pub for many years. However after a gap of some months I have come here again a few times in the last few weeks. On every occasion the gents lavatory was out of orders with a scrappy notice informing patrons of "ongoing problems" and instructing them to go and get the key to the disabled toilet, thus potentially inconveniencing both able bodied and disabled patrons. Hence one star. Also in a half empty pub the volume on the multiple televisions is tuned ip so high that you are forced to go outside to have a normal conversation. However despite this the beer is kept quite well and the bar staff are nice.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback to us. If you felt in your personal opinion that the televisions were too loud, you should of informed a member of our team and we would of gladly turned them down for you. We can only apologise for that oversight.

The men's toilets have now been updated and fixed also. We , again can only apologise for the inconvenience that this may of caused you, but we thank you for bringing these problems to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon, where you will have a much more enjoyable visit with us.