I spent 2 nights in uroa. I chose it on the basis of the price and close proximity to stone town. After reading reviews I had low expectations so i was very pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick, immediately brought to my room. I stayed in a garden view room which was very comfortable. All the rooms have huge beds, walk in showers and privatebalconies with seats and table.
The garden view room i was in was about a 3 min walk to pool. The air con and fan both worked perfectly. There is a secure safe in the room.No hairdryer. Also there is no clothes washing facility in the hotel.
The pool is well maintained and really clean. Plenty of sun loungers. The beach is directly behind then pool bar and again plenty of sun loungers.
The staff are nice and service is prompt, unless you ask for otherwise everything will be put on your room bill. If you pay in dollars it is at a rate of 1770 to the USD which I thought was a little high.
There is a spa and although I didn't use it, it seems to have a standard range of services.
The breakfast is good, coffee not good!
The a la carte menu was extensive and reasonably priced.
Evening buffet was good, ,maybe could have a wider range but what is available is nice.
I would recommend this hotel for a relaxing few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new 4 star superior resort, on wonderful Uroa Beach, on the East Cost of Zanzibar. Italian management and maintenance, with smiling and professional local staff, working all together to make you enjoy at best your stay here. Big pool, pool/beach towel service, great beach, excellent Italian inspired kitchen, more then 40 square meter rooms fully equipped and furnished (individual A/C, mini fridge with daily refill mineral water, TV with satellite channels, telephone, fan, mosquito nets on beds, safe, internet connection, private furnished terrace, private services with shower box and bidet). Relaxing and easy-going atmosphere. Ideal for everyone who wants to relax and have a great time in a wonderful location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Uroa Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uroa Bay Beach Hotel Uroa Village
- Uroa Bay Beach Resort Zanzibar Island, Tanzania