“Great Place”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Stoupa
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Basic rooms but have everything and as usual in Greece very clean, maids in everyday. Wonderful staff will do anything and everything they can to help you enjoy your stay. A bit of a hill to walk up if your not too good on your feet but only about 500 yards to the beech, shops and restaurants. Another beech (Kalogria) is about 10 mins walk, this is a beautiful sandy beech and worth the walk, nice little restaurant on the way. All the eating places are great our favourite was the Akrogiali, but all are good and we never spent over 30 euros for two of us. If you wish there are many trips organised by the local tourist office, but be prepared to do lots of up and down hill walking. Stayed for a week going back for two weeks next year, love it. Back to the hotel, breakfast is good always one hot item involving eggs and lots of fruit and salad. Nice pool which is also used by the guests from the next door apartments owned by the hotel. Bar area with a large tv if your missing your favourite team, Marios the barman says he can make you any drink you want. Met several people that have been coming back for many years and I can see why. If your thinking of Stoupa this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Only spent one night as the hotel was full from the following day, but very pleased we managed to stay there. Simple and very clean room with newly decorated en suite, at back of hotel so balcony gave us side view to sea. Good size pool with plenty of sun loungers. Excellent breakfast with an extensive choice. Plenty of parking opposite the hotel and only a couple of minutes walk to the harbour and sea front. Manager/owner very helpful and friendly, only charged E50 for the one night including breakfast. A perfect place to stop over as we drove north.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
South Wales, UK
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed there at the beginning of June but can only now make my review.
This is it

OK Here's my review, I'm not waiting 3 months. This review will be long as it will cover the resort, Hotel and the holiday.
Firstly, people are complaining about prices...well ours cost us an additional £400 due to the "Gatwick affect" ...we stayed on the way up at the Hilton and on the way back, a room only was £100 per night, food was extortionate and the cost of drinks non-sensical - one round of a bacardi and a whisky coming to £15.
The flight's were on time and were fine.Kalamata airport was ok too , what you would expect from a small provincial Greek airport.
The coach ride through the mountain ranges and along the coast was great, took an hour and half. Jane from Doufexis was our courier and very informative.
We arrived at Stoupa dead on time around 17.00 greek time.We were booked into room 216 at the end of the corridor, very good position overlooking the end of the pool. Basic but clean room, and they were fastidious at tis hotel on cleanliness.Small but brand new looking shower room - no bath, who cares :) a very large person may have problems :) but it was lovely. The bed's were fine and I had the best fortnight's sleep I have had for many a year.
Breakfast was more than adequate and generous and I cannot understand some of the moaners, just what do they expect in the morning?
The bar was a very good place to wind up the evening and in Marios the hotel as a bar man it should treasure, he had just the right attitude I thought.Luckily for me they had SKY Sports! and I didn't miss the rugby. Our fellow holidaymakers were a really sociable and nice bunch of people.
Thres a lovely pool there with adequate sun loungers,
The hotel is situated up a quiet lane.
Maria the manageress is a wonderfully warm person and a real pleasure...she's also a pretty nifty dancer :)
The resort really revolves around one stretch of promenade and an arcing beach,personally I found it a little gritty,but that's just me.Kalogria beach is marvellous, if you can manage the steep hill out of town, fantastic bathing
Our day revolved around chilling out with books and dvd's either at the pool or the beach.Next time I will hire a car now I know the conditions.....We went to Olympia which I have wanted to see for a long time now and matched my expectations.We went on a Taste of Mani ride which gave real depth to the holiday...we were going to go Monnevasia but had to cancel,apparently it's pretty steep there and I have to be careful with these things. Also the mountain village evening was cancelled due to a lack of interest...hmmm..a real disappointment.
Of course this type of holiday is really about eating and people watching.Well the Tavernas are, in the main,among the best I've been toGreece and we really enjoyed our evenings, good fresh quality and sensiblely pitched prices. We went to bars ,mainly for lunch but returned to some of the evening tavernas too. We went to just about every one,we tried [ * means lunch]
Pefko* ...large and well run, Elias is a tremendous host,4/5
Halikoura* - fab views, good food pleasant staff 4/5
Gallios - as above a bit more rustic 4/5
Butchers - Oh dear ! theres always one, they have live trad music - ok - unfortunately my starters and mains arrived at the same time ! and there was a mistake with the bill, at least I give them the benefit of the doubt on that 1/5
yESTERDAY/TODAY - A really fresh approach I thought,excellent quality amazing views 5/5
Akrogiali *- as far as I'm concerned the best! great views of the wonderful stoupa sunsets and etremely good cooking 5/5
5 Brothers - A nice place but so close to the others possibly a bit dated 3/5
Riviera* - Excellent , really very good 4/5
Dionysios - Well worth a visit , up the side street by 5 brothers 3.5/5
Avli - Phew! very generous , good cooking too 4/5
Ang-spit - double phew! :) had to leave some , possibly a bit stodgy, but above average 3.5/5
Stoupa *- Nice approach here too and imaginative menu - pot roasted goat eg - lovely view, excellent cooking,
laid back 4.5/5
To Polio Bostani *- Oh God, superb, the finest dish of red mullet Ive ever had, octopus that just melted, lovely setting 6/5 and if any one says Stoupa is a British enclave we were the only Brits there. Cant wait to return
What has Stoupa got going for it? ambience,hospitality a heady relaxed feeling, Ive had a bad 12 months and this place really lifted me.Is it Greeky enough? well I'm not sure what that means, it was for me, but there again it wouldn't suit romantics who want the beach and taverna all to themselves in an elitist sort of way, or for those, possibly with teenage kids more used toCorfu or Ibiza, is it Little Eastbourne by Aegean?hmmm possibly I'm 62 but consider myself fairly young - I can listen to The Killers alongside the Beatles, but some of the oldies were razzing it up more than me :) Would I go again? well yes....like a shot actually,if only to eat LOL...and I'm not one to visit places year in year out...we my not do a fortnight there every year but a week every September or even eventually moving there for the winter is a distinct possibility.
Yammas Stoupa!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Keith J
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Had a 3 days stay with my wife and son. Hotel's location is extremely convenient and we just forgot our car in the parking during our stay. Regular hotel (somehow need renovation) with clean rooms. A place where you can relax during your short vacation or during your weekend trips

• Stayed August 2013
Erdington
Reviewed 5 September 2013

ive been to Stoupa several times since 2001and stayed all round the village i love the place and the area the locals are very friendly , every where is clean and in walking distance and Particks bar on the sea front is always a friendly place to wander into no matter what time of day or part of the season you go .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank moonti
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stoupa is a quiet little beach town. the Lefktron is just 100 yards from the beach and has a great little pool as well. Many bars and restaurant in walking distance, free private parking lot for guests. It is a typical Euro hotel with tiny rooms. bathrooms and beds. AC works really well but you have to be in the room for it to work. Family owned and run it is a good clean, convenient hotel with WIFI and fairly priced. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaythecomputerguy
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

There is very little to add to the fantastic reviews as we agree with everything mentioned. We have been to many places and enjoyed our holidays but I can understand why so many people return to this resort and to the marvellous Lefktron Hotel. Spotlessly clean rooms, very friendly and helpful staff and the breakfast was second to none. The pool was very nice and also very clean. The prices in the tavernas were the most reasonable of all the Greek resorts we have been to and the food was terrific. We met so many people who had returned and going for a stroll was like meeting old friends. There is no doubt that we will return and will recommend the Lefktron Hotel to anyone interested in Paradise.

Room Tip: We had a room on 2nd floor overlooking the mountains. Spacious and fabulous view, we could also see...