“Good lunch and French experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Esplanade

L'Esplanade
Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Berck
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hockley, United Kingdom
“Good lunch and French experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

We visited Le Touquet and then on to Berck a little further down the coast.

We needed to find somewhere for lunch and most of the places along the seafront at Berck looked fairly mediocre but we chose one with 'Terrasse Chauffee' on the front and which looked to have a few customers.

My wife has to use a wheelchair and the waitress was very welcoming and asked us if we wanted to eat in the Terrace or the main restaurant, we chose the Terrace.

My wife had the 'plat du jour' which was a selection of different fish presented in a very attractive manner the like of which would never be seen in the UK.

I fancied trying the mussels but it was a long time since I had eaten them and asked the waitress if they had a lot of garlic (using my limited French).

She said no but would I like to try some first and after waiting for a few minutes she brought back a bowl with about 30 in! (I was not charged for these)

After finishing these I ordered some more as the main course.

Both meals were enjoyable as was the chocolate pudding I had as a sweet.

The main part of the restaurant was very smart and the toilets were modern and spotless.

All in all we had a very pleasant time and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Singapore, Singapore
“Overpriced - trop Cher”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

the quality of food is average, the service is OK but the prices are too high.
we ordered a plate of Bulots and Prawns, the quantity is too low for the price paid.
the positive point is to have diner with the sea view.
we won't come back and try another place next time in Berk.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank djchrisblue
England, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, surprising food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We took a trip to the seaside as moules frites were wanted by some of the group. Obligatory rain was present, so straight away we set about looking for somewhere to eat.

From the outside, L'Esplanade isn't anything special, surrounded by typical seaside food 'restaurants', but it was busy, so we ventured in.

We were seated immediately inside the restaurant, not in the 'terrace', and a waitress came and took our order, and even spoke a little English, particularly helpful for people like me who speak very stilted French ;)

We all ate from the €31.50 menu, with me opting for fois grad, John dory and chocolate fondant.

Personal taste for the fois gras aside, the food was outstanding! Definitely much much more than we expected! Beautifully presented and extremely tasty, these guys definitely know what they are doing!

The moules went diene very well, with 2 very large bowls full arriving at our table, the moules in 'cheese' sauce came highly recommended.

Dessert really did have to be crammed in, but lived up to the rest of the meal, the most heavenly chocolate pudding I have ever tasted!

The service was excellent, despite being exceptionally busy, we did not have to wait for long in between courses, and the waitresses were very friendly.

Beautiful food, and a lovely atmosphere - made for a perfect day (despite the weather!)