“Never Again!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Stars Chilly Mazarin

Hotel Stars Chilly Mazarin
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Stars Chilly Mazarin
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chilly-Mazarin
Manila, Philippines
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

Awful experience. I payed 48 euros, would not go there again even for 10 euros: matress was really loud, room was not really clean, bed sheets had two big holes (about 2cm diameter), WC anything but inviting, anyone can just walk around the prking lot, dy and night (in the middle of an industrial area, it would be nice having a fence, at least)... I usually sleep at Etap (sometimes are not really clean either). I tried Stars once, never again, if I don't get anything else, I rather sleep in the car, nd spend 40 euros on Petrol while having the engine/heating on during all night!

• Liked — There was a Bed on my room!
  • Disliked — Not clean and extremely used furniture.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank Davidoff_bcn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2008

I finally reached the hotel late at night in early January. The last three letters in "Hotel" were burned out, and I could not see another person anywhere near this industrial area.
-My bed was a padded mat similiar to what some people use when camping.
-I wish I had been camping because I think that it would have been just as comfortable. I say that after 10 years in Boy Scouts and 20 years of camping, hunting, hiking, and fishing.
-The hotel was robbed my 4th night there. Luckily the police didn't try to question me very much since I speak only a handful of french.
-My family called me many times, but the staff never gave me a single message. I discovered that my family had been calling from a fellow traveller from Alabama or somewhere down south. He took a message from my family member, and gave it to the desk attendant to give to me. Of course he did not repeatedly.
-Late at night the desk staff must of had many good times. I could hear all there conversations, except when a 747 or many larger jets were leaving the Orly Airport.
-Orly Airport is extremely close, but to get there affordably.(bus, train, metro) It will take you much longer.
-If you can find the bus which takes you to the train station you have a great start. Just make sure your on the correct side of the street. The train will then take about 30 minutes to your stop, and then you'll need to take another bus.
-Hopefully while your on the train you will not be robbed by the gypsy children.
-I saved alot of money by not knowing that I hadn't bought the correct rail pass for my area. The metro maids attempted to fine me, but luckily let me off. Some U.S. credit cards do not work on certain Euro credit card machines.
-Also I was lucky the Metro maids where nice, and understood that I had no idea what was going on.
-I took a taxi. Most money I have ever spent to sit in a car. $50+

-The bus service ended about midnight or 1 AM. So when figuring in at least an hour of train travel from Paris to the near train station to grab the bus. I had to get out of the city by 11:00. Which can be difficult in a nighttime city were everything happens later and is only open at a certain time.
-I was there for 2 weekends. Both weekends the police had to come breakup fights. The discotecque party goers migrated to the hotel parking lot.
-The hotel staff walked in on me multiple times in the morning. Even though I was usually headed in to the city by 8 AM.
-A chair against the door helps combat cleaning staff from barging in since there are no inside door locks.

In closing I hated this place. My advice is to NOT stay at the Hotel Stars in Chilly Mazarin. Pay the extra money for a place IN Paris preferable near a metro. The metro system is easy once you get a map, and affordable. I lost days of time in Paris because I bought the cheapest room in an industrial no man's land.
-Save yourself and your vacation from this hotel.
-The staff does not speak English well enough to communicate.

• Liked — Leaving the hotel
  • Disliked — Arriving and staying at the hotel for 2 weeks.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Solomon_Montana

Travellers are raving about these Chilly-Mazarin hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2007

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel the weekend of 28th Sept!!! We booked this as a package deal for a cheap break to Paris to watch the Rugby, and by god if we hadn't had the rugby to watch I would have been completely devastated!!!!

Upon arrival, it was notably obvious that you are literally in the middle of an industrial estate with 2 large night clubs directly next door and a petrol station about 5 steps from the front door....

Inside, all seemed well, reception were friendly, our room was directly at the top of the stairs, every thing seemed clean and we noted the nautical theme (very amusing).

Upon entering our room which was extremely small, we found that not only were we paying to sleep on a metal camp bed, but the shower room was a contained wet-room unit with a door that did not shut with the tiniest towels ever, that not even a 4 year old could benefit from!!!!

The shower head was attached to the top of the wall, so unless you are over 7 foot tall you were just showering the rest of the room, literally as you could not shut the door!!!!!

To get to Paris was a nightmare, the trains come literally once an hour, although their saving grace was that they play music at the stations which was quite novel.... On Saturday it took us over 2 and half hours to get to Paris!

When we returned after a 20 hour day, completely exhausted, we were greeted by a noisy karaoke bar to the right of the hotel, 2 night clubs to the left and to our delight, our bedroom window was above a coach parking bay, and directly under a flight path!!

Least to say it was the worst nights sleep I have ever ever ever had in a hotel, with constant people screaming and shouting when leaving the club, cars pulling in and out with stereos blasting, planes flying over, door slamming - all whilst on the most uncomfortable camp bed!!!!

On our last night, we spoke to reception - asked for a wake up call at 5.30am and a taxi for 5.45am. The following morning we got ourselves up (without the promised and advertised morning wake up calls), and upon walking down were told our taxi was waiting, brilliant we thought - but we were not told it had been waiting since 5.30 and the fare was already nearly €20.

The service was crap to put it bluntly and I wouldn't even send my worst emeny there! As I stated before, if it wasn't for the lure of the rugby game and seeing some of the tourist side of Paris I would never recommend Paris to anyone!

• Liked — Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — The location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Coz-7
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2006

This Hotel was clean with adequate en suite facilities. For an extra 6 Euros you could have a Buffet Breakfast - well worth the money. Chilly Mazarin is close to Orly Airport but about an hour from Paris on the Train and Metro Service. A taxi to Orly Airport cost us about 34 euros. The tain station is quite a distance from the hotel and there is no taxi service from Chilly Mazarin Train Station, you need to get off the train at Massey P. The taxi fare cost us 18 euro.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2005

I chose this hotel as it was 'close to Orly' and I needed to stay there for a night. CLOSE being a $40 cab ride. If you want to get into Paris, you must take a bus and then get on the RER to Paris. The Hotel is SHABBY!!!! It advertises 'nautical themed rooms'... I guess this is true if we are talking about STEERAGE on the Titanic (POST ICEBURG). I have stayed in nicer Youth Hostels. I spent all night hearing, and smelling the cigarettes of other guests in the hall. Spend the extra $20 initially and stay at the Ibis which is right next to the Airport and has a FREE shuttle and is proven as clean and a value. Trust me, DON'T STAY AT THE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2005
11 Thank soderblom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilly-Mazarin
Kyriad Massy - Opera
Ibis Budget Antony Massy
Novotel Massy Palaiseau
Novotel Massy Palaiseau
#3 of 4 in Palaiseau

Been to Hotel Stars Chilly Mazarin? Share your experiences!