“Terrible stay, terrible location and terrible room.”

Hotel Stars Chilly Mazarin
Hotel Stars Chilly Mazarin
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chilly-Mazarin
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We got to the hotel and even from the outside it looks run down. But we thought we would give it ago. We walked in and the staff spoke little English so came across really rude and just chucked the keys at us and pointed to out room. We got into the room and the smell was terrible it smelt dirty and unclean. The bed sheets were clean that was the only good thing about the hotel. The shower and bathroom was terrible everytime we had a shower the water ran out and flooded the bathroom and through the door into the bedroom. Honestly if you want a cheap trip to Paris don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 26 March 2014

as we are non smokers....the smell in room made me sick....if you smoke- is perfect place for you....for a bargain price i was not expecting much, but could do more with cleaning,especially carpets in the corners, so dirty, is going black :( bedding was clean!!! Shower could do with more improvement ...shower curtains was to short, and shower base not very deep-so after every shower the bathroom floor was flooded... Staff were very helpful and friendly-5 stars for it....Breakfast is good !!! Parking is free!!! and its cheap!!!! so, do i stay ever there again?- maybe!!! was not that bad after all!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Arrived to this accommodation after a long journey hoping to have a good night's sleep but unfortunately the "hotel" was so unhygienic and disgusting, we were forced to leave and find different accommodation last minute on new years eve. Location of this "hotel" was terrible, staff were rude and unhelpful, room was extremely small and completely disgusting. Outside the main door there was very dark and there were needles on ground. I would recommend NOT to stay here!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here with the intention of visiting Paris Daily. We both bought a weekly metro ticket for 40 Euros each and stayed here for 5 days. The nearest metro is Longjumeu station which is about a 20 minute walk straight down the road and hard to miss.

While the room is lacking in many services it was a well sized room with a clean and working toilet and shower and I was happy to stay there. The staff were very helpful and friendly towards us. The planes flying over and that are not so bad at night time and I don't recall being woken up once by them.

I would recommend this more to backpackers visiting on a budget. But if you do not have a tight budget get yourself somewhere in the city.

A word of advice there is nothing to secure your belongings within your room ( No safe,lockers or indoor locks ) And as a paranoid traveler this meant I had to take all my valuables into the City with me every day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

You get what you pay, but consider the transportation to Airport. I needed a room just to get the plane first time in the morning. I payed 48 USD for the room, but 40 euros to get to the hotel and 35 euros to leave.
Room was hot, no air conditioning, unable to open the window, and the bathroom really small: use the same faucet for the shower and the washbasin. Not Joking!.

Room Tip: Upper level you feel more safe, because the area is not nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The staff is a Russian roulette. Day 1 the young man at reception was lovely, extremely helpful and going out of his way to assist me. The next few days were ok but my last two were just awful. They were doing some works which prevented me from sleeping and was up all night only been able to doze off in the morning effectively missing out on one day of my holiday.
Breakfast gave me food poisoning so not only was I tired from the day before, I was also unwell. Phones were not working in the room so all calls had to be taken from reception. On my last day I came across one of the rudest people I have encountered on my trip. And this was the receptionist! Do not go to this hotel. It really isn't worth the savings.

Room Tip: Do not go- best advice
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2012

If you intend to stay there, consider it twice. They don´t give you any attention to your needs, even also thru emails. I think they haven´t people prepared to use Internet, it´s the only way to explain a primary mistake like that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan_Joan

Been to Hotel Stars Chilly Mazarin? Share your experiences!